Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 9 8/8

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Who knows? Nobody does in reality. I remember I broke my growth plate in my ankle when I was 17 playing basketball after X-Rays showed it. I was in a cast for 2 months and was 100% fine after 3 months. Could jump and cut because I played a lot of basketball then, and run as normal as ever, no surgery, nothing. So not sure what is going on there with his ankle, hard to imagine his injury could be worse than what mine was though. I broke a growth plate and my ankle swelled up like a Balloon after it happened. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who knows? Nobody does in reality. I remember I broke my growth plate in my ankle when I was 17 playing basketball after X-Rays showed it. I was in a cast for 2 months and was 100% fine after 3 months. Could jump and cut because I played a lot of basketball then, and run as normal as ever, no surgery, nothing. So not sure what is going on there with his ankle, hard to imagine his injury could be worse than what mine was though. I broke a growth plate and my ankle swelled up like a Balloon after it happened. 

It is all fishy. Someone isn’t telling the truth. You don’t request a trade or request a contract extension if your ankle is still bad. Hard to believe the colts aren’t lying here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You don’t request a trade or contract extension if his ankle is still bad. I don’t understand why colts continue to just make up stories about injuries.

Sounds like a rookie doing rookie things to me. 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You don’t request a trade or contract extension if his ankle is still bad. I don’t understand why colts continue to just make up stories about injuries.

He will have his ups and downs. I am looking forward to Saturday, that will be interesting. I hope he plays at least a whole half.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He will have his ups and downs. I am looking forward to Saturday, that will be interesting. I hope he plays at least a whole half.

I hope I can avoid spoilers and watch the game on replay Sunday. Really excited to see AR. 

1 minute ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Anyone else having issues with the forum crashing on page 1 of this discussion thread?  

It’s been a little unstable for me the last few days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Please give us the inside scoop?

20 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I hope I can avoid spoilers and watch the game on replay Sunday. Really excited to see AR. 

Yeah, me too.  I’m going to try to avoid going to nfl sites by habit until I can get to the 7am Sun. NFL Network replay.  Probably have to be after church…

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don't follow. How are you reaching the conclusion that the Colts are making up stories about injuries?

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't follow. How are you reaching the conclusion that the Colts are making up stories about injuries?

I don't want to believe that, and am leaning on that JT was trying to cash while unsure of his health. He probably felt like he already deserved more than what he has been paid for what he's done so far. Scared he might not get the pay he expected if he couldn't get out there and prove his health. 

3 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I don't want to believe that, and am leaning on that JT was trying to cash while unsure of his health. He probably felt like he already deserved more than what he has been paid for what he's done so far. Scared he might not get the pay he expected if he couldn't get out there and prove his health. 

This very well could be. Maybe he knew his ankle wasn’t right and was trying to get the money fast. We will see.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This guy uses the term "erratic" to describe AR's 7-on-7 play and also says he went 4/5 with an INT. But then says it was by no means a "bad" day haha.

I guess this is about as close to being critical of AR as Colts Twitter gets.

3 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

This guy uses the term "erratic" to describe AR's 7-on-7 play and also says he went 4/5 with an INT. But then says it was by no means a "bad" day haha.

I guess this is about as close to being critical of AR as Colts Twitter gets.

Don't scare the shareholders.

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

It's kind of the under reported element in all of this. What's actually up with his ankle? If not for the contract dispute, it would be very concerning that he's still not ready to practice after six months, when the usual recover time after his procedure is (presumably) 4-6 weeks. The team thought he was/should be ready at the start of camp, then he gets put on PUP. 

I've been assuming all along that this is part of his strategy to avoid being fined for not practicing. That could still be true.

But let's just say that he's starting to accept that his best move is to have a great season, and either the Colts start negotiating during the season, or it strengthens his value going into free agency. He could now be doing whatever he can to make sure his ankle is ready to go. And again, that's concerning, because he should have been ready by now. So is there something unusual happening with the ankle? And is that why he didn't want to come in for a physical before camp?

This makes me respect the Colts approach even more. Can't sign a RB to a big, second contract when you don't even have evidence that he's healthy. Just something else that makes me question what Taylor and his side have been doing all offseason. 

This whole yo-yoing between "is the team lying or is the player lying" is annoying as all get... It'd be nice for someone to step up and clarify things a bit.  

Feels like the team is being as coy as possible about the whole situation and leaving it up to JT to speak out. Honestly from 10,000 feet above it seems like the team is being as cordial to him as they can about this whole situation. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

This whole yo-yoing between "is the team lying or is the player lying" is annoying as all get... It'd be nice for someone to step up and clarify things a bit.  

Feels like the team is being as coy as possible about the whole situation and leaving it up to JT to speak out. Honestly from 10,000 feet above it seems like the team is being as cordial to him as they can about this whole situation. 

I think Steichen is being diplomatic. I don't know what they know, but if the team thinks JT is playing games, Steichen is treading very carefully with his remarks. And that's a good thing. There's nothing to be gained by saying anything that could be perceived as pressuring JT to get on the field, whether he's physically ready or not.

I don't understand why anyone would be thinking the team is lying about any of this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This very well could be. Maybe he knew his ankle wasn’t right and was trying to get the money fast. We will see.

But you just said 

"You don’t request a trade or contract extension if his ankle is still bad. I don’t understand why colts continue to just make up stories about injuries."

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Says who?  You?  Well..... I say you can request a trade or extension whenever you want! Lol..... Might not get it. ..( just like JT hasn't). But manufacturing conspiracy theories is a bit of a leap to a conclusion ..... LIKE SAND THROUGH THE HOURGLASS..... THESE ARE THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES!!!!

1 hour ago, Superman said:

It's kind of the under reported element in all of this. What's actually up with his ankle? If not for the contract dispute, it would be very concerning that he's still not ready to practice after six months, when the usual recover time after his procedure is (presumably) 4-6 weeks. The team thought he was/should be ready at the start of camp, then he gets put on PUP. 

I've been assuming all along that this is part of his strategy to avoid being fined for not practicing. That could still be true.

But let's just say that he's starting to accept that his best move is to have a great season, and either the Colts start negotiating during the season, or it strengthens his value going into free agency. He could now be doing whatever he can to make sure his ankle is ready to go. And again, that's concerning, because he should have been ready by now. So is there something unusual happening with the ankle? And is that why he didn't want to come in for a physical before camp?

This makes me respect the Colts approach even more. Can't sign a RB to a big, second contract when you don't even have evidence that he's healthy. Just something else that makes me question what Taylor and his side have been doing all offseason. 

Agreed he is a very intelligent person. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't come to the conclusion that playing and raising his stock is what will be best for his career.

Anthony Richardson and Timing issues.

I remember the year we drafted Manning, with his 40+ career college starts, his taking every 1st team rep in camp, and him throwing the All-time NFL record 26 Interceptions and going 3 - 13.

Yea, do you remember that? It was a fun year as I recall.  

AR should be erratic for a year or two. Timing is everything. Well there is the reading defenses thing. I guess some do believe throwing with touch matters. (Remember Elway? haha!) 

I'm going to really enjoy the Hits, and let the misses roll right on by.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Agreed he is a very intelligent person. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't come to the conclusion that playing and raising his stock is what will be best for his career.

My guess is this, he knows his ankle is toast to start this season, so he tries to hide it and tries for an extension with lots of guaranteed monies , then he was planning on going to IR and cashing in on his guaranteed monies. Which I believe he has very little of on a rookie contract 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

My guess is this, he knows his ankle is toast to start this season, so he tries to hide it and tries for an extension with lots of guaranteed monies , then he was planning on going to IR and cashing in on his guaranteed monies. Which I believe he has very little of on a rookie contract 

This is the only thing that really makes sense. What doesn’t make sense is how did he think he would be able to pass a physical for another team if his ankle was still bad. Therefore the trade request seems weird. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

So the ankle's still an issue? And JT plus his people want a new deal in the middle of ill health? Something aint right with this picture

My take - Taylor and his agent know what Irsay did for Luck in not trying to recoup bonus money.  Taylor and his agent think Irsay is a free-spending nice guy (AKA chump) who can be pushed into something.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, csmopar said:

If his ankle is toast to start the season, then it's really bad.  His original injury should have taken about 6-8 weeks to recover from, at the most.  If we can believe what he's saying then he must have re-injured it.  Or, like you said, it's toast and probably will never be the same.

All players will tell you that once practice starts, everyone is 'injured' to some degree.  And 99% will play through it during the season.   Just watch some of the Quarterback series on Netflix to see what these guys go through in order to play.  And QBs aren't getting hit on every play like RBs.

So the question is - how injured is the ankle?  If the contract wasn't an issue, could he play on it?  I think we'll find out by next week.  Something has to give either way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

My take - Taylor and his agent know what Irsay did for Luck in not trying to recoup bonus money.  Taylor and his agent think Irsay is a free-spending nice guy (AKA chump) who can be pushed into something.  

If these guys think this then they're in the running for dumdums of the year, and i dont think JT is dumb at all.

Irsay knows the game more than pretty much any other owner. He helped craft the CBA. He's seen all sides of this though he never played at the highest level, he was in those locker rooms as a kid. He gets this more than most human beings do. If this agent and JT dont know this, then they dont deserve a penny but i suspect they do, so.....what exactly is going on here? A player with zero leverage pouting, thats what's going on.

• Like 1

Look, I’m no accomplished trailblazing agent like the one Taylor took on, but if he wants to get paid shouldn’t he be, you know, showing he’s healthy and participating? That’s at least the tiniest wee bit important when it comes to asking for a new deal, right? 

Something to maybe ponder while he’s… wherever he may be. 

Either he’s healthy and holding out, healthy and pretending he’s not to get out of town, or he’s not healthy. 

Exactly none of these options benefit Taylor in his quest. 

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Anthony Richardson and Timing issues.

I remember the year we drafted Manning, with his 40+ career college starts, his taking every 1st team rep in camp, and him throwing the All-time NFL record 26 Interceptions and going 3 - 13.

Yea, do you remember that? It was a fun year as I recall.  

AR should be erratic for a year or two. Timing is everything. Well there is the reading defenses thing. I guess some do believe throwing with touch matters. (Remember Elway? haha!) 

I'm going to really enjoy the Hits, and let the misses roll right on by.

I’m not worried about timing and AR at this point.