Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select QB Anthony Richardson Florida (merge)

danlhart87

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Listening to Ballard and Steichen I don’t think Richardson will sit long ot maybe not at all. Steichen said young QB need to play.

Yeah, I came away from that interview probably too confident in whatever Steichen’s plan is or will be. But whatever, I’m ready to be hurt again if it doesn’t work out lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I know it sounds silly but I would 

This is the reset button for Ballard. His born again opportunity.  I think we can all  agree  there are no more  excuses.  He got his coach. He got te qb  t

he loves. I will start over with Balard and all is forgiven. Let's go Colts and get it done. Let's go heavy on O in the 2nd and 3rd. I know we need corners but we have to build around thr O and sacrifice the D. I would be tempted to grab another te in the 2nd and guard in the 3rd. Not many wrs of  value tons of tes left. We need long pass catchers.

Well said, I agree.  All the top guards are still on the board. Wr’s are getting thin, Very deep TE class this year.

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Richardson is a big gamble, and it has to work out for Ballard.  Picking him at 4 looks like a desperation move on Ballard's part.  It seems more like a dart throw than a thoughtful pick.

I wonder how many times he could have traded down, got plenty of picks to build his 4-12 team back up, and still got Levis. 

Well, it looks like into the 2nd round, lol. I have to admit that I feel rejuvenated as a fan after all the  old retreads and now we got a 21 year old super athletic qb. Could he bust out? Absolutely he could.  However, I am actually wiling to ride it out. If it is a disaster, I actually won't complain at all. Just exhausted but the qb carousel.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Well said, I agree.  All the top guards are still on the board. Wr’s are getting thin, Very deep TE class this year.

Steichen can be the next Andy Reid. I think we will continue with long pass catchers. I was hoping Kincaid would be there. Washington could be a go. He is a devastating blocker and could solve some of our issues on the Oline and I think he is untapped as a pass catcher.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Steichen can be the next Andy Reid. I think we will continue with long pass catchers. I was hoping Kincaid would be there. Washington could be a go. He is a devastating blocker and could solve some of our issues on the Oline and I think he is untapped as a pass catcher.

Holy cow man Ive been agreeing with you a lot lately lol

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

QB competition?

Hey, let’s try something different. We’ve got this QB grooming coach, let him work with both. If they feature both of them well, after a season or two some team is gonna come calling and we’re gonna be ready to let one of them go. We’re gonna be able to get an attractive 1st round pick out of him and more, so it’s an investment that pays off. 

I like it more than the inevitable trade down. We all acknowledge how Richardson is a boom or bust prospect, why not have Levis, of all people, as his backup/insurance? 

I certainly think it’s something Steichen could do. 

Just now, JColts72 said:

Not top 5 pick rich though.

Not yet.

But good backup QBs make 8-10m a year now. Hes got enough talent to be a good backup.

He shouldve never told everyone he puts mayo in his coffee.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Lol. I have been wrong a lot.  

We all have Moose.

19 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Was watching this live. I kinda love Steichen’s closed off demeanor, unwillingness to answer stuff like QB comparison questions. And I swear, there’s a way he kinda Hawkeyes the media after they ask their questions lol I don’t know why I took notice, but it’s like he’s trying to figure out there angle. 

Anyways…just casually being an armchair psychologist 

Steichen is definitely a little crusty, which is how I like my HC.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Was watching this live. I kinda love Steichen’s closed off demeanor, unwillingness to answer stuff like QB comparison questions. And I swear, there’s a way he kinda Hawkeyes the media after they ask their questions lol I don’t know why I took notice, but it’s like he’s trying to figure out there angle. 

Anyways…just casually being an armchair psychologist 

Ballard wasn’t committing to QB or bust in that spot. I got the feeling of Young, Stroud, and Richardson were all off the board, they may have taken the best defensive player available or traded down. I think that comment says they weren’t ready to go all-in with Levis. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love it. We dodged a bullet by not taking Levis. AR and Taylor will be a 2 headed monster coming out of that backfield. 

I would love Washington. Our tes and wrs would be crazy. Pittman, Peirce, Gransom, Ogeltree, Woods and Wadhington....lol. I do expect them to draft another wr because of Pttmans context is up soon.

• Like 1

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

I would love Washington. Our tes and wrs would be crazy. Pittman, Peirce, Gransom, Ogeltree, Woods and Wadhington....lol. I do expect them to draft another wr because of Pttmans context is up soon.

Maybe we go for Jalin Hyatt if we see stacked boxes with AR and JT

• Like 1

And something else... not really anything to do with Richardson but ... I just want to see who of the big national media reporters and draft analysts will come out and admit they don't know % about what is going in the Colts building. There are some especially smug people in national media that keep pretending like they have it all figured out with the Colts and they have been now horribly wrong on the two most important decisions the Colts have made this off-season. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stitches said:

And something else... not really anything to do with Richardson but ... I just want to see who of the big national media reporters and draft analysts will come out and admit they don't know % about what is going in the Colts building. There are some especially smug people in national media that keep pretending like they have it all figured out with the Colts and they have been now horribly wrong on the two most important decisions the Colts have made this off-season. 

Tell us…..

How horribly wrong were they?    Did they get Steichen wrong?   

Did they get taking a QB at 4 wrong?   

What did the national media get wrong?