Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Interested in Jarvis Landry?

Smonroe

10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Coming off an injury plagued year, may be cheap.  If healthy, he’s a good veteran addition.  Sorely needed in that WR room.  

If Steichen wants him — then fine.   But otherwise, I hope we pass.   He’s one of my least favorite receivers of the last 6-8 years.   I think he’s hugely overrated and, for a number of years, badly overpaid. 

So I hope this report doesn’t pan out.   But if the Colts sign him, I’ll support the move.

In Steichen I trust.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Note that this is NOT a sourced info. This is something a "former NFL executive" thought might be within Colts' interests...

"Former NFL executive" knows nothing about Ballard... 

Maybe.    But you don’t know who the former exec is and don’t know what he may know about Ballard. 

• Like 1

I seriously doubt that Colts would even "kick the tires" on Jarvis Landry.  He is a free agent for a reason.  If he still had "the juice" - he would have been signed in the first week of free agency - and - we're nearing the end of the second week.

Additionally - we just signed Isaiah McKenzie - who I feel has better upside than Jarvis Landry - at this point in his career - or lack thereof.

14 hours ago, Rolltide_gocolts said:

I think there’s  2 maybe 4 weapons I would trade from 35 to the 1st rd for….. TEs from Georgia and Notre Dame, J Gibbs, zay flowers and tank Dell 

Colts have 4 TE's, Flowers and Dell might( at least one of them) will be available in the 2nd round.  Would like to see Schmidt, Avila, Mauch OL/C players, or a CB at 35.  JMO on this, and add trading up from #80 using Moore and a pick will still be possible for a good WR.

Pierce

Pittman

Landry

That would be a legit top three.  Not gonna lie the injuries with Landry concern me but he is productive.  Colts would be free to not sweat WR unless one they love falls to them.

If they get their QB at the top that is a group that gives him quality options.  So I could see it.

• Like 2

I don’t expect another move at WR unless a superstar just falls in their lap which I don’t see happening.  I think they will continue to develop Pittman and Alec as 1 and 2 and let McKenzie and Dulin fighting it out for the number three/slot role.  Ballard likes the Colts receiver group and I think views the biggest issue with their lack of production being the QB position and them being young and needing to learn. The later doesn’t apply as much to Pittman but he was also the most successful of the receivers last year.

The FA WR market is pretty thin.  A lot of guys heading into their 30s, no impact players besides OBJ.  And he’s a big question mark.  Maybe Golladay or Robbie Anderson are the best available?

I wonder if K’neal Harry could revive his career.  He’s still young and had a lot of potential.   Probably be cheap too.