Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor - Excused Absence from Training Camp

sb41champs

If JT is still hurt, there is cause for concern as he is well past the point of being fully healthy. 

if JT isn’t hurt, and is playing the PUP list to his favor, there is also cause for concern. 

both are legitimate concerns as to why you wouldn’t want to extend said player.

JT wants to be paid for 2 seasons ago. Not what he’s bringing this year, as he is still not healthy (officially). He is being paid for his presence on the team already. Everyone else has played through their rookie deals without asking to be paid more for their best season. I don’t know about you, but I noticed every back including JT (even when healthy), struggled behind last years offensive line woes. Let’s not forget he fumbled the ball a few times in dire situations.

JT got drafted into the best oline in football, and wants credit for what the best oline in football helped him achieve. But why mention that? 

19 hours ago, Peter Nova said:

I'm sure you could do your own research, but ask yourself, a guy who has averaged about 10 sacks a year is headed to his 6th team in 8 seasons. No, he's not a drug abuser, beats or assaults anyone, but he has been difficult to deal with on multiple teams. I've read articles in the past from his time with the Jags, Vikings and Ravens. It is what it is. 

please stop the nonsense! there has been only one issue and that is he wants to be paid but plays no run defense. that ain't a character issue! #itaintgoodtolieonfolks

22 minutes ago, krunk said:

please stop the nonsense! there has been only one issue and that is he wants to be paid but plays no run defense. that ain't a character issue! #itaintgoodtolieonfolks

I guess we can agree to disagree. Is there anything you don't get angry about on the forum? #noonesliononfolks!

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Maybe not the only issue. 

https://ebonybird.com/2020/04/20/yannick-ngakoue-headache-not-worth-ravens-time/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/04/08/yannick-ngakoue-takes-shots-at-jaguars-in-hopes-of-trade/amp/

18 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

That's not a character issue. That's a man being tired of the Circus the Jaguars were. 

"I really want to be part of a team that has great culture and winning is a habit,” he said on ESPN. “I don’t want to be part of a team that losing is a norm or anything of that nature."

What success minded player would want to be on a team that was comfortable losing?

I have no problem that he spoke out. He wasn't a headache in Indy at all. That's not why we let him go.

5 hours ago, krunk said:

That's not a character issue. That's a man being tired of the Circus the Jaguars were. 

"I really want to be part of a team that has great culture and winning is a habit,” he said on ESPN. “I don’t want to be part of a team that losing is a norm or anything of that nature."

What success minded player would want to be on a team that was comfortable losing?

I have no problem that he spoke out. He wasn't a headache in Indy at all. That's not why we let him go.

But you said that his run defense was the only issue anywhere he's been and that doesn't seem to necessarily be the case. Like him going after his team's owner on Twitter, for instance. And here you are throwing around exclamation points and calling other people's viewpoints "nonsense." I don't really care about this question one way or the other because the guy is no longer a Colt and that's fine with me, but you should lighten up.

Listened to Lombardi's podcast, and at the end of the podcast, he talked bout Taylor. He felt that because of Taylor moping around the field, the Colts sent him packing, so his attitude didn't poison the young team. The organization was sending a message by not having him around the team. I totally agree if that's what really happened. Steichen trying to build a program and it served nothing having Taylor around the field.

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen said he expects Taylor back at training camp next week. No word if he will practice.

I think this situation smells a lot like Wentz and may have the same outcome. We know that Wetnz, if we read the tea leaves, really got under Irsay's skin. Like I said, never pick a fight with a billionaire as u will never win. Do u jonestly think Irsay is going to re-sign this guy? I think he is done. I think Taylor moping around thr field really turns Irsay off. I think there are things he will forgive. Moping around and acting like a child is something that he won't.

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think this situation smells a lot like Wentz and may have the same outcome. We know that Wetnz, if we read the tea leaves, really got under Irsay's skin. Like I said, never pick a fight with a billionaire as u will never win. Do u jonestly think Irsay is going to re-sign this guy? I think he is done. I think Taylor moping around thr field really turns Irsay off. I think there are things he will forgive. Moping around and acting like a child is something that he won't.

Project much? 

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen said he expects Taylor back at training camp next week. No word if he will practice.

Did Steichen mention whether JT’s famous hoodie will be back next week with him? It must be cold at training camp.

Every time I hear about this clown show I can’t help wonder how an old school “my way or the highway” coach  like Belichick would handle this show. I’m guessing JT would have been an ex-Colt several weeks ago.

On 8/8/2023 at 6:00 PM, ProblChld32 said:

A rookie QB, our best offensive weapon (JT) potentially not playing this season. An inexperienced secondary. Is a recipe for a top 5 pick season. 

Unfortunately the ODDs say that you are correct

Marvin Harrison....... COME ON DOWN!!!

1 hour ago, azcolt said:

Every time I hear about this clown show I can’t help wonder how an old school “my way or the highway” coach  like Belichick would handle this show. I’m guessing JT would have been an ex-Colt several weeks ago.

https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-give-matthew-judon-12m-bump-in-guaranteed-money-after-pro-bowlers-hold-in-225459232.html

Maybe they just would have given him an extra $12m...

Just now, csmopar said:

BFunniest thing is a guy wearing a Taylor jersey with tape over his name saying “Dont be a traitor” here in line at training camp

Csmopar looking over notes:

Confused Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

"Did I already mention this?"

Yes, yes you did, but we appreciated your observations today.

So it's ok

Paul Rudd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

25 minutes ago, w87r said:

Csmopar looking over notes:

Confused Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

"Did I already mention this?"

Yes, yes you did, but we appreciated your observations today.

So it's ok

Paul Rudd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I don’t know why that reposted. I was trying to hit clear and then it wouldn’t let me delete . But oh well. 

and yes, I took lots of notes. Haha

On 8/9/2023 at 10:22 AM, jvan1973 said:

What are the knocks on Yannick?

On 8/9/2023 at 10:53 AM, krunk said:

Tell us what Yannick did bc I've never heard of it. I'm rejecting anything that begins with the words "Well the word on him is".

Nothing. I read where the poster mentioned Yannick having been with the Vikings, insinuating that he may have had issues with the team. Yannick had no off-the-field issues or locker room problems with the Vikings. The Vikings traded for him, with one year left on his contract, as the Vikings believed they were contenders and wanted to strengthen the defense. They traded him mid-year when they realized they were not making the playoffs. It made no sense to keep Yannick when he would leave at the end of the season and the Vikings would get nothing for him. The Vikes traded him to recoup some of what they gave up. 

There are many reasons why players move from team to team.

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Wonder what this is about.

It won’t let me upload the screenshot so I will just post from twitter. JT IG story.

If JT comes out of this weekend with a new deal and is all a sudden healthy to practice, I would lose my mind lol.  There would be so many thoughts running through my mind, good and bad😂

10 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

If JT comes out of this weekend with a new deal and is all a sudden healthy to practice, I would lose my mind lol.  There would be so many thoughts running through my mind, good and bad😂

I have never seen Chloe's twitter page before. She is Feisty Chloe, cussing Chloe at times on her page. Great stuff! chuckling homer simpson GIF

On 8/8/2023 at 3:18 PM, azcolt said:

It didn’t make sense to have a pouty guy with a hoodie tucked around his face on the practice field. If there is a silver lining, it is that a team which figured to have a losing season anyway may now be a candidate for the #1 pick next year. Caleb Williams will be there to draft or trade for a king’s ransom.

I see no silver lining in sitting through another losing season.  

7 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have never seen Chloe's twitter page before. She is Feisty Chloe, cussing Chloe at times on her page. Great stuff! chuckling homer simpson GIF

I have calmed down a ton from 2021. Lol 

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Nothing. I read where the poster mentioned Yannick having been with the Vikings, insinuating that he may have had issues with the team. Yannick had no off-the-field issues or locker room problems with the Vikings. The Vikings traded for him, with one year left on his contract, as the Vikings believed they were contenders and wanted to strengthen the defense. They traded him mid-year when they realized they were not making the playoffs. It made no sense to keep Yannick when he would leave at the end of the season and the Vikings would get nothing for him. The Vikes traded him to recoup some of what they gave up. 

There are many reasons why players move from team to team.

No surprise here!

Archived