Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Take Down Peyton Poster [Merge]

WSnotch

I am not sure what the big deal is.

Peyton is a Bronco.

The Colts are drafting Luck tomorrow.

Why welcome Luck with reminders of Peyton hanging up?

Come on people. It's business. Help make the kid feel comfortable. He's a good person.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should auction it or display it somewhere in the stadium. I hope they don't just get rid of it.

EDIT: It'd be cool if they hung the banner with all the championship banners over the field.

I think they should just give it to ME. :cheer:

because he didn't know this already?

He knows. He sounds like he has his head on straight too considering it all.

I think visual reminders might be a bit much though. He will have plenty of people asking about Peyton.

Keep in mind, none of this is Lucks fault. He did not hurt Peyton's neck. He did not cause him to miss a season. He did not waltz out awful QBs last year for the team.

He is just a young man who wants to live out his dream in the league. And he is with the Colts now.

I hope he kicks butt.

I think visual reminders might be a bit much though. He will have plenty of people asking about Peyton.

Keep in mind, none of this is Lucks fault. He did not hurt Peyton's neck. He did not cause him to miss a season. He did not waltz out awful QBs last year for the team.

He is just a young man who wants to live out his dream in the league. And he is with the Colts now.

I hope he kicks butt.

I had already deleted or re-edited my comment before you posted... :sigh: It didn't come across the way I meant it... so I re-edited my comment. I totally agree with you

I hope he kicks butt.

He did make him "expendable" in Irsay's mind though. No Luck = Peyton a Colt.

I had already deleted or re-edited my comment before you posted... :sigh: It didn't come across the way I meant it... so I re-edited my comment. I totally agree with you

It's fine Gramz. All is cool.

Just have to make the kid feel welcomed. He knows whats up. He is a smart one.

It won't end with a few of you will it?

Very sad.

The draft is tomorrow and it still won't END.

Well as much as you post you know this will never end. The fans need to embrace the new QB and move on. I am still wishing Peyton much success with his new team and want to move forward with our new QB and new team.

If having a banner of Peyton on the stadium is going to shake Lucks confidence i think we have bigger problems. How many billboards around town still have Peyton on them. What if Luck has to go to St. Vincents for something, there is a whole wing of the hospital with his name on it... -omg-

I am certain Andrew Luck would be fine with the banner.

It is still sad. I will never forget what he has done for the city, the Colts, and QB position. I hope he has a very successful time with the Broncos. How can you not want the best for this man!!! I will miss seeing him run out of the tunnel next year. He is the greatest I have ever seen.

I also am looking forward to the years to come and hope Andrew has great success here. Welcome to Indy, Andrew!

I'm gonna echo what you said. I absolutely love Indianapolis and it was so cool to say I lived here and we had Peyton Manning and the Colts. I wish him the absolute best with the Broncos. I'm just glad he's back in the NFL. I thought for awhile he might of retired. I had just turned 13 years old when he started his first season. I moved from Indy to Ohio when I was 19... and I just moved back almost 2 months ago after 7 years. The first thing I did was go downtown Indy and drive around the stadium 3-4 times and I saw the banner. It was surreal for me. I watched probably every game when I lived here of his and I listened/watched 70-80 % of the games when I was in Ohio.

I'm excited for the new Colts, as well. Can't wait. I will still follow Peyton and watch/cheer for him as much as I can.

It doesn't matter now. It's gone.

And yes put Wayne on it. Mathis. There are other guys who have been on this team for many years who mean an awful lot to this franchise too.

It doesn't matter now. It's gone.

And yes put Wayne on it. Mathis. There are other guys who have been on this team for many years who mean an awful lot to this franchise too.

Yes it's gone and as I said in the previous post the news showed the new one with Wayne on it. Am I the only one that watches the news? haha Just picking on you Jules. :)

Is Hunger Games a good 1?

(recognized the avatar)

I loved it. They could have made it more gruesome at times though but if they did it would have been rated R.

Read the books a while ago and always loved Katniss. One of my favorite characters. She's a good one.

imDoo.jpg

IMO, this banner should hang from the rafters inside the stadium. Hopefully 15 or so years from now Andrew will have one just like it hanging along side it. Then the next new guy will understand what it means to be the quarterback of the Indianapolis Colts!

Why does it have to be Manning vrs Luck? I want Luck to be a stud here. But to take Manning off of the stadium is a slap in his face considering HE is the reason the stadium is there

Peyton is very astute and intelligent, he was brought up to know the difference between right and wrong, He knows how the people of Indy feel about him. He knows what he's done for the city and all the things he's accomplished, I am sure he also realizes it would not be right to keep his photo up while welcoming in a new QB.

If having a banner of Peyton on the stadium is going to shake Lucks confidence i think we have bigger problems. How many billboards around town still have Peyton on them. What if Luck has to go to St. Vincents for something, there is a whole wing of the hospital with his name on it... -omg-

I would think it has more to do with respect than guarding Luck's fragile psyche.

Why does it have to be Manning vrs Luck? I want Luck to be a stud here. But to take Manning off of the stadium is a slap in his face considering HE is the reason the stadium is there

"HE" is also another teams QB. It's inappropriate IMO. Can we not just applaud while moving on instead of tearing our hearts out over symbolism?

Shame to see a few people menstruating at a banner being taken down. 2017, we'll see a statue put up, but even that's not that important. We all know what he meant, everyone does. We don't need a banner to prove that.

The banner of Peyton Manning on LOS has been taken down.

INDIANAPOLIS -- The large banner of Peyton Manning has been removed from Lucas Oil Stadium.

The move Wednesday comes a day before the Colts will take Andrew Luck, Manning's replacement, with the No. 1 overall choice in the NFL draft.

Pete Ward, the team's chief operating officer, says the timing had nothing to do with the draft. Instead, he says, it was because a crane was in the area and available to take it down.

The banner had hung outside the stadium since its opening in 2008. After Manning was released March 7, the team added the words "Thank you Peyton" to the banner. Many credit Manning for helping to secure funding for the new stadium. A large banner also hung outside the RCA Dome before the team moved to Lucas Oil.