Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Weekly NFL Picks, here it is again folks!

2006Coltsbestever

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah my league was through Yahoo. That lineup I had in 2018 was brutal great. I drafted Luck on a gamble because of him coming off injury and Luck tore it up. Hopkins tore it up too.

Nice. I forgot what round he went in that year. 2018 wasn't the best year for me in yearly fantasy. I think I did well on fanduel, but it wasn't my best year. Only won 2-3 league out of 34. I was doing 16 team leagues and it was a lot of hard work and frustration. I thought it would be easy drafting rbs early and making sure to get two qbs, but it turned out to be very difficult. 

Never did that again lol. 2018 was a fun year for the Colts. I was hoping Luck would be making a comeback to become a superstar. Never thought the next time we'd be that excited again for football would be in a few days in 2023. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Nice. I forgot what round he went in that year. 2018 wasn't the best year for me in yearly fantasy. I think I did well on fanduel, but it wasn't my best year. Only won 2-3 league out of 34. I was doing 16 team leagues and it was a lot of hard work and frustration. I thought it would be easy drafting rbs early and making sure to get two qbs, but it turned out to be very difficult. 

Never did that again lol. 2018 was a fun year for the Colts. I was hoping Luck would be making a comeback to become a superstar. Never thought the next time we'd be that excited again for football would be in a few days in 2023. 

If anything, this is going to be an exciting and suspenseful year with AR. I already have the Tums and whiskey ready Homer Simpson Laughing GIF

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If anything, this is going to be an exciting and suspenseful year with AR. I already have the Tums and whiskey ready Homer Simpson Laughing GIF

I'm honestly not nervous. I expect there to be struggles along the way, and even though I'm excited and hope he does well, I also know he's extremely raw and needs time to develop. The only thing that would upset me is if there's a bunch of injuries that make the team unwatchable. If we stay moderately healthy, I think I can enjoy the year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm honestly not nervous. I expect there to be struggles along the way, and even though I'm excited and hope he does well, I also know he's extremely raw and needs time to develop. The only thing that would upset me is if there's a bunch of injuries that make the team unwatchable. If we stay moderately healthy, I think I can enjoy the year.

Yeah, injuries can ruin everything. Health is always a key. I think AR will be above average his rookie season. Year 2 is when I want see good-great.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, injuries can ruin everything. Health is always a key. I think AR will be above average his rookie season. Year 2 is when I want see good-great.

Yeah, I just want to see him improve his accuracy more than anything year 1. If he can master the deep pass and be moderately good at the short and medium game, then he can be very dangerous, especially with his size and scrambling ability.

• Like 1

Thursday Night Football

Lions 21 vs. Chiefs 31

Sunday Games

Panthers 17 vs. Falcons 14

Bengals 24 vs. Browns 20

Jags 20 vs. Colts 21 

Bucs 17 vs. Vikings 30

Titans 13 vs. Saints 19

49ers 26 vs. Steelers 20

Cards 6 vs. Redskins 10

Texans 17 vs.  Ravens 28

Packers 20 vs. Bears 21

Raiders 17 vs. Broncos 24

Eagles 26 vs. Pats 21

Dolphins 31 vs. Chargers 33 

Rams 17 vs. Seahawks 20

Cowboys 31 vs. Giants 24

Monday Night Football

Bills 27 vs. Jets 28

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The Lions were terrible on the road last year and great at home. I don't like their chances in Arrowhead tbh. I'm still waiting on Kelce, but I'm tempted to pick the Chiefs even if he doesn't play.

@2006Coltsbestever btw, my waivers just came in in my $25 ESPN league, was able to drop Irv Smith for Dalton Schultz. Nice upgrade at TE for free. :) 

So you dropped Irv Smith before he dropped any catches.  :funny:

I think people have only generally viewed Lions from the outset, you're factually correct. Goff was great at home last year, like to the tune of 16 TDs and only few interceptions, but away from home I think he had more or about the same interceptions as TDs.

And, Jamaal Williams isn't there to power through for multiple scores.

I think Lions defense will look little better than their awful show last year, but Lions offense will need to pull a lot weight to win games, with new running game and same Goff. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

So you dropped Irv Smith before he dropped any catches.  :funny:

I think people have only generally viewed Lions from the outset, you're factually correct. Goff was great at home last year, like to the tune of 16 TDs and only few interceptions, but away from home I think he had more or about the same interceptions as TDs.

And, Jamaal Williams isn't there to power through for multiple scores.

I think Lions defense will look little better than their awful show last year, but Lions offense will need to pull a lot weight to win games, with new running game and same Goff. 

The Lions won at GB knocking Aaron Rodgers off and out of the playoffs in the final week. That shows me they are good to go with their 9-8 record. They lost a lot of close games too, they could easily go 12-5 in that division. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Lions won at GB knocking Aaron Rodgers off and out of the playoffs in the final week. That shows me they are good to go with their 9-8 record. They lost a lot of close games too, they could easily go 12-5 in that division. 

Let's see.. For that to happen, Goff will need to play consistently well away from home, which will be a huge change in his career trajectory. Since Caldwell era with Stafford, they have been always in play-off hunt, finishing the season on positive note. 

Thursday Night Football

Lions 31 vs. Chiefs 38

Sunday Games

Panthers 17 vs. Falcons 31

Bengals 27 vs. Browns 34

Jags 31 vs. Colts 24 

Bucs 17 vs. Vikings 27

Titans 27 vs. Saints 24

49ers 23 vs. Steelers 27

Cards 13 vs. Commanders 24

Texans 24 vs.  Ravens 41

Packers 24 vs. Bears 28

Raiders 20 vs. Broncos 27

Eagles 27 vs. Pats 20

Dolphins 34 vs. Chargers 27

Rams 24 vs. Seahawks 31

Cowboys 34 vs. Giants 20

Monday Night Football

Bills 34 vs. Jets 21

Frank Reich and game 1s never end well. Browns, Steelers and Dolphins come in swinging at the beginning of the season. Let us see how my predictions go.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Undecided if ill participte this season but while here I'll put my Thursday pick in.

A toss up for me but I'll go with

Lions 26 ......Jake from State Farms Team 27 OT

Actually, it’s possible. 
tied 24-24 end of regulation. 
Chiefs get ball first and kick FG to go up 27-24. 
Lions get ball and throw a pick, chiefs player catches it in field of play but get tackled in his own end zone for a safety. 
Final score 27-26 Chiefs and LJ runs out to play lotto! 

2 hours ago, coltsva said:

Actually, it’s possible. 
Lions get ball and throw a pick, chiefs player catches it in field of play but get tackled in his own end zone for a safety. 

Run LJ Run  :headspin:

2 hours ago, coltsva said:

Actually, it’s possible. 

miracle on 34th street imagination GIF

Lions 21 @ Chiefs 28

Panthers 16 @ Falcons 24

Texans 17 @ Ravens 31

Bengals 27 @ Browns 28

Jaguars 33 @ Colts 20

Buccaneers 20 @ Vikings 28

Titans 16 @ Saints 23

49ers 24 @ Steelers 27

Cardinals 10 @ Commanders 27

Packers 21 @ Bears 27

Raiders 28 @ Broncos 24

Dolphins 27 @ Chargers 31

Eagles 31 @ Patriots 14

Rams 13 @ Seahawks 27

Cowboys 28 @ Giants 27

Bills 34 @ Jets 28

My predictions for this week. 

• Like 1

The Lions must have felt left out because nobody picked them to win. They showed everyone winning last night. 

Note to those who predict games: don't sleep on the Lions.  Also, the Chiefs need to get better receivers. Patrick Mahomes must be frustrated. I think their signing Kadarius Toney might have been a mistake. He's injury prone and when playing, can't catch balls. Maybe he'll improve, but I have yet to see that. Skyy Moore was suppose to be top receiver. He was a dud in week 1. Andy Reid will probably have things to say in meetings. 

2 hours ago, teganslaw said:

The Lions must have felt left out because nobody picked them to win. They showed everyone winning last night. 

Note to those who predict games: don't sleep on the Lions.  Also, the Chiefs need to get better receivers. Patrick Mahomes must be frustrated. I think their signing Kadarius Toney might have been a mistake. He's injury prone and when playing, can't catch balls. Maybe he'll improve, but I have yet to see that. Skyy Moore was suppose to be top receiver. He was a dud in week 1. Andy Reid will probably have things to say in meetings. 

I picked the Lions to win the NFC, so I am not sleeping on them. I just didn't have them winning last night. Last night proved though they are for real. KC is clearly better than anyone in the NFC.

I talked to my Step-dad (he is 71 years old) this morning regarding doing lists. His format when it comes to a top 5 QB of all-time is this:

The QB at least needs to have won 2 AP League MVP's and 2 SB's/Championships as a starter to be Top 5 of all-time. League MVP because that shows how a great the player was individually and how important he was to his team winning, so it isn't just about Championships. SB/Championship wins because if a QB is truly great, he should at least win twice leading his teams. I kind of agree with this concept. It is the AP League MVP argument is why. The League MVP isn't a team accomplishment like winning a SB in which offense and defense, SP Teams is needed

See with the 2 AP League MVP's, QB's like Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler, Doug Williams are after thoughts. Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Russell Wilson get eliminated as well from any convo of top 5 - I bring those guys up because some like to troll and say Dilfer won a SB, Marino didn't for example. It does however also eliminate guys like Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman, John Elway, Dan Marino, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees. Elway only won 1 League MVP which is hard to believe. Rodgers only won 1 SB. Brees never won a League MVP. Bradshaw only won 1 League MVP, Aikman never won a League MVP. Marino never won a SB for that matter. 

His top 5 is:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Joe Montana 

3. Tom Brady

4. Johnny Unitas

5. Patrick Mahomes

He has Peyton #1 because he feels like Peyton changed the game being a Coach on the field. When Peyton got his 2nd SB win being about half of what he was, that sealed it for him. He said that made up for SB 44. He has Joe 2nd because he said winning 4 SB's in the 80's was incredible considering the stack teams that decade had with the Bears, Redskins, and Giants. + the QB took way more punishment back then. He has Brady 3rd because of his football IQ and he is greatest winner of all-time with the 3 League MVP's. He was kid but watched Unitas, he said Unitas was the best QB ever until Montana came along. Unitas won more than 2 League MVP's and won 2 Championships in 58/59. Montana won 2 League MVP's but 4 SB's. He puts Mahomes 5th. He told me, he has never seen anything like him being able to turn nothing into something and he already has the 2 League MVP's and 2 SB wins.

My Step-dad is full of knowledge and had me speechless this morning. For craps and giggles, he thinks Joe Gibbs is the greatest coach ever. I was like why? He said he took 3 QB's that aren't Hall of Famers and won a SB with each - Theismann, Williams, Rypien. No other Coach has ever done that. He was about team and was the best at getting a group of just good guys in every area and executing wins every week. He thinks 3 or more SB/Championship wins qualifies a Coach to being in the convo for greatest ever.

He has:

1. Joe Gibbs

2. Vince Lombardi - he was a great Packers mastermind. 

3. Bill Belichick, but he gives Brady more credit for the SB wins they had. He also thinks BB cheated but he couldn't ignore his SB wins.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Welcome to the forum! The more the merrier! Nice username by the way, my family used to call me by that. :D

Thanks, for the welcome.

Family and friends called me Easy as a Child and they still do today. 😁

• Like 2

Week 1 pick: winner

Det-KC (know Detroit won, but would've picked KC)

Car-Atl

Was-Ari

Hou-Bal

GB-Chi

Cin-Cle

Den-LV

Jac-Ind

Mia-LAC

LAR-Sea

TB-Min

NE-Phi

Ten-NO

Pit-SF

Dal-NYG

Buf-NYJ

Home teams 12-4(including KC, who already lost)

And yep, Colts break opening day losing streak.

• Like 1

Here is my picks this week. I missed Thursday night but soon as I seen Kelce was out I put money on Lions to win and I won $900. I was sweating it though. That kid Mahomes is something else! 

Jaguars over Colts

Ravens over Texans

Bengals over Browns

Vikings over Bucs

Saints over Titans

Falcons over Panthers

Steelers over 49ners

Washington over Cardinals

Broncos over Raiders

Chargers over Dolphins

Patriots over Eagles

Bears over Packers

Rams over Seahawks

Cowboys over Giants

Jets over Bills

Also thank you @2006Coltsbestever for the welcome. I tried saying earlier but I'm on a snap count being a rookie to the forum and only allowed so many replies I guess. Lol I read the stipulations and I will be here each week participating. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, EasyE said:

Here is my picks this week. I missed Thursday night but soon as I seen Kelce was out I put money on Lions to win and I won $900. I was sweating it though. That kid Mahomes is something else! 

Jaguars over Colts

Ravens over Texans

Bengals over Browns

Vikings over Bucs

Saints over Titans

Falcons over Panthers

Steelers over 49ners

Broncos over Raiders

Chargers over Dolphins

Patriots over Eagles

Bears over Packers

Rams over Seahawks

Cowboys over Giants

Jets over Bills

Also thank you @2006Coltsbestever for the welcome. I tried saying earlier but I'm on a snap count being a rookie to the forum and only allowed so many replies I guess. Lol I read the stipulations and I will be here each week participating. 

You've now got your reputation level, I think, and elevated to the active roster... 

Come Here Lets Go GIF by TCU Athletics

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EasyE said:

Jaguars over Colts

Ravens over Texans

Bengals over Browns

Vikings over Bucs

Saints over Titans

Falcons over Panthers

Steelers over 49ners

Broncos over Raiders

Chargers over Dolphins

Patriots over Eagles

Bears over Packers

Rams over Seahawks

Cowboys over Giants

Jets over Bills

$900 on the Lions. Nice win. I usually make 2 or 3 bets a week, usually $50 or $100 on a couple of games each week. Here, it is just picks without the spread (no money involved) and I have won the last 2 years but barely. There are many knowledgeable people in here. I am already 0-1, I had KC but I had the Lions making the SB before the season in the big picture. I just didn't see the KC losing their home opener. Great sign for the Lions and my NFC pick.

On 9/7/2023 at 1:19 PM, chad72 said:

Thursday Night Football

Lions 31 vs. Chiefs 38

9 Games

Panthers 17 vs. Falcons 31

Bengals 27 vs. Browns 34

Jags 31 vs. Colts 24 

Bucs 17 vs. Vikings 27

Titans 27 vs. Saints 24

49ers 23 vs. Steelers 27

Texans 24 vs.  Ravens 41

Packers 24 vs. Bears 28

Eagles 27 vs. Pats 20

Rams 24 vs. Seahawks 31

Cowboys 34 vs. Giants 20

Monday Night Football

Bills 34 vs. Jets 21

Frank Reich and game 1s never end well. Browns, Steelers and Dolphins come in swinging at the beginning of the season. Let us see how my predictions go.

I don't pick games I just watch them. But today going up against your thoughts sounds like fun.

Panthers 17 vs. Falcons 31. I will take the under Falcons scoring 28.

Bengals 27 vs. Browns 34.  Bengals 27 Browns 20

Jags 31 vs. Colts 24.  Jags 27 to 20

Bucs 17 vs. Vikings 27

Titans 27 vs. Saints 24 Saints 27 to 20

49ers 23 vs. Steelers 27 49ers 27 to 24

Texans 24 vs.  Ravens 41

Packers 24 vs. Bears 28.   Bears 27 to 23

Eagles 27 vs. Pats 20

Rams 24 vs. Seahawks 31

Cowboys 34 vs. Giants 20

Monday Night Football

Bills 34 vs. Jets 21. Bills are not scoring 34 on the greatest D since the Bears. Haha!

Here are my picks

Lions 19 Chiefs 31

Panthers 13 Falcons 20

Bengals 23 Browns 24

Jaguars 26 Colts 17 

Bucs 20  Vikings  23

Titans 19  Saints  27

49ers 15  Steelers  13

Cardinals  9  Commanders  14

Texans  9  Ravens  16

Packers  20  Bears  34

Raiders  18  Broncos  21