Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Eagles post game thread

GoColts8818

5 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Oh, wow. You are right. bum is not correct. He's not a bum, he's a BUM. That's better. Needed more emphasis, thanks for correcting me... :lol:

go ahead and call the young man “trash” and “garbage” while you’re at it.  I’m sure you would say it to him in person - given the chance.

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Many here have mentioned upgrading or improving the WR corp. Is there a player that you expect to become available that you hope the Colts will sign?

Justin Jefferson is FA next year right?

I'm voting him.

Just now, NFLfan said:

He is supposed to become a free agent in 2025, as we exercised his 5th-year option. I expect him to be extended.

gene snitsky no GIF by WWE

I’m picking first in my fantasy league tonight. And Justin is going to be my pick. He’s all mine!! Mwuhahahahaha!

Season 3 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 2

Just now, Dingus McGirt said:

Watching the video of all Richardson's snaps from yesterday - my reaction is "wow, he plays so fast.  Plays don't seem to have time to really develop before he either cuts a pass loose or takes off."

Yep. Very much a natural response for a rookie in the NFL. Once the game slows down for him it’ll get better. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stitches said:

I'm just watching the game. Some observations:

- This stat line for Richardson is very misleading. I though he had a solid half of football and once again... he didn't get helped by his teammates at all. There wasn't as egregious of a drop as last week, but there were multiple balls where you would expect an NFL receiver to catch the ball and our receivers didn't. Feels like Pittman is the only truly reliable target for Richardson right now. 

The receivers weren’t great, not trying to debate that.

But he didn’t help them his fair share as well. Granson definitely helped him out. That ball he caught at his ankles was a really good catch. It was hard and low and didn’t need to be.

I’m definitely excited about his potential. Strictly referring to his passing ability…does he have the widest gap from ceiling to floor ever? When it’s good…it’s really good. When it’s off…it’s way off.

His deep ball is absolutely beautiful and it’s refreshing to see a QB who can make those throws after the last few we had. If he gets his mechanics straightened out, watch out.

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

JMV just hinted on the radio Jalani Woods is not taking things very serious.  Mentioned from what he had been told. Kind of weird.

What does that mean? I mean we haven't seen him at all this offseason due to some wierd lingering hamstring issue. What else is going on?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

What does that mean? I mean we haven't seen him at all this offseason due to some wierd lingering hamstring issue. What else is going on?

If anything it seems as if he probably rushed back.

Hurt hamstring in May 25th(don't quite me on that).

Then again July 31st.

Hamstrings do longer.

We are about 4 weeks from last hammy, hopefully couple more weeks and he will be good to go for the start of regular season. After getting some practice and conditioning in.

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Many here have mentioned upgrading or improving the WR corp. Is there a player that you expect to become available that you hope the Colts will sign?

I’m hoping we snag someone in the draft.  Want to avoid signing a big name wide receiver.  Need a couple more pieces in place before we start spending big money.  I think down the line when/if we have that foundation we can spend the money in FA.  Best case scenario for me is get either MHJ or Egbuka in the draft and then sign someone in about 2 years.  That probably means MPJ won’t be here but honestly, he’s not a number one to me.  Great number two but not a game breaking number one.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Not sure. I mean he is injured. But not sure if he isn’t working hard to get back from injury. Sure sounded like something he has been told. Maybe I can post the clip when the podcast is up and see what you all think.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Indeee said:

**This** These WRs going back to last year very rarely get separation and that's a huge issue. WRs blow, especially Pierce.

i agree 100 percent both pittman and pierce get very little separation .   both are great at high pointing the ball on deep contested catches but we need to be more explosive .  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Richardson scoring on 3-4 drives and only going 6-17 shows how valuable a play making QB can be. If a pocket passer went 6/17 it would have been bad.

And this is why he’s the best starting option for this team.  He has that big play talent even if it’s not refined yet.  Minshew is a check down artist, we know where that is going to take us.  Stacked boxes, blitzes, etc.  but AR, he can get yards with his arm or legs and can throw the ball deep.  AR makes our offense more dynamic while minshew makes it pedestrian.  with AR, it won’t look pretty, but when/if he starts creeping up on his ceiling, it’s going to be something the NFL hasn’t seen.

• Like 1

Just now, smittywerb said:

And this is why he’s the best starting option for this team.  He has that big play talent even if it’s not refined yet.  Minshew is a check down artist, we know where that is going to take us.  Stacked boxes, blitzes, etc.  but AR, he can get yards with his arm or legs and can throw the ball deep.  AR makes our offense more dynamic while minshew makes it pedestrian.  with AR, it won’t look pretty, but when/if he starts creeping up on his ceiling, it’s going to be something the NFL hasn’t seen.

One of the things that bugs me with a pocket passer is execution has to be perfect or the play fails. With a playmaker like Richardson that isn’t the case. The play is never dead.

I am pleasantly surprised how good his pocket awareness and pocket movement is. I know everyone said it was all over his college tape and they were right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Btown_Colt said:

The receivers weren’t great, not trying to debate that.

But he didn’t help them his fair share as well. Granson definitely helped him out. That ball he caught at his ankles was a really good catch. It was hard and low and didn’t need to be.

I’m definitely excited about his potential. Strictly referring to his passing ability…does he have the widest gap from ceiling to floor ever? When it’s good…it’s really good. When it’s off…it’s way off.

His deep ball is absolutely beautiful and it’s refreshing to see a QB who can make those throws after the last few we had. If he gets his mechanics straightened out, watch out.

From what I saw, that low throw to Granson looked to be on purpose.  The defender was flying in could have either intercepted or batted away the pass.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He also has good decision making. I don’t think he will throw a lot of interceptions.

I’m honestly wondering if that really high throw over Pittman during the first possession was on purpose so 11 wouldn’t get rocked. 

8 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

From what I saw, that low throw to Granson looked to be on purpose.  The defender was flying in could have either intercepted or batted away the pass.

Interesting. That’s not what I recalled but I’m going to go back and take a look. I hope you’re right!

30 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

One of the things that bugs me with a pocket passer is execution has to be perfect or the play fails. With a playmaker like Richardson that isn’t the case. The play is never dead.

I am pleasantly surprised how good his pocket awareness and pocket movement is. I know everyone said it was all over his college tape and they were right.

I think the shortcomings of AR were overblown.  The realest one is his accuracy but it isn’t terrible, it just needs work.  In college, AR always had good pocket presence and made the right throws on a consistent basis.  I’m happy because it allowed us to get him.  Their loss.

58 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

Okay, I watched it a couple more times. I dunno, I’m not gonna split hairs on this one throw. It wasn’t really the point of my post…which is that it was still took a great catch. 

I agree you don’t want to throw the ball to the defender side of Granson, but I still feel he could have hit him waist-chest high on the free side. This still would be in a place the defender couldn’t get to it, but allow an easier catch by the receiver. 

I don’t want this to come across as me being negative regarding AR. I’m not, he has shown a lot of good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smittywerb said:

I’m hoping we snag someone in the draft.  Want to avoid signing a big name wide receiver.  Need a couple more pieces in place before we start spending big money.  I think down the line when/if we have that foundation we can spend the money in FA.  Best case scenario for me is get either MHJ or Egbuka in the draft and then sign someone in about 2 years.  That probably means MPJ won’t be here but honestly, he’s not a number one to me.  Great number two but not a game breaking number one.

Sounds like a good plan. Build through the draft until you need just a few more reinforcements to make it a championship team.

If the Colts win too many games this year, there may not be the draft capital to grab Marvin Harrison Jr. Are you guys willing to lose (or tank) for Marvin?

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Sounds like a good plan. Build through the draft until you need just a few more reinforcements to make it a championship team.

If the Colts win too many games this year, there may not be the draft capital to grab Marvin Harrison Jr. Are you guys willing to lose (or tank) for Marvin?

From a team building need, I’d want us to tank lol

but from a fan POV, I’d want us to play our best football.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Under no circumstances would I want the Colts to tank. These players are paid alot of money to play their absolute best.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

The only circumstance where I would want a team to truly tank is if you are in dire need of a franchise QB and you believe strongly in one of those that you can realistically get in the upcoming draft. Like somebody projected to go in the top-top of that draft.

I wanted the Colts to tank like crazy ever since Luck quit on the team. Yes, I’m dead serious about that. 

• Like 1