Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Rams vs Colts plus injury reports

Restinpeacesweetchloe

6 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I’m curious on how much the CTE settlement has affected the strict guidelines of the NFL concussion protocols. 

Is it possible players just have colds/allergies vs. it always being a concussion? I have had both concussions & colds during this time of the year. The headaches, fatigue, ringing in ears are common symptoms of both. 

it just seems that everything is labeled “concussion symptoms” nowadays

I agree, I am not a doctor let me say that but I have my doubts what a concussion is or not. I have been concussed and had to stay in a dark room with very little noise for nearly 3 days. A headache could definitely be mistaken as a concussion. AR was out in public the very next day after the Texans games, walking around and was fine. That was per the Kevin Bowen show. That doesn't sound like a concussion to me. I think teams and doctors are being extra careful after what happened to Tua and don't need any bad publicity, so they just say concussion no matter what. Like when someone gets a cold, some automatically assume you may have Covid-19. That is the world we live in.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, I am not a doctor let me say that but I have my doubts what a concussion is or not. I have been concussed and had to stay in a dark room with very little noise for nearly 3 days. A headache could definitely be mistaken as a concussion. AR was out in public the very next day after the Texans games, walking around and was fine. That was per the Kevin Bowen show. That doesn't sound like a concussion to me. I think teams and doctors are being extra careful after what happened to Tua and don't need any bad publicity, so they just say concussion no matter what. Like when someone gets a cold, some automatically assume you may have Covid-19. That is the world we live in.

This is exactly what they just said on the radio pertaining to Rainmann. Said he might of had a headache and it didn’t go away during the week so now they are being careful.

• Like 1

We are about to find out how well Shane has this team prepared when injuries hit. Reich had that one game in AZ in 21 when the Oline was injured  but we had much better depth I think so far Steichen has looked like he has everyone prepared when injuries hit. Have to learn to fight through them and still win.

Bigger story here is R. Kelly.  I think he's done after this year.  He will either retire, or get released.  Seven + games missed over last 1.25 seasons is pretty bad, and he'll just be more likely to get them going forward.  If they keep him, it should be for substantially less .... 

Who are the FA OC next year?  Any great interior OL that are Jr/Sr in college??

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Are concussions happening more frequently or just better reported?

Probably both.  These guys are constantly becoming bigger, faster, stronger AND there is a very open public concern with concussion. 

Just last night I was out and saw some old HS buddies and we were talking about that.  There were 5 of us and everyone of us "had our bell rung" in football or wrestling and were given smelling salts to "wake us up" lol.   Like from flag fb on up lol. 

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

Gonna guess it happened in practice? Wonder if he’ll clear in time?

Since there are no more practices I don’t think he can clear. Question is what happens if they look at him tomorrow and determine if wasn’t a concussion. The fact he can’t go through all the steps before Sunday I would say he is out.

34 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Bigger story here is R. Kelly.  I think he's done after this year.  He will either retire, or get released.  Seven + games missed over last 1.25 seasons is pretty bad, and he'll just be more likely to get them going forward.  If they keep him, it should be for substantially less .... 

all we need is an average center, been saying it for 2 years personally, kelly is totally replaceable

18 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Since there are no more practices I don’t think he can clear. Question is what happens if they look at him tomorrow and determine if wasn’t a concussion. The fact he can’t go through all the steps before Sunday I would say he is out.

I concur.

This must have happened in practice.

Since there are multiple stages to the concussion protocol it is HIGHLY doubtful for this Sunday - and - maybe the next.

God bless you Bernhard as you recover from your injury.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Wow no designation for smith. Great news. Freeland will play LT.

I’m sure we are going to see Freeland but it’s interesting that he’s only listed as the backup for Smith on the depth chart.  Rainmann’s backup is left blank on the depth chart.  Hard to master both spots for a rookie.  Poor Q.  Sandwiched between French and Freeland.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

As long as smith is not a liability with the wrist I am glad it’s just one tackle spot.

Mostly concerned with a rookie QB and French with protection calls.

even if french is still in there, he should be improved somewhat on that front, if not thats an issue

1 hour ago, Jackie Daytona said:

I’m okay with French starting the rest of the year. 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Also Richardson and French only got one practice together since Kelly practiced the part two days.

They obviously go at it pretty hard in practice for Rainmann and Kelly to go out on the last practice.  Coaches might need to rethink if that is a wise thing to do.  I thought they just had walk throughs on Friday.  Guess not. I’m sure AR had a red jersey on.  Kelly on the other hand gets to go at it hard.  That doesn’t make sense to me.  Especially if the injury is a concussion.  He’s a veteran.  It’s not like he needs a ton of practice.  Many veterans get days off.  Lineman’s heads collide all the time.  Why risk him?  Makes no sense to me.  His injury could have been prevented.  His relapse is on the coach’s imo.