Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dayo Odeyingbo

compuls1v3

19 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kevin Bowen said the days media has watched OTA Dayo looked really good.

I remember it took Grover Stewart about 3 years to find his groove, but I think there are higher expectations for Dayo.  I'm super excited to see how he does this year!

• Like 2

If you want an edge person with 10+ sacks it'll be Dayo. I think Paye will get you close, but with more pressures. Not saying this is a bad thing at all. Last year Colts were 2 sacks away from all time season record. Imagine how many sacks they could've had with early leads. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, compuls1v3 said:

I remember it took Grover Stewart about 3 years to find his groove, but I think there are higher expectations for Dayo.  I'm super excited to see how he does this year!

Let’s not forget he lost his rookie season because of the Achilles so only played half the season. So basically his second year was his rookie year. This should be year he makes the jump. Good news he had been injury free since coming back from the Achilles.

1 minute ago, Matabix said:

If you want an edge person with 10+ sacks it'll be Dayo. I think Paye will get you close, but with more pressures. Not saying this is a bad thing at all. Last year Colts were 2 sacks away from all time season record. Imagine how many sacks they could've had with early leads. 

If Paye can healthy he will be a ten sack guy. He is not a speed rusher though. More of a bull Rusher like Justin Houston.

• Like 1

I think him and Paye complement each other and both will have their best seasons. That being said Ebukum may outshine both...we have 3 young talented DE's (No knock on Lewis but his injury situation scares me when on the field he is also very good) and could really flourish with DE's. Im excited 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

I think him and Paye complement each other and both will have their best seasons. That being said Ebukum may outshine both...we have 3 young talented DE's (No knock on Lewis but his injury situation scares me when on the field he is also very good) and could really flourish with DE's. Im excited 

I think this is the year we see the “wave after wave” of the D getting after the QB that Ballard wanted and drafted for.

Well…it looks really good on paper.

• Like 3

This will be the year for him to take a leap, although I think he is gonna be played more as a rotational piece between the 3 Tech and DE, allowing Buckner to get some rest last year Buckner played way to many snaps per game

4 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I’m on record stating several times I don’t see him being more than an average player. I’m hoping I’m wrong and he makes the leap. This team will need him this year bc it will rely on defense and the running game more than ever. 

I didn’t know about this view of yours.   Would you mind if I asked why you think that way about Dayo?    I’m curious?    

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I didn’t know about this view of yours.   Would you mind if I asked why you think that way about Dayo?    I’m curious?    

More of a personal feeling from watching him at Vanderbilt. I think he has a lot of great traits but doesn’t use them.  He disappeared for long stretches and would lose leverage and get knocked around and on the ground a lot. Some of this is being the only NFL caliber lineman on his college team and the rest is need of coaching. Things may be different now but I didn’t trust the last coaching staff to develop him to his potential.  I see him as a high end back up to average starter which is a great floor. If he is an average starter he is worth the 2nd pick.  He is still very young and has shown flashes.  The million dollar question will be is it his athleticism or his technique developing.  

2 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

More of a personal feeling from watching him at Vanderbilt. I think he has a lot of great traits but doesn’t use them.  He disappeared for long stretches and would lose leverage and get knocked around and on the ground a lot. Some of this is being the only NFL caliber lineman on his college team and the rest is need of coaching. Things may be different now but I didn’t trust the last coaching staff to develop him to his potential.  I see him as a high end back up to average starter which is a great floor. If he is an average starter he is worth the 2nd pick.  He is still very young and has shown flashes.  The million dollar question will be is it his athleticism or his technique developing.  

The last coaching staff?   I’m not sure I follow?   The Flus coaching staff was with Dayo as a rookie, and he was coming off his Achilles in jury.  That’s the group you didn’t trust? 

The current coaching staff is the Bradley group from last year.   And you’re on board with them, right?   Just trying to make sure I follow your meaning….  

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The last coaching staff?   I’m not sure I follow?   The Flus coaching staff was with Dayo as a rookie, and he was coming off his Achilles in jury.  That’s the group you didn’t trust? 

The current coaching staff is the Bradley group from last year.   And you’re on board with them, right?   Just trying to make sure I follow your meaning….  

Correct, I did not like the group with Matt Eberflus and their ability to develop the defensive line. Never felt we had a consistent pass rush.  So far I like what Bradley, but more importantly, Ollie has done with the pass rush. I believe we were right around the franchise record for sacks and a couple other metrics. Jury is still out on this group and the team will need to rely on our defense more than ever.  Going to require players to make 2nd and 3rd year leaps, including Dayo.  A ball control offense that helps our rookie QB could also help the D as well. As always I will take a wait and see approach. 

• Thanks 1