Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Weekly NFL Picks, here it is again folks!

2006Coltsbestever

So far after going back, I have totaled up some records in here for week 1 to make it easier on everyone.

VikingsFan 10-6

Wr87 10-6

2006 9-7

Jared 9-7

Easy 8-7

Chad 8-8

Chrisaaron1023 8-8

LJPalm 8-8

Coltsva 8-8

RollerColt 7-9

NFLFan 7-9

There a few I may be leaving out. After week 2 we will make separate weekly threads. Any discrepancies let me know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Chrisaaron1023after we pick this week, if you want to start new threads and label them, that may be better. Some have already put their picks in here for week 2. Thanks.

Ahh okay I had no problem either way.. but as I'm thinking about it, I may just start the thread now for week 2. I think it'll make it easier to keep track of records. 

Maybe we can copy and paste week 2 picks made here?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Ahh okay I had no problem either way.. but as I'm thinking about it, I may just start the thread now for week 2. I think it'll make it easier to keep track of records. 

That works better. I suggest putting the Week # in the title.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Yeah that would work better. I will just put my  week 2 picks on the new thread. I had to sift through a lot of posts to tally the records. Thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So far after going back, I have totaled up some records in here for week 1 to make it easier on everyone.

VikingsFan 10-6

Wr87 10-6

2006 9-7

Jared 9-7

Easy 8-7

Chad 8-8

Chrisaaron1023 8-8

LJPalm 8-8

Coltsva 8-8

RollerColt 7-9

NFLFan 7-9

There a few I may be leaving out. After week 2 we will make separate weekly threads. Any discrepancies let me know.

I forgot @Moe, lol, he went 10-6 episode 15 GIF

Look for a new pick thread every week. It will make it easier to keep track of things, thanks. Moe, @w87r, and @VikingsFanInChennaiall went 10-6, @Jared Cisnerosand I went 9-7. See above.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I forgot @Moe, lol, he went 10-6 episode 15 GIF

Look for a new pick thread every week. It will make it easier to keep track of things, thanks. Moe, @w87r, and @VikingsFanInChennaiall went 10-6, @Jared Cisnerosand I went 9-7. See above.

But Moe picked Lions to win after the game was over?

Surely that doesn't count? That should just be a 0-1, forfeit selection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

But Moe picked Lions to win after the game was over?

Surely that doesn't count? That should just be a 0-1, forfeit selection.

Oh I didn't realize that. If that is the case since he didn't pick the game before hand, it would just go as a missed pick. So he would be 9-6. We often have people miss a few of the Thursday night games because they get busy doing something and forget. Technically then your record should better and be 10-5 eventhough you admitted you would have took KC, I wasn't thinking - I was tired this morning. It was cool you were honest about it but that loss doesn't count so take that loss off the board. That is the way we have done it the last 2 years. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh I didn't realize that. If that is the case since he didn't pick the game before hand, it would just go as a missed pick. So he would be 9-6. We often have people miss a few the Thursday night games because they get busy doing something and forget. Technically then your record should better and be 10-5 eventhough you admitted you would have took KC, I wasn't thinking - I was tired this morning. It was cool you were honest about it but that loss doesn't count so take that loss off the board. That is the way we have done it the last 2 years. 

IDK?

It's all good either way, I just think it should count as a missed pick(wrong pick). You get a better winning percentage by missing the game, that way.

10/15 - 66.6%

10/16 - 62.5%

9/15 - 60%

9/16 - 56.25%

So in essence all the people that got picks in on time, have an unnecessary disadvantage. 

Like I said though, either way, it's not that big of a deal.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Moe's Thursday pick is time stamped on Friday. I didn't catch that, nice catch. 

I just knew it was after mine and I was late.

Also LJ missed that pick, so if you do add in a loss, they would need one too.

EDIT: LJ actually listed his Thursday pick separately from Sunday games and I think you have it accounted for.

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

I just knew it was after mine and I was late.

Also LJ missed that pick, so if you do add in a loss, they would need one too.

Lets do it your way and just count it as a loss if the pick is not in time because you are right about %. That does make more sense. LJ would be 7-9 then, you 10-6, Moe 9-7. Doing it that way though will really mess someone's % up bad if they miss a full week for some reason. That would be an 0-16 week for them. That is why in the past we have allowed someone to miss up to 3 weeks because of circumstances. If they miss more than 3 weeks than they would be disqualified. That is when their % comes in at the end if they do miss a week or 2 or a game or 2. I do like your idea though.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets do it your way and just count it as a loss if the pick is not in time because you are right about %. That does make more sense. LJ would be 7-9 then, you 10-6, Moe 9-7. Doing it that way though will really mess someone's % up bad if they miss a full week for some reason. That would be an 0-16 week for them. That is why in the past we have allowed someone to miss up to 3 weeks because of circumstances. If they miss more than 3 weeks than they would be disqualified. That is when their % comes in at the end if they do miss a week or 2 or a game or 2. I do like your idea though.

LJ actually did make that pick, just separate from Sunday games. On time though.

Easy would probably need another loss and anyone else that didn't tally up to 16.

Like I said not a big deal either way. Just an observation.

As far as the 3 week thing? I'm on the fence, because if you miss 3 weeks, then you shouldn't even be in it, or qualify to win. Lol, but if you happen to miss a week and it counts 0-16, then you might just stop doing it. Although I don't think most people do it to say they won.

So who knows, I'm good with whatever you decide 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

LJ actually did make that pick, just separate from Sunday games. On time though.

Easy would probably need another loss and anyone else that digitally up to 16.

Like I said not a big deal either way. Just an observation.

As far as the 3 week thing? I'm on the fence, because if you miss 3 weeks, then you shouldn't even be in it, or qualify to win. Lol, but if you happen to miss a week and it counts 0-16, then you might just stop doing it. Although I don't think most people do it to say they won.

So who knows, I'm good with whatever you decide 

Lets just do it your way because most of us are just picking for fun anyway, and it is fun when you have the best record for 1 week. Chrisaaron, RollarColt, and I just had a bit of a fun rivalry going the last 2 years and it was close at the end. Had one of us missed just 1 week, our % would have tanked. It is all in fun anyway, whenever I boast at times it is really just in fun to get the others motivated to pick. If I lost, it wouldn't be the end of the world. It is not like we have money on the line :thmup:. I just think it is cool so many people are picking and having fun with it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

VikingsFan 10-6

Wr87 10-6

2006 9-7

Jared 9-7

Easy 8-7

Chad 8-8

Chrisaaron1023 8-8

LJPalm 8-8

Coltsva 8-8

RollerColt 7-9

NFLFan 7-9

Here was the list I had this morning. 

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

VikingsFan 10-6

Wr87 10-6

2006 9-7

Jared 9-7

Moe 9-7

Easy 8-8

Chad 8-8

Chrisaaron1023 8-8

LJPalm 8-8

Coltsva 8-8

RollerColt 7-9

NFLFan 7-9

Not sure if there is more, but this is combination of the list. Updated.

Thanks for your suggestions and help. We have never had this many people pick before lmao . Usually, it is just around 4 or 5 that have consistently done it. Your standings look correct.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

VikingsFan 10-6

Wr87 10-6

2006 9-7

Jared 9-7

Easy 8-7

Chad 8-8

Chrisaaron1023 8-8

LJPalm 8-8

Coltsva 8-8

RollerColt 7-9

NFLFan 7-9

I usually make my Thursday pick separate from the rest but before Thursday's post time.

....and what about me going 5-1 in my Best Bets??? No brownie points for that??? :funny:

• Like 1