Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson Out

RollerColt

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know this for a fact but I am guessing if this was a playoff game, AR would play. Just a gut feeling I have from knowing how the NFL operates over the last 45 years. 

I think if Kelly was good to go, then they might have felt it was okay to have AR go out there and play. But with Kelly now out as well, might as well just have Minshew stand in and "take one for the team". 

It's gonna be a rough day at the office for the QB and the line against the Ravens. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Look at the bright side, we have a good backup. We could be Carolina and be rolling out a washed up Andy Dalton who hasn't been good for 5 years lmao . I would take Mustache over him any day right now.

Stroud is also on a pitch count for his shoulder... 

I hate injuries... It sucks for the players, it sucks for the team and it sucks for the fans. It's not fun when it's a bunch of backups across the league playing essentially pre-season football... 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Stroud is also on a pitch count for his shoulder... 

I hate injuries... It sucks for the players, it sucks for the team and it sucks for the fans. It's not fun when it's a bunch of backups across the league playing essentially pre-season football... 

The rookies are getting experience though, it is good for them to know how life in the NFL isn't all roses. All 3 rookies from Young to Stroud to AR will learn.

22 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Isn't there a tropical storm thsts possibly hitting that area this weekend too? If so, I'm more than happy sitting him

Yes….   And it looks like the game will get a fair amount if rain.   It’s not clear how much as the storm looks likely to pass Baltimore Saturday, but it still may be close enough that the trailing outer bands may drop some rain on the game. 

EDIT:   Just double checked, as of now the game has a 70 percent chance of rain.   Mother Nature us often unpredictable but it looks like rain is highly likely.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boss7894 said:

Was French any good in the preseason? If not he’s going to have to do something and fast

He played the entire second half last week. There wasn’t really a noticeable difference.

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Minshew and French are going to spend extra time today working on their snaps.   Can’t have it be a problem Sunday.  

Should help that they played a half together last week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Per Ian Rapoport, 

Minshew will get the start. 

Zero surprise here. Figured that was gonna be the case when he got hurt. Hopefully he heals well and learns from this.

Now, who do I start in my Fantasy team, Minshew or Fields…

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Zero surprise here. Figured that was gonna be the case when he got hurt. Hopefully he heals well and learns from this.

Now, who do I start in my Fantasy team, Minshew or Fields…

Oh jeeze... that's not a good set of options for this weekend... We're playing the Ravens in a tropical system with high winds and downpours... and the Bears are playing against the Chiefs with Chris Jones back.

I'd say Fields just because he should net you at least a few more points than Minshew. If you're in a 10 person league, I'd take a look at the available QBs and grab one quick. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know this for a fact but I am guessing if this was a playoff game, AR would play. Just a gut feeling I have from knowing how the NFL operates over the last 45 years. 

An independent neurologist must clear him. I am cynical about a lot things but believe the players association would never stand for having a dishonest independent neurologist under the owners’ unofficial control.

As for 45 years ago, a rung bell would have merited smelling salts and a brief rest on the bench.

• Like 1