Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Weekly NFL Picks, here it is again folks!

2006Coltsbestever

Last season (2022) I won the weekly picks by going 161-92-2-1 = no contest. The no contest was between the Bills at Bengals. Chrisaaron finished 2nd. I am looking forward to having our usual posters pick as in @Chrisaaron1023 and @RollerColt, In 2021, I edged out RollerColt by 1 game. So I am working on a 3-Peat. Everyone is welcome to pick, only stipulation is, if someone misses more than 3 weeks, they can't qualify for the Trophy. That wouldn't be fair to the people that pick every week or almost pick every week. If someone does miss 1 or 2 or 3 weeks, then we would go to winning%. Missing upto 3 weeks is understandable because maybe someone is out of town, sick, or had an emergency in a certain week, etc.. If you fail to miss 1 pick in a certain week out of all the games, that is ok because sometimes getting that Thursday pick in can be tough if someone is busy.

Anyway, good luck everyone! Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons Participation Trophy GIF

For a teaser, I am picking the Colts over Jacksonville 20-17. I smell an upset, I think the defense plays good being at home and they haven't won here since 2017. I also think AR doesn't make any key mistakes. We will soon find out if the opening day jinx does indeed end.

Maybe we can get @LJpalmbeacher2and @Jared Cisnerosto participate, just please read the stipulation. Getting picks in only takes a few minutes, once you have had all week to figure them out. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Well, be prepared to lose this year!

Lose Monday Night Raw GIF by WWE

Glad to have you aboard. RollarColt damn near got me in 2021 and last year Chrisaaron gave me a run for it. I had to put that stipulation in there because if someone gets hot for 8 or 9 weeks they can win without having to pick half the season because of %. I think if someone misses 3 weeks that is fair because things do happen.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Glad to have you aboard. RollarColt damn near got me in 2021 and last year Chrisaaron gave me a run for it. I had to put that stipulation in there because if someone gets hot for 8 or 9 weeks they can win without having to pick half the season because of %. I think if someone misses 3 weeks that is fair because things do happen.

Fair enough 

• Thanks 1

And I think I probably will get disqualified as the season wears on me, which is better than losing.  :P

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

And I think I probably will get disqualified as the season wears on me, which is better than losing.  :P

You are on here a lot and once you see who is playing the next week, you pretty much have all week to get your picks in. 4 days before the Thursday game. You will be fine. You might beat me. I really didn't pick up to my standards last year. I was much better in 2021.

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Last year, I disqualified myself as I missed two weeks and then lost interest... So it's better to have it as a rule.

Important thing is, to me, to do it earlier in the week without fail and update if needed later depending on how injury reports and other developments go. 

Yeah that stipulation is fair because someone could get on here and pick for only 6 weeks and get 80% right. It is the other 11 weeks that would could bring that % way down. In 2021, I had a streak for a month (4 weeks in a row) where I was right at 80%. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are on here a lot and once you see who is playing the next week, you pretty much have all week to get your picks in. 4 days before the Thursday game. You will be fine. Tou might beat me. I really didn't pick up to my standards last year. I was much better in 2021.

Yeah, my picks result in Yahoo league came very close to the winner here at the end of the season, so you guys really played below your standards :D

I usually just miss out getting the entries in here, otherwise I do it regularly every week in Yahoo league

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Yeah, my picks result in Yahoo league came very close to the winner here at the end of the season, so you guys really played below your standards :D

I usually just miss out getting the entries in here, otherwise I do it regularly every week in Yahoo league

Last season was real difficult to pick. Teams were so inconsistent and you had good teams losing to bad teams more times than not. 

19 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

@2006Coltsbestever You know what happened in 2021? We agreed on dang near every game lmao… and we were both right most of the time. 

Yeah I had a game lead on you going into the last week. We agree'd on every game the last week. I know you probably think I was doing that so I could win the Trophy but I really wasn't. It would have been a legit strategy but that last week almost every game was an obvious pick. So we picked the same games. You and I kept going back and forth all year. I have to admit around week 14 or 15 I think it was, I was saying to myself this guy might beat me chuckling homer simpson GIF- I felt like I was Apollo and you were Rocky (Rocky 1). I just held on barely. You and @Chrisaaron1023are always great competition. 

• Like 1

@RollerColtI hope you do participate, because as Apollo said after Rocky 1, "I won but I didn't beat him". I felt like in 2021 I won, but it was a Draw. That still bugs me eventhough this is all fun. I take my predictions/picks serious though. I am already taking the Colts, so go with the Jags. Jags will win the South IMO but I think for 1 game we get them :thmup:.

If it comes down to someone within 1 or 2 games at the end of the season. We could add the playoffs picks in at that point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@RollerColtI hope you do participate, because as Apollo said after Rocky 1, "I won but I didn't beat him". I felt like in 2021 I won, but it was a Draw. That still bugs me eventhough this is all fun. I take my predictions/picks serious though. I am already taking the Colts, so go with the Jags. Jags will win the South IMO but I think for 1 game we get them :thmup:.

If it comes down to someone within 1 or 2 games at the end of the season. We could add the playoffs picks in at that point.

That’s the plan, Stan. Last year ended up in chaos for me personally. This year hopefully life slows down a bit! 

• Like 1

Thanks bro @2006Coltsbestever for starting this. I was going to start it tomorrow if it wasn't yet. I'm looking forward to another year and hopefully doing better than the last two seasons haha

I went 167-106-2 last season 

On 9/3/2023 at 10:33 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Last season (2022) I won the weekly picks by going 161-92-2-1

You must've forgotten to account for one week eh?

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Thanks bro @2006Coltsbestever for starting this. I was going to start it tomorrow if it wasn't yet. I'm looking forward to another year and hopefully doing better than the last two seasons haha

I went 167-106-2 last season 

You must've forgotten to account for one week eh?

I did, I was actually 170-99-2 and the no contest. Thanks for the correction. I only had 3 more wins than you had. There were 272 games played so that makes sense 170+99+2+1 =272.

My picks for week 1:

Lions 19 Chiefs 24

Panthers 23 Falcons 20 in OT

Bengals 20 Browns 21 - I smell an upset here, Burrow is questionable.

Jags 17 Colts 20 - another upset!

Bucs 20 Vikings 27

Titans 19 Saints 22

49ers 24 Steelers 20

Cards 13 Redskins 23

Texans 13 Ravens 31

Packers 20 Bears 24

Raiders 17 Broncos 19

Eagles 24 Pats 19

Dolphins 31 Chargers 30 (game of the week alert)

Rams 22 Seahawks 24

Cowboys 27 Giants 24

Bills 24 Jets 30 in OT

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 2:27 AM, RollerColt said:

Still day to day but you gotta imagine he’ll be playing. He’s been running and throwing at practice and working 11 on 11s.

Yeah, probably plays then... Bengals seem to have slow start every year and I read in their website from fans saying he's had some sort of niggles every year to start the training camp. Unless the injury could get worse, he plays. 

• Like 1

Lions 20 vs Chiefs 24

Panthers 14 vs Falcons 16

Texans 17 vs Ravens 30

Bengals 24 vs Browns 17

Jaguars 24 vs Colts 13

Buccaneers 13 vs Vikings 24

Titans 14 vs Saints 24

49ers 28 vs Steelers 20

Cardinals 6 vs Commanders 13

Packers 28 vs Bears 27

Raiders 13 vs Broncos 17

Dolphins 31 vs Chargers 34

Eagles 20 vs Patriots 14

Rams 17 vs Seahawks 21

Cowboys 23 vs Giants 24

Bills 27 vs Jets 24

• Like 1

Opening Week is always hard to predict winners and losers.

Lions 21 @ Chiefs 27

Panthers 17 @ Falcons 14

Texans 13 @ Ravens 23

Bengals 31 @ Browns 27

Jaguars 20 @ Colts 17

Buccaneers 24 @ Vikings 31

Titans 17 @ Saints 13

49ers 20 @ Steelers 27

Cardinals 10 @ Commanders 20

Packers 24 @ Bears 20

Raiders 17 @ Broncos 20

Dolphins 24 @ Chargers 27

Eagles 30 @ Patriots 14

Rams 16 @ Seahawks 23

Cowboys 17 @ Giants 20

Bills 21 @ Jets 31

Confidence pick: :thinking:

• Like 2

Week 1

Lions over Chiefs

49ers over Steelers

Vikings over Bucs

Bengals over Browns

Ravens over Texans

Falcons over Panthers

Commanders over Cardinals

Colts over Jags

Titans over Saints

Raiders over Broncos

Patriots over Eagles

Seahawks over Rams

Chargers over Dolphins

Packers over Bears

Cowboys over Giants

Bills over Jets

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Undecided if ill participte this season but while here I'll put my Thursday pick in.

A toss up for me but I'll go with

Lions 26 ......Jake from State Farms Team 27 OT

How does the OT work out?

They both are in 20-20 at the end of regulation, then Lions score 2 FGs and Mahomes scores last second TD?

.... Except I'd think Lions would've won the match if they get to score 2 FGs while Chiefs still couldn't score at all.. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

How does the OT work out?

They both are in 20-20 at the end of regulation, then Lions score 2 FGs and Mahomes scores last second TD?

.... Except I'd think Lions would've won the match if they get to score 2 FGs while Chiefs still couldn't score at all.. 

It can't. Lol.

• Like 1

I doubt he plays but I still went with KC. I would be surprised if Mahomes lost his home opener on banner night. I think the Lions are going to be good this year too.

The Lions were terrible on the road last year and great at home. I don't like their chances in Arrowhead tbh. I'm still waiting on Kelce, but I'm tempted to pick the Chiefs even if he doesn't play.

@2006Coltsbestever btw, my waivers just came in in my $25 ESPN league, was able to drop Irv Smith for Dalton Schultz. Nice upgrade at TE for free. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The Lions were terrible on the road last year and great at home. I don't like their chances in Arrowhead tbh. I'm still waiting on Kelce, but I'm tempted to pick the Chiefs even if he doesn't play.

@2006Coltsbestever btw, my waivers just came in in my $25 ESPN league, was able to drop Irv Smith for Dalton Schultz. Nice upgrade at TE for free. :) 

Nice. I quit playing a few years ago but won my league in 2018. That seems like 20 years ago lol. My QB was Luck and I had Hopkins that year.

• Like 1

Nice. I quit playing a few years but won my league in 2018. That seems like 20 years ago lol. My QB was Luck and I had Hopkins that year.

Nice! I've gone down from playing around 30 yearly leagues to 2. I now play around 200 bestballs and daily fantasy football every week. Easier this way than having to change 30 lineups and make add/drops multiple times a week.

• Like 1

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Nice! I've gone down from playing around 30 yearly leagues to 2. I now play around 200 bestballs and daily fantasy football every week. Easier this way than having to change 30 lineups and make add/drops multiple times a week.

I used to play in a league with 12 people from 2014-2019. It took me 5 years before I finally won. The guys in my league quit playing once COVID hit in 2020. We did our drafts at a bar every year. It was wild. We would all meet up right before opening day. Have some beer and wings. We had some crap talkers with their laptops. It was hilarious.

• Like 1

I used to play in a league with 12 people from 2014-2019. It took me 5 years before I finally won. The guys in my league quit playing once COVID hit in 2020. We did our drafts at a bar every year. It was wild. We would all meet up right before opening day. Have some beer and wings. We had some crap talkers with their laptops. It was hilarious.

That's awesome! Sounds like a lot of fun!

I've been doing my league on ESPN for 6 years. Made the playoffs 5 out of 6 years, won twice. 3rd, 5th, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd in the past 6 years in that order. This will be year 7. Honestly still a blast to play every year. I always tell people in that league I use all my luck there as I always seem to avoid injuries. I'll get a ton in the Colts league and in daily fantasy, but in this league I always avoid the landmines lol! haha 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's awesome! Sounds like a lot of fun!

I've been doing my league on ESPN for 6 years. Made the playoffs 5 out of 6 years, won twice. 3rd, 5th, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd in the past 6 years in that order. This will be year 7. Honestly still a blast to play every year. I always tell people in that league I use all my luck there as I always seem to avoid injuries. I'll get a ton in the Colts league and in daily fantasy, but in this league I always avoid the landmines lol! haha 

Yeah my league was through Yahoo. That lineup I had in 2018 was brutal great. I drafted Luck on a gamble because of him coming off injury and Luck tore it up. Hopkins tore it up too.

• Like 1