Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Weekly NFL Picks, here it is again folks!


2006Coltsbestever

Recommended Posts

On 9/7/2023 at 1:44 AM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Undecided if ill participte this season but while here I'll put my Thursday pick in.

 

A toss up for me but I'll go with

Lions 26 ......Jake from State Farms Team 27 OT

 

Lost Thursdays game by 1 point :yuk:

 

Carolina 19 ...........  Atlanta 26

Houston 11 ........... Baltimore 29

Cincy       26 ..........  Brownies 27 OT

Jax          26...........  Colts 27 OT

Tampa     16 .......... Minny 23

Tenn         19 .........  N.O.  6

 SF             13.........   Pitt 15

 Arizona     9 .........   Wash 25

 GBay         11........   Bears  22

Raiders 17  ..............  Denver  23

Phinns      33..............Chargers 29

Philly.         17 ...............Belichek 16

Rams          23       ...............Seattle 25

Dallas         22 .............Giants 21 OT

Buffalo.        21 ............ Jets 27

 

 

 

BEST BETS:

Falcons

Ravens

Washington

Payton's Broncos

Phinns

Rogers Jets

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Cleveland beat Cincinnati. I called that one correctly.:D  Joe Burrow didn't play well. Maybe he was too busy counting his mega bucks. 


I called it too based on the fact they got Jim Schwartz at DC and it’s Watson’s true full off season with the Browns 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2023 at 9:50 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

$900 on the Lions. Nice win. I usually make 2 or 3 bets a week, usually $50 or $100 on a couple of games each week. Here, it is just picks without the spread (no money involved) and I have won the last 2 years but barely. There are many knowledgeable people in here. I am already 0-1, I had KC but I had the Lions making the SB before the season in the big picture. I just didn't see the KC losing their home opener. Great sign for the Lions and my NFC pick.

Yeah, I'm not usually a betting man. But I was pressured by family members to place bet Lions beat Chiefs. I was like okay, I will since Kelce is out. Even Kelce out I thought Chiefs was going to win, can't count Patrick out. Patrick wins without top WRs! lol That game had me nervous. It was a great game.

 

I play in 5 money fantasy football leagues each year. But that's about all the money I spend in sports. lol

I got NFL redzone this season from my winnings of Lions and Chiefs game. I actually like it with no commercials. haha

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, EasyE said:

Yeah, I'm not usually a betting man. But I was pressured by family members to place bet Lions beat Chiefs. I was like okay, I will since Kelce is out. Even Kelce out I thought Chiefs was going to win, can't count Patrick out. Patrick wins without top WRs! lol That game had me nervous. It was a great game.

 

I play in 5 money fantasy football leagues each year. But that's about all the money I spend in sports. lol

I got NFL redzone this season from my winnings of Lions and Chiefs game. I actually like it with no commercials. haha

I won $50 dollars today so far, I took the Browns over Bengals. I have $50 on the Cowboys tonight, at worse I break even now or I will be $100 ahead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I won $50 dollars today so far, I took the Browns over Bengals. I have $50 on the Cowboys tonight, at worse I break even now or I will be $100 ahead.

Nice! Nothing wrong with breaking even. I just hate losing money. lol I think you get the $100 so grab some beers and celebrate. haha. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, EasyE said:

@VikingsFanInChennai@NFLfan 

Two Vikings!! I am in the Colts forum right? haha

Just kidding. 

What are your thoughts of the Vikings? They are stacked on offense, do you think they were right letting Dalvin go?

 

 

When I first signed up here nine years ago, there were many more fans of other teams. There were many Patriots fans. They are all gone. They were here for a while. There used to be Texans fans, Seahawks fans, Broncos fans, some Bengals fans. For a while, I was the only Vikings fan. I like this site a lot. The fans are very knowledgeable. The draft/scouting/free agency section is full of great information, mostly during draft time. We hold live mock drafts. 

 

While this is the Colts site, this section where you are posting is the NFL section. There is a Colts section. Did you join your fellow fans in the Colts Game Day section. It has the weekly game thread. 

 

As for the Vikings, last year we were lucky to win at least half the games we won. If we play that way this year, we will be 4-13, not 13-4. We seemed to play better today but Kirk had two fumbles and an INT at key times that caused us to lose. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

When I first signed up here nine years ago, there were many more fans of other teams. There were many Patriots fans. They are all gone. They were here for a while. There used to be Texans fans, Seahawks fans, Broncos fans, some Bengals fans. For a while, I was the only Vikings fan. I like this site a lot. The fans are very knowledgeable. The draft/scouting/free agency section is full of great information, mostly during draft time. We hold live mock drafts. 

 

While this is the Colts site, this section where you are posting is the NFL section. There is a Colts section. Did you join your fellow fans in the Colts Game Day section. It has the weekly game thread. 

 

As for the Vikings, we were lucky to win at least half the games we won. If we play that way this year, we will be 4-13, not 13-4. We seemed to play better today but Kirk had two fumbles and an INT at key times that caused us to lose. 

In bold, Good! lol

I like Vikings and have relatives that are huge Viking fans. I hope you and @VikingsFanInChennai know I'm just playing around.

Wish Colts had the WRs Vikings have. Especially that JJ guy lol. 

 

Do you think Vikings missing Dalvin in lineup could be a concern? 

I know it's early and hard to say, what is your complaints of the team? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, EasyE said:

In bold, Good! lol

I like Vikings and have relatives that are huge Viking fans. I hope you and @VikingsFanInChennai know I'm just playing around.

Wish Colts had the WRs Vikings have. Especially that JJ guy lol. 

 

Do you think Vikings missing Dalvin in lineup could be a concern? 

I know it's early and hard to say, what is your complaints of the team? 

 

I like Dalvin Cook a lot and wanted to keep him. We had to let Cook, Thielen, and Kendricks go because of salary cap issues. I think our offense may not be as good without Cook. I like Mattison but he is not Cook. 

 

IMO, Kirk Cousins contributes to us not winning. For outsiders, he appears to play well because visually, the stats look good. But he is not a winner. Today, the way we were playing, we should have scored at least 28 points. He threw an INT in the red zone when we needed to score. He also had two fumbles in the first half. I think we were driving when he fumbled once. There is no reason why we did not win against a mediocre team like Tampa in front of our fans.  He just does not have that killer instinct. He plays it safe, making sure he does not get hurt. He ended the gave 34/44 for 344 yards, 2TD and 1 INT. He got a lot of those stats in the second half. Maybe @VikingsFanInChennai can better explain what I mean. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

I like Dalvin Cook a lot and wanted to keep him. We had to let Cook, Thielen, and Kendricks go because of salary cap issues. I think our offense may not be as good without Cook. I like Mattison but he is not Cook. 

 

IMO, Kirk Cousins contributes to us not winning. For outsiders, he appears to play well because visually, the stats look good. But he is not a winner. Today, the way we were playing, we should have scored at least 28 points. He threw an INT in the red zone when we needed to score. He also had two fumbles in the first half. I think we were driving when he fumbled once. There is no reason why we did not win against a mediocre team like Tampa in front of our fans.  He just does not have that killer instinct. He plays it safe, making sure he does not get hurt. He ended the gave 34/44 for 344 yards, 2TD and 1 INT. He got a lot of those stats in the second half. Maybe @VikingsFanInChennai can better explain what I mean. 

I think you explained well enough..

@EasyE

I don't like that they let Cook go. Only benefit of doubt I could've given the Vikings management about that decision is that the coach had plans to handle without Cook... But, that won't be the case. Opposing defenses have great coaches too, and only thing that stops those brilliant coaches on the field is your elite players being unstoppable force. Without Brady, Belichick wouldn't have been that unstoppable force either. 

 

Cook was one such, and you pay your drafted elite talent well until they fall off. Vikings fans were trying to comfort themselves saying Cook was falling off his peak form, that might have been true in very few games but still the worst game of Cook all these years were better than the run game Vikings had today! And, our coach had no clue. GM, as well, in letting Cook go. 

 

The rookie HC & GM seems to have patted themselves for winning 13 games in their first season, LOL, but they're only beginning to see what haunted Mike Zimmer and what would haunt them if Kirk starts to fumble and throw interceptions because the Vikings now really have to lean on passing game a lot... You can have JJ, Addison, TJ Hockensen and a bunch of other talents, but you need to have balanced offense to win games, especially when your QB will never be elite.

 

For this reason, I don't subscribe to the current RB market when they value down great RBs after 5 or 6 years. I'd rather pay them until they fall off their elite form, rather than let go and see them play well for someone else. RB market paying 10 million to Dalvin Cook was not a tough task for Vikings, IMO, they made the mistake and will pay for it this season when they easily could have been in position to win the division this year easily. Now they are not, they'll have to do really well in so many aspects to get a wild Card entry.

 

I don't think salary cap is reason for Vikings to let Cook go. They paid free agent TE2 Josh Oliver some great money (75% of what Cook got from Jets), and then they made TJ Hockensen the highest paid TE in the league. They could've easily managed the cap around to pay Cook for 3 more years at 10 million, and Dalvin Cook WANTED to stay in Minnesota. He loved the team that drafted him. And, he's heckuva good. No way any team can replace him with non-elite RBs, especially with Kirk at QB.

 

I hope they learn the lesson, but I don't think this GM and coach know very well what they're planning to do. To start with, their first and foremost job for Vikings is to draft a true franchise QB, even if it takes next 4 or 5 years! Let's see if they have a plan. Until then, we will be happy drafting around 10 - 25 draft spot, just like most years. 

 

By the way, @EasyE, do you like taking part in mock Draft by picking a team and go through draft process for 2 weeks, because that happens here every draft season, and that's what has drawn me to Colts forum, and then I learned to appreciate the discussions staying here. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Cleveland beat Cincinnati. I called that one correctly.:D  Joe Burrow didn't play well. Maybe he was too busy counting his mega bucks. 

Or Burrow is busy making bandage for the injury with the all the green paper he got :lol:

 

To be honest, Bengals play some really dud games once or twice, but they would pick themselves up soon with Burrow .. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2023 at 8:34 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My picks for week 1:

 

Lions 19 Chiefs 24

Panthers 23 Falcons 20 in OT

Bengals 20 Browns 21 - I smell an upset here, Burrow is questionable.

Jags 17 Colts 20 - another upset!

Bucs 20 Vikings 27

Titans 19 Saints 22

49ers 24 Steelers 20

Cards 13 Redskins 23

Texans 13 Ravens 31

Packers 20 Bears 24

Raiders 17 Broncos 19

Eagles 24 Pats 19

Dolphins 31 Chargers 30 (game of the week alert)

Rams 22 Seahawks 24

Cowboys 27 Giants 24

Bills 24 Jets 30 in OT

 

 

 

So far I am 8-7. I have the Jets tonight. As far gambling, I am 2-0. I had $50 on the Browns and took the 3.5 points, I had the Cowboys for $50 and gave up 2.5 points. I am $100 to the good so far in 2023. Other than the 2 money winners, my Dolphins pick over the Chargers was a beauty. I had 31-30, I almost nailed the score. Dolphins won 36-34.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2023 at 8:08 PM, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Here are my picks

 

Lions 19 Chiefs 31

Panthers 13 Falcons 20

Bengals 23 Browns 24

Jaguars 26 Colts 17 

Bucs 20  Vikings  23

Titans 19  Saints  27

49ers 15  Steelers  13

Cardinals  9  Commanders  14

Texans  9  Ravens  16

Packers  20  Bears  34

Raiders  18  Broncos  21

Eagles  20  Patriots  10

Dolphins  32  Chargers  29

Rams  12  Seahawks  17

Cowboys  26  Giants  22

Bills  31  Jets  24

 

 

I'm 10-5 thus far. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So far I am 8-7. I have the Jets tonight. As far gambling, I am 2-0. I had $50 on the Browns and took the 3.5 points, I had the Cowboys for $50 and gave up 2.5 points. I am $100 to the good so far in 2023. Other than the 2 money winners, my Dolphins pick over the Chargers was a beauty. I had 31-30, I almost nailed the score. Dolphins won 36-34.

 

In the picks I think I lost 7 or 8 games. 

In my Best Bets, which I take more seriously out of 6 picks I'm currently 4-1 and need Rogers tonight to go 5-1.

 

In the real world I made money on Phinns and Falcons and Ravens  but lost a little on Payton and small 4  team parlay. i had the other 3 in a 3 team parlay. Phinns was my Best Bet. 

I picked brownies over Cincy but didn't have guts to bet it. I like Burrows and was hoping they would win

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I'm 10-5 thus far. 

You got me by 1 game. You finished 10-6, I ended up 9-7. So far you have the lead by only 1 game. We will see how this week goes?

 

Last year I went 170-99-2-1 (63.2%). The 1 was the no contest (Bills at Bengals). That season had 2 ties. 272 games.

 

In 2021 I went 176-95-1 (64.9%). 2021 was a better year. I would like to top that this year. That season had 1 tie. 272 games.

 

9-7 so far (56.3%).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will have my picks shortly. I normally wait until Thursday to do them to see who may be injured, etc. but I want get these in. I already have an idea who I think will win or lose next week.

 

Vikings 17 Eagles 27

Packers 23 Falcons 26

Raiders 20 Bills 26

Ravens 24 Bengals 20 - I have them starting 0-2

Seahawks 21 Lions 23

Chargers 27 Titans 20

Bears 16 Bucs 19 in OT

Chiefs 28 Jags 27

Colts 24 Texans 17

49ers 24 Rams 23

Giants 19 Cards 14

Jets 17 Cowboys 31

Commanders 19 Broncos 20

Dolphins 30 Pats 24

Saints 20 Panthers 23

Browns 18 Steelers 24

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went 8-8 to start. That's fine I guess lol.

 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will have my picks shortly. I normally wait until Thursday to do them to see who may be injured, etc. but I want get these in. I already have an idea who I think will win or lose next week.

 

Vikings 17 Eagles 27

Packers 23 Falcons 26

Raiders 20 Bills 26

Ravens 24 Bengals 20 - I have them starting 0-2

Seahawks 21 Lions 23

Chargers 27 Titans 20

Bears 16 Bucs 19 in OT

Chiefs 28 Jags 27

Colts 24 Texans 17

49ers 24 Rams 23

Giants 19 Cards 14

Jets 17 Cowboys 31

Commanders 19 Broncos 20

Dolphins 30 Pats 24

Saints 20 Panthers 23

Browns 18 Steelers 24

 

 

Oh we keeping the same thread for all this years picks?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NFL WEEK 2 PICKS:

 

Vikings 24 Eagles 31

Packers 30 Falcons 24

Raiders 20 Bills 27

Ravens 23 Bengals 27 

Seahawks 20 Lions 31

Chargers 23 Titans 27

Bears 17 Bucs 24 

Chiefs 27 Jags 31

Colts 24 Texans 16

49ers 27 Rams 20

Giants 23 Cards 17

Jets 17 Cowboys 27

Commanders 16 Broncos 20

Dolphins 31 Pats 27

Saints 27 Panthers 13

Browns 27 Steelers 17

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2023 at 10:18 PM, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think you explained well enough..

@EasyE

I don't like that they let Cook go. Only benefit of doubt I could've given the Vikings management about that decision is that the coach had plans to handle without Cook... But, that won't be the case. Opposing defenses have great coaches too, and only thing that stops those brilliant coaches on the field is your elite players being unstoppable force. Without Brady, Belichick wouldn't have been that unstoppable force either. 

 

Cook was one such, and you pay your drafted elite talent well until they fall off. Vikings fans were trying to comfort themselves saying Cook was falling off his peak form, that might have been true in very few games but still the worst game of Cook all these years were better than the run game Vikings had today! And, our coach had no clue. GM, as well, in letting Cook go. 

 

The rookie HC & GM seems to have patted themselves for winning 13 games in their first season, LOL, but they're only beginning to see what haunted Mike Zimmer and what would haunt them if Kirk starts to fumble and throw interceptions because the Vikings now really have to lean on passing game a lot... You can have JJ, Addison, TJ Hockensen and a bunch of other talents, but you need to have balanced offense to win games, especially when your QB will never be elite.

 

For this reason, I don't subscribe to the current RB market when they value down great RBs after 5 or 6 years. I'd rather pay them until they fall off their elite form, rather than let go and see them play well for someone else. RB market paying 10 million to Dalvin Cook was not a tough task for Vikings, IMO, they made the mistake and will pay for it this season when they easily could have been in position to win the division this year easily. Now they are not, they'll have to do really well in so many aspects to get a wild Card entry.

 

I don't think salary cap is reason for Vikings to let Cook go. They paid free agent TE2 Josh Oliver some great money (75% of what Cook got from Jets), and then they made TJ Hockensen the highest paid TE in the league. They could've easily managed the cap around to pay Cook for 3 more years at 10 million, and Dalvin Cook WANTED to stay in Minnesota. He loved the team that drafted him. And, he's heckuva good. No way any team can replace him with non-elite RBs, especially with Kirk at QB.

 

I hope they learn the lesson, but I don't think this GM and coach know very well what they're planning to do. To start with, their first and foremost job for Vikings is to draft a true franchise QB, even if it takes next 4 or 5 years! Let's see if they have a plan. Until then, we will be happy drafting around 10 - 25 draft spot, just like most years. 

 

By the way, @EasyE, do you like taking part in mock Draft by picking a team and go through draft process for 2 weeks, because that happens here every draft season, and that's what has drawn me to Colts forum, and then I learned to appreciate the discussions staying here. 

Nah, I like Colts taking Garrett Wilson and Cooks for Minshew and JT... lmao  I like same day drafts snake go arounds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2023 at 6:13 PM, NFLfan said:

 

I like Dalvin Cook a lot and wanted to keep him. We had to let Cook, Thielen, and Kendricks go because of salary cap issues. I think our offense may not be as good without Cook. I like Mattison but he is not Cook. 

 

IMO, Kirk Cousins contributes to us not winning. For outsiders, he appears to play well because visually, the stats look good. But he is not a winner. Today, the way we were playing, we should have scored at least 28 points. He threw an INT in the red zone when we needed to score. He also had two fumbles in the first half. I think we were driving when he fumbled once. There is no reason why we did not win against a mediocre team like Tampa in front of our fans.  He just does not have that killer instinct. He plays it safe, making sure he does not get hurt. He ended the gave 34/44 for 344 yards, 2TD and 1 INT. He got a lot of those stats in the second half. Maybe @VikingsFanInChennai can better explain what I mean. 

How about Colts trade Minshew and JT to Jets for Cooks and Wilson? fair deal to me.. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2023 at 2:46 AM, EasyE said:

Here is my picks this week. I missed Thursday night but soon as I seen Kelce was out I put money on Lions to win and I won $900. I was sweating it though. That kid Mahomes is something else! 

 

 

Jaguars over Colts

Ravens over Texans

Bengals over Browns

Vikings over Bucs

Saints over Titans

Falcons over Panthers

Steelers over 49ners

Washington over Cardinals

Broncos over Raiders

Chargers over Dolphins

Patriots over Eagles

Bears over Packers

Rams over Seahawks

Cowboys over Giants

Jets over Bills

 

 

Also thank you @2006Coltsbestever for the welcome. I tried saying earlier but I'm on a snap count being a rookie to the forum and only allowed so many replies I guess. Lol I read the stipulations and I will be here each week participating. 

I think I'm 8-7 is that right? Keep laughing! 

boss satisfying GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2023 at 11:08 PM, coltsva said:

Week 1

 

Lions over Chiefs

49ers over Steelers

Vikings over Bucs

Bengals over Browns

Ravens over Texans

Falcons over Panthers

Commanders over Cardinals

Colts over Jags

Titans over Saints

Raiders over Broncos

Patriots over Eagles

Seahawks over Rams

Chargers over Dolphins

Packers over Bears

Cowboys over Giants

Bills over Jets

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8-8 

pretty yucky, but 1st week is always challenging.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, EasyE said:

@VikingsFanInChennai

Laugh now buddy I got this at end of season.. lmao

You went 9-7.. looks like you did little bit of reverse picking... Picking the underdogs, like Patriots, Steelers, and more. 

 

Last year, I was in 2 leagues and picked the opposite of what I selected in one another. In the end, what I carefully picked was correct in less than 20 at the end of the season compared to the league where I picked the exact opposite ..1 game result difference every week. 

 

It's all meaningless, in the end :D

 

waste of time no meaning GIF

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

You went 9-7.. looks like you did little bit of reverse picking... Picking the underdogs, like Patriots, Steelers, and more. 

 

Last year, I was in 2 leagues and picked the opposite of what I selected in one another. In the end, what I carefully picked was correct in less than 20 at the end of the season compared to the league where I picked the exact opposite ..1 game result difference every week. 

 

It's all meaningless, in the end :D

 

waste of time no meaning GIF

Glad your counting. Crown Royal said different.. lmao

I will pick smarter after about week 2... lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2023 at 2:46 AM, EasyE said:

Here is my picks this week. I missed Thursday night but soon as I seen Kelce was out I put money on Lions to win and I won $900. I was sweating it though. That kid Mahomes is something else! 

 

 

Jaguars over Colts

Ravens over Texans

Bengals over Browns

Vikings over Bucs

Saints over Titans

Falcons over Panthers

Steelers over 49ners

Washington over Cardinals

Broncos over Raiders

Chargers over Dolphins

Patriots over Eagles

Bears over Packers

Rams over Seahawks

Cowboys over Giants

Jets over Bills

 

 

Also thank you @2006Coltsbestever for the welcome. I tried saying earlier but I'm on a snap count being a rookie to the forum and only allowed so many replies I guess. Lol I read the stipulations and I will be here each week participating. 

Yep 7-8.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I just thought I would take this opportunity to brag a bit about the fact that I had the opportunity to chat with Peyton at the Masters last week for about 5 minutes.  Truly a bucket list experience and I must say, he has the Southern Hospitality that one might expect but wow- did not expect to run into him and it was quite the experience.  It just had to be the one place left on earth where cell phones are banned, so no picture opportunity unfortunately.   I told Peyton that my first Colts experience was riding to Buffalo in a blizzard when the Colts were 14-0 and they benched him only to lose that game. I said thanks for my first Colts experience being one where he was riding the pine.  He laughed, apologized to me and said that if it was up to him he would have been checking down in that snow storm for 4 quarters.  He thanked me for the support, and was asking me a bit about myself, where I am from, etc.  Quite the gentleman! I think it was obligatory for him to be nice to patrons while he was wearing his Green Jacket, but none the less....a great experience meeting a childhood hero. Lynn Swann walked up to us while we were talking and shook Peyton's hand.  I joked that now was the perfect time for a 10 yard slant- and then slid into the bushes like Homer Simpson with humility.    Unforgettable experience everyone!   Would love to hear some of your Peyton stories from over the years, since it is a bit of a slow time of year before the draft! Let it fly Colts fans  
    • I agree.  I think this is another one of those over-hyped QB classes that will probably never perform to the level of the hype. But -- teams still need a quarterback.  And will convince themselves that that must take one of these quarterbacks.  That it's the only solution to their problem.  If I was forced to choose, I would probably go with Heisman winner Jayden Daniels.  I'm concerned that Caleb Williams may have some personality issues to go with his lack of measurables, even though he shows strong ability to improvise.  Drake Maye has the measurables, but I have questions regarding the level of opposition playing at UNC.  It's not the same as playing the equivalent of the Crimson Tide every single week.  JJ McCarthy is "good".  And he's been successful.  He led his team to a BCS championship.  And?  I see him in the same mold as AJ McCarron.  Supremely successful in college, but not good enough to be The Guy in the pros.
    • Right. KC was also a perennial playoff team prior to Mahomes taking over. The Colts are a fringe playoff team at best, until we see if AR can lift the roster.    And to your point, Veach took over the summer before Mahomes’ rookie year. Hard to compare how KC’s FO approach with Dorsey at GM (for several years) vs. when Veach took over. It seems like Ballard has been more like Dorsey and Veach might just operate differently from both of them.    If Ballard wanted to follow the Veach KC model, he sure waited a long time to do it once Luck retired. 
    • DeFo was an aggressive move.   But I wouldn’t classify Wentz or Ryan as aggressive moves. Getting Stafford would have been an aggressive move at QB. Wentz was cheaper and PHI was looking to dump him. They didn’t even budge from their initial offer to PHI  And Ryan sort of fell in their laps after they dumped Wentz. 
    • I think most important option is missing in the poll : No One.   I think it's a fairly average QB class that it's okay to not like anybody enough to draft him. There's no one QB that Wows you with their pocket passing Caliber or pure athletic traits or good combination of both. It's like a tweener class of all those abilities, having lop-sided combination of above said skills.    And, this poll, rather than forcing to pick one QB, needed that extra option to express staying away from this QB class. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...