Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trey Sermon Elevated - Jackson Waived ((MERGE)) Title Updated**

Smonroe

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

He was an undrafted FA. Not exactly a huge investment. Just another Jonathan Williams 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Seriously?  

An undrafted free agent who was never more than third string, otherwise a practice squad guy.   A RB who only played because Taylor is holding out and Moss broke his wrist.  

Otherwise….   :dunno:

the main counter argument that pops into my head is the slot he's been holding.  (and that maybe we didnt sign "x" guy because we were fine running with deon for a game or two (like last year)) opportunity cost i suppose? 

in a RBBC type of situation, you need all of your backs to be pretty good at atleast one thing, and im not really seeing that from Deon, glad we moved on. 

We also should move on from Baker Jr, and I think Cross's snap count should go up. (Rodney Thomas hasn't had the best start either imo)

but anyway, the only thing I can think of in terms of Deon being a waste of resources was the amount of time he kept a RB slot, we did draft Hull, unfortunate he took that injury to his knee

• Like 1

• w87r changed the title to Trey Sermon Elevated - Jackson Waived ((MERGE)) Title Updated**
1 hour ago, AKB said:

the main counter argument that pops into my head is the slot he's been holding.  (and that maybe we didnt sign "x" guy because we were fine running with deon for a game or two (like last year)) opportunity cost i suppose? 

in a RBBC type of situation, you need all of your backs to be pretty good at atleast one thing, and im not really seeing that from Deon, glad we moved on. 

We also should move on from Baker Jr, and I think Cross's snap count should go up. (Rodney Thomas hasn't had the best start either imo)

but anyway, the only thing I can think of in terms of Deon being a waste of resources was the amount of time he kept a RB slot, we did draft Hull, unfortunate he took that injury to his knee

Im not arguing the Colts should’ve kept Jackson.   Not at all.  

I was arguing against the idea that “Ballard and his scouts deserve a D- for all the time and energy invested”.  

100% silly.   Just nonsense. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AKB said:

I don’t think they were arguing to keep Jackson just objecting to the idea that him not working out was some major failure on Ballard’s part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2023 at 6:17 PM, AKB said:

I would move Baker Jr down to the PS and I'm sure they will focus on Jaylon Jones. Maybe bring Darius Rush back in the fold somewhere. 

19 hours ago, bestQBever said:

I'm sad Deon got waived for 1 performance but I'm also excited about the accountability this team now has

1 performance ? He was dead last in yard per carry in the league in 2021, was second to last in 2022 and is last in 2023. He couldnt block ,couldnt take care of the ball and certainly couldnt find a hole. He made Trent Richardson look like a HOF back in comparison. He was bad in college at Duke so there was no reason to think he would become good all of a sudden and he did not. I think with work he could become a reliable backup in the XFL/USFL merger league but both leagues had talent down there so doubt he would start/