Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp day 6 8/3

2 hours ago, DiogoSales said:

missing a kick is a consequence of being human..

missing 90% of all +50yd last 3 years was a consequence of not having a leg, problem solved.

Funny thing is....  I was a kicker with one leg in H.S.  and even though I only tried a few 50+ FG.....  I hit better than that! Lol

27 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Funny thing is....  I was a kicker with one leg in H.S.  and even though I only tried a few 50+ FG.....  I hit better than that! Lol

I hope you had a leg injury in High School rather than the alternative of only having one leg. If you only have one leg, that's quite an accomplishment to live life with that disability.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Wait until he gets close to the rookie contract end, and he'd be busy with his agent if he's done well upto that point.

And, that'd be the right thing to do. 

Contract negotiation, disagreements, holding outs and rumor mill are inevitable.. nothing wrong with that. Part of the game in the business to get themselves paid well. 

The whole purpose of an agent, at least a decent competent one, is they do all of that work for their clients. That way he can still be with the fans and community and also get paid. 

• Like 1

Was at practice today and I’m a bit more worried about guys like Leonard and Jelani Woods. Woods didn’t practice at all again and was walking a little gingerly around the field. Anyone know an update on him? We need a big play threat at TE and he is it. As for Leonard, I only saw him active when warming up and doing the 1 on 1 drill. Didn’t see him in there at all with the team drills. Are they still taking it slow with him? In 1 on 1 drills, he seemed a bit slow covering his guy. Also hoping the foot injury to Buckner isn’t too serious. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Was at practice today and I’m a bit more worried about guys like Leonard and Jelani Woods. Woods didn’t practice at all again and was walking a little gingerly around the field. Anyone know an update on him? We need a big play threat at TE and he is it. As for Leonard, I only saw him active when warming up and doing the 1 on 1 drill. Didn’t see him in there at all with the team drills. Are they still taking it slow with him? In 1 on 1 drills, he seemed a bit slow covering his guy. Also hoping the foot injury to Buckner isn’t too serious. 

There is 6 weeks before the games that matter are going to be played.  That's plenty of time for these guys to get in game shape.  

12 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Shane said in his presser they are taking it cautiously slow with Lenonard.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Richardson starts week 1 and has a 60% completion rate I think that will be successful. Because with his legs and how he will contribute to the run game that 60% will be good. Richardson doesn’t need to be a 70% passer with that running ability.

I mean he can have 54 percent completion like luck and be successful,  but he has to be clutch and be great at deep passes which he is as far as deep passes go.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Richardson starts week 1 and has a 60% completion rate I think that will be successful. Because with his legs and how he will contribute to the run game that 60% will be good. Richardson doesn’t need to be a 70% passer with that running ability.

If I recall correctly, the QB completion rate in the NFL hovers more or less between 70% (top) and 60% (bottom) on average for a season, so 60% won’t be bad for a player many assume is not really yet ready for the NFL.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

Does everything that happens in camp / practice not translate into the game come regular season? 

It's why they practice.  Do you think he spent the off season in the back yard kicking field goals?   Every player in the league is knocking the rust off right now.   It's training camp...  emphasis on training

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

Does everything that happens in camp / practice not translate into the game come regular season? 

They have practice so players can get accustomed to playing with each other. Like the kicker and holder getting used to each other and the long snapper and the holder getting used to each other. Did you check to see if it may have been a bad snap or a bad hold?

• Thanks 1