Here is mine:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Johnny Unitas

3. Marvin Harrison

4. Dwight Freeney

5. Reggie Wayne

6. Robert Mathis

7. Gino Marchetti

8. Edge James - in just a Colts Uni, he was the best RB we have ever had.

9. Bob Sanders

10. Eric Dickerson

- The last 2 guys I put on the list is because of the impact they had on the Indianapolis Colts. Neither had much longevity in a Colts uniform but their impact on the team was priceless. Without Bob Sanders I don't think we win the SB in 2006 + he is the only Colt to ever win DPOY = 2007. Dickerson put us on the map as far as Indianapolis goes. We sucked before he got here. He was the first true great Indianapolis Colt we had. When he got here in 1987, we won the AFC East Division, he also led the league in rushing in 1988.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here is mine:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Johnny Unitas

3. Marvin Harrison

4. Dwight Freeney

5. Reggie Wayne

6. Robert Mathis

7. Gino Marchetti

9. Bob Sanders

10. Eric Dickerson

- The last 2 guys I put on the list is because of the impact they had on the Indianapolis Colts. Neither had much longevity in a Colts uniform but their impact on the team was priceless. Without Bob Sanders I don't think we win the SB in 2006 + he is the only Colt to ever win DPOY = 2007. Dickerson put us on the map as far as Indianapolis goes. We sucked before he got here. He was the first true great Indianapolis Colt we had. When he got here in 1987, we won the AFC East Division, he also led the league in rushing in 1988.

The thing I love about Gino Marchetti is he played both OL and DL. Look at his resume too, it is incredible with accolades + he was on the 1958 and 1959 championship teams. He and Unitas IMO were the best Baltimore Colts by far. Gino was 6'4 250 pounds, that was huge for back then. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 10:37 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here is mine:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Johnny Unitas

3. Marvin Harrison

4. Dwight Freeney

5. Reggie Wayne

6. Robert Mathis

7. Gino Marchetti

9. Bob Sanders

10. Eric Dickerson

@coltsfeva, tough to argue about your Mackey point. He probably does deserve to be in the top 10. That is the problem with only being allowed to choose 10. Someone great always gets left off. Some could even say Raymond Berry belongs here too. I like my top 10 for many reasons but there are few others that arguably belong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

My Honorable mention list goes to:

Raymond Berry

Barry Kraus

Bert Jones

Marshal Faulk

Joe Addai

Dwight Clark

Antonio Beathea

Lenny Mooore

I am half tempted to do a top 20. I have one so I might. It is pretty slow in here. If I do my 20, I am sure I will leave someone off that probably deserves to be on that even. We have had at least 20 to 30 very good to great players going back to the Baltimore days.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 9:37 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here is mine:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Johnny Unitas

3. Marvin Harrison

4. Dwight Freeney

5. Reggie Wayne

6. Robert Mathis

7. Gino Marchetti

9. Bob Sanders

10. Eric Dickerson

Here was the 10 I chose. Regarding a Top 20 (11-20), I think we can all agree that John Mackey, Raymond Berry, Chris Hinton, TY Hilton, Lenny Moore, Adam Vinatieri, Marshall Faulk are at least top 20. The rest is really rough because it would be hard to disagree at that point who rounds out a top 20??

Is Andrew Luck a top 20 Colt of all-time for example. He had 4 great seasons = 2012-2014, and 2018 and statistically he was on par to put up great all-time numbers. He also had 4 playoff wins in his career as QB. Is Jeff Saturday a top 20 Colt of all-time? He was Peyton's Center for 12 straight seasons and made numerous Pro-Bowl's + 2 1st team All-Pro's. Is Quenton Nelson a Top 20 Colt of all-time? He has been 1st team All-Pro 3 times already. How about Bert Jones? Many in here think Bert was maybe the most talented QB ever to play. Last but not least, how about Darius Leonard (aka Shaq)? We all know the impact he has had for the defense.

• Like 1

Any all-time Colt list that doesn't include The Great Bert Jones isn't worth a grain of salt.....imo. Lol

Here's mine:

1. Johnny Unitas

2. Bert Jones

3. Peyton Manning

the rest are more difficult especially the order which is less important.

4. Geno Marchetti

5. OT Parker

6. Raymond Berry

7. Lenny Moore

8. Mike Curtis

9. Marvin Harrison

10. Dwight Freeney

I omitted Dickerson, maybe best RB of all time , because we traded for him and he only played a few seasons for us. But he's one of my all time favorites.

Also Ted the mad stork  Hendricks was special but was traded to the Raiders and you can't list everyone on a top 10 list lol. Certainly a lot of special players to wear the Horseshoe. 

12 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Any all-time Colt list that doesn't include The Great Bert Jones isn't worth a grain of salt.....imo. Lol

Here's mine:

1. Johnny Unitas

2. Bert Jones

3. Peyton Manning

4. Geno Marchetti

5. OT Parker

6. Raymond Berry

7. Lenny Moore

8. Mike Curtis

9. Marvin Harrison

10. Dwight Freeney

I omitted Dickerson, maybe best RB of all time , because we traded for him and he only played a few seasons for us. But he's one of my all time favorites.

Also Ted the mad stork  Hendricks was special but was traded to the Raiders and you can't list everyone on a top 10 list lol. Certainly a lot of special players to wear the Horseshoe. 

That’s Jim Parker btw.

Nice to see somebody with some bias to the Baltimore days. I wonder if some of the posters here have even heard of Mayflower Movers.

1 hour ago, azcolt said:

That’s Jim Parker btw.

Nice to see somebody with some bias to the Baltimore days. I wonder if some of the posters here have even heard of Mayflower Movers.

Yep,  happily watched them roll down Kessler in fishers.   My dad was friends with Rick Russell who was a big wig for Mayflower back then.    We were pumped Indy was getting a team

• Like 1

Pro Football Reference's All Time Rankings for Colts Draft Choices based on their wAV (weighted average approximate career value is a little bit different.  True, it doesn't include undrafted free agents like Jeff Saturday.

1 - wAV 176 QB Peyton Manning (HOF)

2 - wAV 140 QB John Elway (HOF)

3 - wAV 132 RB Marshall Faulk (HOF)

4 - wAV 123 WR Marvin Harrison (HOF)

5 - wAV 116 WR Reggie Wayne

6 - wAV 113 RB Edgerrin James (HOF)

7 - wAV 112 LB Ted Hendricks (HOF)

8 - wAV 95 LB Bobby Boyd

9 - wAV 92 LB Larry Grantham

10 - wAV 91 LB Cornelius Bennett

11 - wAV 89 RB Lydell Mitchell

12 - wAV 87 T Tarik Glenn

13 - wAV 87 T Ron Mix (HOF)

14 - wAV 86 T Ralph Neely

15 - wAV 81 DE Dwight Freeney

16 - wAV 80 QB Bert Jones

17 - wAV 79 LB Mike Curis

18 - wAV 78 T Bob Vogel

19 - wAV 78 T Winston Hill (HOF)

20 - wAV 77 WR Andre Rison

21 - wAV 77 QB Chris Chandler

22 - wAV 77 C Ray Donaldson

23 - wAV 77 T Jim Parker (HOF)

24 - wAV 74 DB Rick Volk

25 - wAV 73 LB Mike Peterson

26 - wAV 72 QB Andrew Luck

27 - wAV 72 WR TY Hilton

28 - wAV 72 T Ryan Diem

29 - wAV 72 DT John Dutton

30 - wAV 72 DT Fred Miller

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/draft.htm

On 7/11/2023 at 10:37 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here is mine:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Johnny Unitas

3. Marvin Harrison

4. Dwight Freeney

5. Reggie Wayne

6. Robert Mathis

7. Gino Marchetti

9. Bob Sanders

10. Eric Dickerson

Lots of good Colts from Baltimore left off this list.diagree.

3 hours ago, bleed blue4life said:

Lots of good Colts from Baltimore left off this list.diagree.

I did post you can take off Dickerson and Bob, and add Mackey and Berry or even Parker. I basically had to have Bob on the list because without him, I doubt we would have won the SB in 2006. We still could have but I doubt it. He turned the whole defense around when he came back from injury. He is also the only Colt in the history of the Colts to win DPOY = 2007. No way he should be left off the list despite having an injury plagued career.

20 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

What is your list?

That is the thing I at least do in here, I do lists on almost everything and back up my lists with a lot of facts. Some may disagree with me on certain things and that is fine but most of them don't never post their list and facts behind it. They just say they disagree with me. Just saying Peyton Manning is the best Colt ever is pretty easy, and Unitas is 2nd but after that it takes a lot of thought and factors people need to understand to what goes into a list. Stats, overall games won, how dominant a player was at his position, championships won, MVP's won, longevity, impact a player had, etc.. To do just a top 10 of any list = all sports is difficult because there are so many players that arguably could belong on a list that gets left off. 

On 7/15/2023 at 9:23 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Here's mine:

1. Johnny Unitas

2. Bert Jones

3. Peyton Manning

4. Geno Marchetti

5. OT Parker

6. Raymond Berry

7. Lenny Moore

8. Mike Curtis

9. Marvin Harrison

10. Dwight Freeney

I personally think it is criminal to have Bert Jones and even perhaps Unitas ahead of Peyton.  I also think Marvin is ahead of all of these guys except Unitas

11 hours ago, Nevbot said:

I understand your probably a colt fan because they play in Indy and  have a bias toward Indy colts over players from Baltimore.

But saying it's criminal because someone doesn't agree with you is I think much. Bias or not,Lol.

Bill Belichek  doesn't agree with you as he said Bert Jones was the best he's seen..... Like I said, its just opinions But  I think I'd rather go with his opinion over yours. haha