Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 3 7/29

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

I don't think he gets an extension this year either. Need to see him in new system as well

He's probably wanting $25m a year.

You could very well be right but I think the Colts should extend Taylor or Pittman before the end of the season so you have the franchise tag to use on the other if you need it. I’d pick Pittman because WRs are harder to find, the Colts have far less proven at WR behind him than they do at RB, the franchise tag for WRs will be way more than it is for RBs.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard did not address his contract but he talked about him like he is Ballards favorite son. What’s interesting when talking Taylor he said twice we have new coaches ect. Never said that when talking Pittman. Steichen mentioned Pittman when he first got hired so I think he likes him alot. It would look bad to get pittmans extension done and not even talk with Taylor on one.  He maybe they are waiting to see on Pittman too.

Pittman’s public comments would leave anyone to think the Colts are not talking a new deal with him now.   And that they MIGHT during the season, but it’s not certain.  And Pitt has repeatedly said he’s fine with the current situation and that he expects it will eventually work out.  

His approach is 180 degrees different than JT.  

• Like 2

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

You could very well be right but I think the Colts should extend Taylor or Pittman before the end of the season so you have the franchise tag to use on the other if you need it. I’d pick Pittman because WRs are harder to find, the Colts have far less proven at WR behind him than they do at RB, the franchise tag for WRs will be way more than it is for RBs.  

Pittman doesn't seem to be to concerned about it right now. He is being a professional and just putting in work.

They can always sign an extension prior to tag deadline. Kinda what the Giants did with Jones and Barkley.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard did not address his contract but he talked about him like he is Ballards favorite son. What’s interesting when talking Taylor he said twice we have new coaches ect. Never said that when talking Pittman. Steichen mentioned Pittman when he first got hired so I think he likes him alot. It would look bad to get pittmans extension done and not even talk with Taylor on one.  He maybe they are waiting to see on Pittman too.

Honestly this could be what is driving this JT drama. He could be jealous that they’re working with Pittman on one

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Pittman’s public comments would leave anyone to think the Colts are not talking a new deal with him now.   And that they MIGHT during the season, but it’s not certain.  And Pitt has repeatedly said he’s fine with the current situation and that he expects it will eventually work out.  

Pittman mentioned during OTA they had contract talks.  But being a WR is a lot different then being a RB.

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Pittman doesn't seem to be to concerned about it right now. He is being a professional and just putting in work.

They can always sign an extension prior to tag deadline. Kinda what the Giants did with Jones and Barkley.

Yep, not saying I am worried about it I was just wondering if Ballard had said anything.  I saw Pittman’s comments on it.  I guess I am just throwing it out there I wouldn’t be shocked if Ballard is quietly working on an extension with Pittman.  With that said I am not going to be shocked if that doesn’t happen during camp either.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Pittman mentioned during OTA they had contract talks.  But being a WR is a lot different then being a RB.

They’ve had talks….   (They’ve also had talks with Taylor but no offer). And it has yet to amount to anything.   It might in the next 5-6 weeks before the season opener, but I wouldn’t bet in it.  

For a variety of reasons that we’ve all talked about, the Colts would want him to sign at a discount.   And I don’t see Pittman doing that.   He’s going to bank on himself.  

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

They’ve had talks….   (They’ve also had talks with Taylor but no offer). And it has yet to amount to anything.   It might in the next 5-6 weeks before the season opener, but I wouldn’t bet in it.  

For a variety of reasons that we’ve all talked about, the Colts would want him to sign at a discount.   And I don’t see Pittman doing that.   He’s going to bank on himself.  

Irsay said they had not had contract talks with Taylor. Unless he just meant official numbers not being offered.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Irsay said they had not had contract talks with Taylor. Unless he just meant official numbers not being offered.

He said no official offer has been made.  

But everyone has preliminary talks to find out how close, or far, the two sides are.   That’s standard for the industry. 

If they’re close, maybe there’s a deal to be had.   But if they’re not close, then there’s no point in making an official offer.   

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

I know it’s a hot button topic, but can we put all the JT tweets and such in the JT thread so we can discuss the rest of training camp ? @w87r 

Well I moved them over, but it's back to taking over both threads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Zach hicks made a good point. It’s important for Minshew to get first term reps to make sure the pass catchers are getting good work in because sometimes rookies can be a little all over the place.

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Well I moved them over, but it's back to taking over both threads.

Sorry Pittman contract came up and it led to that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Zach hicks made a good point. It’s important for Minshew to get first term reps to make sure the pass catchers are getting good work in because sometimes rookies can be a little all over the place.

Sorry Pittman contract came up and it led to that.

That is a good point by Zach.

Also, it's all good, just thought it was funny.

• Like 2

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

That’s my fault I asked about Ballard and Pittman’s contract and that derailed things again.

All good, just thought it was funny

Unfortunately it is what it is. And that is the biggest story going on right now.

Major camp distraction.

7 hours ago, csmopar said:

Lastly, Shane is INTENSE on the field. I mean INTENSE !!! The difference between him and Reich and even Pagano is HUGE. But one thing that stood out, he’s a lot more active on both sides of the ball and with all players when he sees things he doesn’t like. Or even things he does. 

Music to my ears! :scoregood:

• Like 5

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

he’s a pass catcher which means he has way more leverage .  He doesn’t need to build any artificially.

6 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I've been saying pretty much this since they got Minshew, before the draft.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I always like when "outsiders" comment on our team. It brings a different point of view from this echo chamber this forum can be sometimes.

I think Alec Pierce could be a great weapon for this team when paired with AR. Our WRs and TEs are largely unproven though and this season may not bring out their full potential, but I'm hoping for the best.

Glad Shaq's back and hope DeFo and big Grove have a monster season. Also, looking for our young DEs to really become a threat this season.

Not sold on us "needing" JT.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I always like when "outsiders" comment on our team. It brings a different point of view from this echo chamber this forum can be sometimes.

I think Alec Pierce could be a great weapon for this team when paired with AR. Our WRs and TEs are largely unproven though and this season may not bring out their full potential, but I'm hoping for the best.

Glad Shaq's back and hope DeFo and big Grove have a monster season. Also, looking for our young DEs to really become a threat this season.

Not sold on us "needing" JT.

I gave you a like because I agree'd with everything you said but with JT we would be a better team.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If his wife, and he like it here, and they believe in the direction we are headed, they would take what some would consider a "discounted" price. It would have enough fully guaranteed $$ with a signing bonus to make them very happy. And he should be good for a very rewarding 3rd contract to top off his career. With a Superbowl Win or two. 

IM ever so wise and humble O, Steichen will be the Prime determiner as to who he wants Ballard to keep. 

Pierce could turn out so effective that combined with our talented slots and TE's, we would be wise to draft Pittman's replacement and save that bag of cash. 

8 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

If his wife, and he like it here, and they believe in the direction we are headed, they would take what some would consider a "discounted" price. It would have enough fully guaranteed $$ with a signing bonus to make them very happy. And he should be good for a very rewarding 3rd contract to top off his career. With a Superbowl Win or two. 

IM ever so wise and humble O, Steichen will be the Prime determiner as to who he wants Ballard to keep. 

Pierce could turn out so effective that combined with our talented slots and TE's, we would be wise to draft Pittman's replacement and save that bag of cash. 

Maybe JT wanted Levis instead of AR Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons- just joking but I had too.

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

Honestly... I don't think I love this. He doesn't need to get bigger and heavier. 

I honestly wouldn't worry. He doesn't seem to have the fatso body type like a Jamarcus Russell had.

7 minutes ago, IinD said:

I honestly wouldn't worry. He doesn't seem to have the fatso body type like a Jamarcus Russell had.

Exactly.  1.  I assume the Colts have been working with him on this weight gain.  2.  It’s probably muscle which weights more than fat.

• Like 1