Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp day 6 8/3

17 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Whats HotRod doing these days ?

Football Sport GIF by Indianapolis Colts

“Rodrigo John Blankenship (born January 29, 1997),[1] nicknamed "Hot Rod",[2][3] is an American footballplacekicker for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League (NFL).”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hoosierhawk said:

Don't let a positive response go by without a negative response. 

All the money that was invested into him. I think the expectations are he should be nailing the 48 yarder. It’s still early so I expect improvement but with the kicking woes we have experienced I would hope it’s not a common occurrence.

46 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

missing a kick is a consequence of being human..

missing 90% of all +50yd last 3 years was a consequence of not having a leg, problem solved.

Im not saying he isn’t human, but I would like to see consistency from someone who received a substantial pay day. We were thoroughly screwed in games last season due to performance out of our kicker. I don’t think expecting a guy of his caliber to be able to nail a 48 yarder is a crime. 

34 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

All the money that was invested into him. I think the expectations are he should be nailing the 48 yarder. It’s still early so I expect improvement but with the kicking woes we have experienced I would hope it’s not a common occurrence.

It’s one field goal In training camp. Even Adam V missed kicks 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Im not saying he isn’t human, but I would like to see consistency from someone who received a substantial pay day. We were thoroughly screwed in games last season due to performance out of our kicker. I don’t think expecting a guy of his caliber to be able to nail a 48 yarder is a crime. 

It's training camp.   Good lord

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

That's what it's all about right there. Forget the contracts and extensions and all the jazz. That's the true spirit of the game. Good on ya Anthony!

Wait until he gets close to the rookie contract end, and he'd be busy with his agent if he's done well upto that point.

And, that'd be the right thing to do. 

Contract negotiation, disagreements, holding outs and rumor mill are inevitable.. nothing wrong with that. Part of the game in the business to get themselves paid well.