Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Ravens post game thread

GoColts8818

3 hours ago, krunk said:

How many times did we sack Lamar?  It seemed about 3 maybe 4 times.

Four and they sacked Minshew five.  It should be noted three of those came on the Colts failing to recognize Hamilton blitzing in presnap reads and let him come unblocked so they beat the line twice.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Looking back  that safety Minshew took might have been a good thing. Or ravens might of ended up right in colts territory after we punt out of the end zone.

I think you chalk that up to sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.  The Ravens made two massive mistakes after it that made it work out.  It should have been game over had the Ravens played smarter and 99 times out of 100 it would have been.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Looking back  that safety Minshew took might of been a good thing. Or ravens might of ended up right in colts territory after we punt out of the end zone.

I was thinking the same thing...the safety ended up being better than punting

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Downs seems to be a lot twitchier and had quicker feet. Still don’t think colts udef Parris right and giants are not either.

Giants wasting hyatt as well. They simply  don't  know what they are doing. Would like to see the colts use downs like the Texans are using tank dell.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Four and they sacked Minshew five.  It should be noted three of those came on the Colts failing to recognize Hamilton blitzing in presnap reads and let him come unblocked so they beat the line twice.

Moss whiffed on 2 of those. Minshew moved him to the blitzer side twice but missed him both times. Thought the patched upm OL played decent today considering. Thought Smith had some rough times as much as any OL. Minshew definitely took some hits though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Downs seems to be a lot twitchier and had quicker feet. Still don’t think colts udef Parris right and giants are not either.

I can’t remember a play yet where he hasn’t been wide open. You can see it Everytime he catches a pass, the defender is a couple steps behind him. He’s more quick than fast for sure. To me he’s already the teams number 2 receiver.

• Like 3

Sry if my thoughts have already been talked about on here, just to lazy to go through every page after a longs day work! Whelp, who needs to tank when you are in a crummy division! Titans probly are tanking now! I can see our Colts sneaking into the playoffs! With that said, I still see a ton of bad from this team…

first of all, it’s time to find a replacement for Braden Smith! He killed us today and hasnt played well since he signed his big contract! Take a page from the Chiefs! They benched one of their starting Olman after getting 2 penalties! Until we find a replacement, we need to put a TE/RB on the right side every play!

Secondly, it may be time to move on from Shaq! After 3 games, he clearly has lost a step or 2! Maybe put him in on occasional situations, but he’s lost his sideline to sideline speed!  Could be wise to find a trade for him while he still has a little value! Thank goodness we have Speed and Franklin to cover for 53! 

Finally, I still dont like why our defense gives so much space to receivers, especially in the middle if the field! The sideline db defense is ok, but this is discouraging to me!

Always great to get a road victory, especially in Baltimore! Dont know why Colts always gotta make it a close fg type of game there though!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s really starting to be worrisome with Leonard. He is not improving. Has looked like a liability. This might be his last year with colts with Franklin and speed playing so well.  Talk about opening some cap room.

I'm glad you noticed this too. After such a big win, I didn't want to come here and criticize. But Leonard has been bad, and he gets a lot of snap counts. I'm sure Stuard would have made more plays and tackles, had he been playing

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

I'm glad you noticed this too. After such a big win, I didn't want to come here and criticize. But Leonard has been bad, and he gets a lot of snap counts. I'm sure Stuard would have made more plays and tackles, had he been playing

I am willing to see what happens by mid season but it’s not looking good. 

2 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Sry if my thoughts have already been talked about on here, just to lazy to go through every page after a longs day work! Whelp, who needs to tank when you are in a crummy division! Titans probly are tanking now! I can see our Colts sneaking into the playoffs! With that said, I still see a ton of bad from this team…

first of all, it’s time to find a replacement for Braden Smith! He killed us today and hasnt played well since he signed his big contract! Take a page from the Chiefs! They benched one of their starting Olman after getting 2 penalties! Until we find a replacement, we need to put a TE/RB on the right side every play!

Secondly, it may be time to move on from Shaq! After 3 games, he clearly has lost a step or 2! Maybe put him in on occasional situations, but he’s lost his sideline to sideline speed!  Could be wise to find a trade for him while he still has a little value! Thank goodness we have Speed and Franklin to cover for 53! 

Finally, I still dont like why our defense gives so much space to receivers, especially in the middle if the field! The sideline db defense is ok, but this is discouraging to me!

Always great to get a road victory, especially in Baltimore! Dont know why Colts always gotta make it a close fg type of game there though!

Smith did not give up a sack. The Oline was not a problem today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Moss whiffed on 2 of those. Minshew moved him to the blitzer side twice but missed him both times. Thought the patched upm OL played decent today considering. Thought Smith had some rough times as much as any OL. Minshew definitely took some hits though.

I remember Moss whiffing on one and he came running from the other side of Minshew after the ball was snapped which means they didn’t account for him in the preplay reads which was on Minshew because they said he was doing that with Kelly out.  The other two I remember being free shots with Minshew not even knowing he was coming.  

Overall I was happy with the line.  Nelson had a monster game.  He was clearing a hole just about anytime the Colts ran behind him.  Him and Rainmann are locking down the left side.  French was serviceable but they really miss Kelly and him doing blocking assignments.  Fries/Sell did their job for the most part.  Smith had a rough game.  He gave up one sack and two badly timed false starts.  The latter happens on the road at times.  I think had it been Nelson or Raimann people would be more understanding but Smith has kinda turned into the forum whipping boy a little bit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Smith did not give up a sack. The Oline was not a problem today.

The problem with the line this year seems not to be personnel, but rather, the schemes. Failures to pick up blitzes and stunts. I'm wondering if this is due to coaching? Or players making mistakes in protection assignments? Probably both, but this has to be fixed soon. Or all our QBs will be on IR

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

The problem with the line this year seems not to be personnel, but rather, the schemes. Failures to pick up blitzes and stunts. I'm wondering if this is due to coaching? Or players making mistakes in protection assignments? Probably both, but this has to be fixed soon. Or all our QBs will be on IR

I think they just missed Ryan Kelly helping with protection calls. Minshew is usually good against the blitz but not so good today. Running backs and tight ends have to do their jobs also picking it up. Ravens disguise blitzes really well.

12 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I said it earlier but if you take away his peanut punch, Leonard just isn’t that good or useful in this scheme. Franklin is better.

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He was third on the team in tackles today and had seven and was always around the ball carrier.  He’s getting better each game.

Making that much money though he had to get back to himself. You don’t pay a guy that much for 7 tackles. We can get more then that from Franklin and speed.

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I remember Moss whiffing on one and he came running from the other side of Minshew after the ball was snapped which means they didn’t account for him in the preplay reads which was on Minshew because they said he was doing that with Kelly out.  The other two I remember being free shots with Minshew not even knowing he was coming.  

Overall I was happy with the line.  Nelson had a monster game.  He was clearing a hole just about anytime the Colts ran behind him.  Him and Rainmann are locking down the left side.  French was serviceable but they really miss Kelly and him doing blocking assignments.  Fries/Sell did their job for the most part.  Smith had a rough game.  He gave up one sack and two badly timed false starts.  The latter happens on the road at times.  I think had it been Nelson or Raimann people would be more understanding but Smith has kinda turned into the forum whipping boy a little bit.

The second time he was lined up on Minshew left and Minshew moved him to his right side and that was the side Hamilton came in. Moss didn't slow him down even.

Couldn't help noticing Raimann standing aside of Nelson on the field. He looks every bit as big as Nelson if not bigger. Still see him listed at 303 even though he said he was up tom 315 but looks bigger. Most important now though is he is playing well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Making that much money though he had to get back to himself. You don’t pay a guy that much for 7 tackles. We can get more then that from Franklin and speed.

I know people don’t want to hear this but how much money you make has nothing to do with how fast you recover from an injury.  It takes time and the longer you are out the longer it will take.  

Again Leonard was third on the team in tackles today so he out did Speed.  In fact on the year Speed has 15 tackles and Leonard has 19 so no Speed is not giving them more.  Leonard also grading out very well while Speed has not.  He’s just not getting the big turnovers yet.  They will come in time.  What Speed is doing and why needs to keep playing is giving you the big plays.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think they just missed Ryan Kelly helping with protection calls. Minshew is usually good against the blitz but not so good today. Running backs and tight ends have to do their jobs also picking it up. Ravens disguise blitzes really well.

Sorry, I disagree. This Problem was happening last year too. They never seem to know who should be blocking who.

When a safety comes on a blitz, unblocked, and clobbers your QB one time, I guess you can say... well, the other team out schemed us there. But you have to adjust and fix it. Totally unacceptable to allow the safety to blitz unblocked, and destroy our drives, throughout the game. I doubt having Kelly in there would have made any difference

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m giving it to week 8 before writing him off completely 

He probably will get hurt before then

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I'm surprised he had 7. I only noticed one good tackle where he stuffed the ball carrier for little gain. Most of the time I saw him *footing around. Comes into the camera view after the whistle

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Sorry, I disagree. This Problem was happening last year too. They never seem to know who should be blocking who.

When a safety comes on a blitz, unblocked, and clobbers your QB one time, I guess you can say... well, the other team out schemed us there. But you have to adjust and fix it. Totally unacceptable to allow the safety to blitz unblocked, and destroy our drives, throughout the game. I doubt having Kelly in there would have made any difference

He probably will get hurt before then

Yet it hasn’t happened in the first two games with Kelly making the calls.  It happened today with Minshew making the calls.  It was a factor no question because there were several times beyond just Hamilton where guys weren’t getting picked up properly which we haven’t seen this year until today.  Call me crazy but if it didn’t happen with the guy who is responsible for it being in there and it does happen a lot with the guy who is responsible for it not being in there I think that was a factor.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yet it hasn’t happened in the first two games with Kelly making the calls.  It happened today with Minshew making the calls.  It was a factor no question because there were several times beyond just Hamilton where guys weren’t getting picked up properly which we haven’t seen this year until today.  Call me crazy but if it didn’t happen with the guy who is responsible for it being in there and it does happen a lot with the guy who is responsible for it not being in there I think that was a factor.

Its happened for years. Remember NE last year?

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

Seeing how bad Baker was and how quickly (which I’m glad it was) they lived on from him makes you wonder how he won that job to begin with. I wonder if JuJu doesn’t miss time because of the surgery, if he would’ve even been CB3.

Brents missed a lot of time in camp and looked bad in the pre-season so Baker kinda won it by default.

16 minutes ago, SLILLINGTON10 said:

Cool post game picture I got today.

Snapchat-1649767062.jpg

I am borrowing this for another thread to clean something up.  Thank you.

4 hours ago, Solid84 said:

A LOT of good to take from this game.

A LOT of bad to take from this game.

Most importantly right now the guys played with HEART. They WANTED this win!

And that has been missing for years.  This was the most enjoyable Colts game I've watched in years.

• Like 1