Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the things that bother you about Cousins is he takes up a lot of the Salary Cap and he fails in the playoffs quite a bit. Having said that with him, you have a punchers chance at winning a SB and you usually make the playoffs with him which gives you something week in and out to look forward too. Happy GIF- Vikings are never a boring team with Cousins. As a Colts fan I would take that, at least make the playoffs and able to enjoy many wins in the regular season. Winning the SB is obviously the goal but only 1 team does that. Just get that 1 SB win with Cousins and you will by his jersey :D

You are right about my reasons, but a lot of Vikings fans feel like you do. They feel he gives them a chance week in and week out. That is not enough for me at this point in my life. In the past, I would be happy to make the playoffs every year. It is not enough anymore. 

Anyway, besides guard, what other areas on the team do you wish to address?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You are right about my reasons, but a lot of Vikings fans feel like you do. They feel he gives them a chance week in and week out. That is not enough for me at this point in my life. In the past, I would be happy to make the playoffs every year. It is not enough anymore. 

Anyway, besides guard, what other areas on the team do you wish to address?

If the Vikings can get better on defense, they would be real dangerous. Cousins isn't great but good. He is a lot like Dak, every year they just fold in the playoffs. Strange but true.

To your question, LT, (Rainman would be great depth), WR = a deep threat, and I am just waiting to see the 1 million dollar question - who will be our next QB. Minshew was a good pickup but he will probably be the backup to whoever we draft. I still want Lamar but I give that a 10% chance of happening. Ballard would never do that.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

Yes.

What about Cameron Brate?

I saw that too. If the Colts wanted to pickup a pass-catching TE then I would have preferred Gesicki but the Patriots snatched him up this morning. Dalton Shultz might be another option.

1 minute ago, philba101 said:

I saw that too. If the Colts wanted to pickup a pass-catching TE then I would have preferred Gesicki but the Patriots snatched him up this morning. Dalton Shultz might be another option.

Yeah, Schultz is younger. Brate had been a very reliable player for the Bucs. He may have been one of their most tenured players (9 years).

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Will Anderson could be the next Von Miller?? Lets just pick him and roll with Minshew as starter and draft a WR at #35. I am not really serious but what if we went that route haha 

We NEVER agree.... but on this we still don't...:lol:

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Will Anderson could be the next Von Miller?? Lets just pick him and roll with Minshew as starter and draft a WR at #35. I am not really serious but what if we went that route haha 

Actually, the only thing I disagree with is how you are not really serious. 

I would definitely consider this route. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would want the Vikings to do that. :)

Btw, I have been so much into NFL free agency that I did not watch a second of the NCAA tournament. Years ago, I would hate to miss anything. One of my favorite was when Indiana beat Duke to go to the Finals with Dane Fife and company. (I forgot their names, Lol. One went to school with two of your fellow forum members.)

I read that the brother of Colts WR Alex Pierce helped upset Arizona. You can never count out Princeton 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Btw, I have been so much into NFL free agency that I did not watch a second of the NCAA tournament. Years ago, I would hate to miss anything. One of my favorite was when Indiana beat Duke to go to the Finals with Dane Fife and company. (I forgot their names, Lol. One went to school with two of your fellow forum members.)

I read that the brother of Colts WR Alex Pierce helped upset Arizona. You can never count out Princeton 

Furman also beat Virginia. Indiana and Purdue both play their games today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Hard to believe that was in 2002, the year Indiana beat Duke. That Duke team was loaded too. Indiana went to the Finals that season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Furman also beat Virginia. Indiana and Purdue both play their games today.

I will watch tonight. 

I heard about Furman. I was not sure where it was located and looked it up. It looks beautiful. That reminds me of the 17th Tee at the Players Championship at Sawgrass, a PGA tournament. 

college-photo_36339.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I will watch tonight. 

I heard about Furman. I was not sure where it was located and looked it up. It looks beautiful. That reminds me of the 17th Tee at the Players Championship at Sawgrass, a PGA tournament. 

South Carolina has some beautiful places. @MB-ColtsFan Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach were beautiful too. 

college-photo_36339.jpg

That looks like a peaceful island I could do this on Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

8 minutes ago, IinD said:

@NFLfan

You missed a great Princeton game yesterday. Read a funny stat, that game alone broke 99.88% of the brackets people have picked.

They literally shocked the world.. Lol

I have Purdue, Alabama, Indiana, and Gonzaga in my final 4. I only got 2 games wrong yesterday (I went 14-2), I did have Arizona = Boooooooo, I had Huggy's West Virginia team beating Maryland as well. They only lost by 2 points but a loss is a loss. Losing 2 games on day 1 is pretty good though. I did pick Furman Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IinD said:

@NFLfan

You missed a great Princeton game yesterday. Read a funny stat, that game alone broke 99.88% of the brackets people have picked.

I should have watched. Unfortunately, my interest has waned. You know WFAN? In my teens and through 30s, I used to sleep with it on, listening to sports radio (except in college, as I did not get a clear signal). I don't follow sports the way I used to. I hope that my interest in football remains. :)

I will watch some college BB tonight. I will check out Princeton tomorrow. I did not fill out brackets. I don't even know who the top teams are. Is Michigan State still a top team? Is Tom Izzo still there. Does Billy Huggins still coach?  My favorite coach who was at Hofstra and then Villanova retired and I really lost interest. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. Depending on what we could get for the #4 pick, I think I would prefer to trade the pick and load up on draft capital this year or next.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

would be better then drafting Levis or Richardson.. Also alot of people want us to take this route if young or stroud are gone.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IinD said:

@NFLfan

Our very own Alex Pierce’s younger brother helped Princeton win that games with clutch free throws at the end.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What is happening here is what I have said would happen if the Colts acquired a RT and forced Smith to play guard.   His agent would quickly ask for a trade.   So I don’t see Smith moving inside unless it’s for an emergency.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

What is happening here is what I have said would happen if the Colts acquired a RT and forced Smith to play guard.   His agent would quickly ask for a trade.   So I don’t see Smith moving inside unless it’s for an emergency.  

Funny you bring it up I was thinking we should draft Skoronski and kick Raiman to RT and put Smith at right gaurd. Leaving Pinter at center

I would have preferred my team signing Robbie Gould instead of Greg Joseph. Gould is so reliable. However, he probably would cost a lot more to sign. 

Anyone interested in OT Taylor Lewan. He is still available as is G Seumalo.