Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Rams vs Colts plus injury reports

Restinpeacesweetchloe

14 minutes ago, AKB said:

i feel like the vibe was for him to eventually be our LT, and they started giving him snaps pretty early 

Well….  Yes.    Week one.   And it grew from there.    The coaches were asked about it and they made no secret, this was their plan all along.   

When the Colts drafted Raimann, the scouts raved about how smart, poised and mature he was.   That he learned very quickly.   That he rarely made the same mistake more than a few times.   And all that clearly showed during the season.  He went from really terrible to really good during the course of the season.   Very impressive.   

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well….  Yes.    Week one.   And it grew from there.    The coaches were asked about it and they made no secret, this was their plan all along.   

When the Colts drafted Raimann, the scouts raved about how smart, poised and mature he was.   That he learned very quickly.   That he rarely made the same mistake more than a few times.   And all that clearly showed during the season.  He went from really terrible to really good during the course of the season.   Very impressive.   

yeah if they were giving him snaps week 1, i'd say that was the plan, or at least that there was a competition between him and pryor, which we all know pryor was absolutely garbage

same with baker JR at CB, if the vet is gonna be garbage, then let the rookie be garbage while learning

luckily brents balled out game 1

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

That makes sense.  I didn't know what you were thinking, but the explanation makes sense!  Maybe he's not as game ready as we hoped!!

I want to stress this….   I can’t say it enough.   I hope I’m WRONG!!  

I’d much rather be wrong and have Freeland surprise me and all of us here than be right  and have Freeland badly struggle.   But I figure if Raimann struggled for 10 weeks last week,  then odds are, Freeland will very likely struggle too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry, but not true.  

The plan was revealed week one at Houston.    The staff planned to play Raimann in the first game and every game building up the snaps.   The fact that Pryor sucked only accelerated the plan.   But there WAS a plan.  The staff freely talked about it before and after games.   We talked about it here on this message board.   

They did not plan to start Rainmann that soon. Did they good he would eventually be the LT. Yes. But they did not plan to start him that soon.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They did not plan to start Rainmann that soon. Did they good he would eventually be the LT. Yes. But they did not plan to start him that soon.

can't imagine they thought Pryor would be that bad

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I addressed that in my previous post.   Pryor was terrible.   That accelerated the Colts plan.   But there WAS a plan.   The Colts talked about it.  So did this community here on Colts.com

Remember, the Colts thought Pryor would be decent.  He graded out with his best season by far in ‘21.   They gave him a good contract in ‘22.   But even with the expectation that Pryor would be acceptable the Colts also planned to bring Raimann along at the same time during the season. 

Roughly 12-15 snaps the first two weeks.  Then about 15-18 the next two weeks.   I think Raimann missed a game or two with injury/illness and then the Colts were starting Raimann as Pryor was beyond terrible.   And so was Raimann when he was first starting.  I think Raimann gave up 3 sacks and had a lot of penalties vs New England.   But a few weeks later, he got surprisingly better.  The rest is history.  But there WAS a plan.  

The Rams would be foolish to not have Donald go up against Freeland most of the game. We’re going to need multiple TE sets or multiple RBs to chip at him. 

Again, I imagine part of the plan will be to not play hero ball and just make quick throws. You don’t call up long developing plays against a front with the #1 pass rusher in the league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

The Rams would be foolish to not have Donald go up against Freeland most of the game. We’re going to need multiple TE sets or multiple RBs to chip at him. 

Again, I imagine part of the plan will be to not play hero ball and just make quick throws. You don’t call up long developing plays against a front with the #1 pass rusher in the league. 

I am not sure it will matter where Donald lines up.  The Colts will have at best two backups, two hurt starters, and their one healthy lineman is the one most people view as the weak point on the line Donald would normally attack anyways.

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I addressed that in my previous post.   Pryor was terrible.   That accelerated the Colts plan.   But there WAS a plan.   The Colts talked about it.  So did this community here on Colts.com

Remember, the Colts thought Pryor would be decent.  He graded out with his best season by far in ‘21.   They gave him a good contract in ‘22.   But even with the expectation that Pryor would be acceptable the Colts also planned to bring Raimann along at the same time during the season. 

Roughly 12-15 snaps the first two weeks.  Then about 15-18 the next two weeks.   I think Raimann missed a game or two with injury/illness and then the Colts were starting Raimann as Pryor was beyond terrible.   And so was Raimann when he was first starting.  I think Raimann gave up 3 sacks and had a lot of penalties vs New England.   But a few weeks later, he got surprisingly better.  The rest is history.  But there WAS a plan.  

Thursday night against broncos on that short week 7-9 penalties which I thought was excessive by refs 

• Thanks 1