Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

I think it's entirely possible the Colts hold and if at 4 Stroud and Young are gone, they trade back and Minshew starts the entire season with an elingher backup plan, and we draft QB next year.

That's a possibility as well. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

If we could getFA WR DJ chark cheap that would let us focus on QB and Oline early in draft and focus on CB mid and WR later. Chark is a lot like Pierce and Pittman but I would still like to have him. Panthers are trying to get him SMH

I like Chark.   But he won’t be cheap.   And I think his game is similar to Pierce?   I wanted Campbell or Slayton because they’re different than everyone else.  They have more wiggle, more juice.   Maybe Steichen thinks he can bring something out of Dulin?    And I want to save our draft picks for….  QB,  CB, OG, DE,  CBx2,  other spots.   I’m not wild about this WR draft class.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I like Chark.   But he won’t be cheap.   And I think his game is similar to Pierce?   I wanted Campbell or Slayton because they’re different than everyone else.  They have more wiggle, more juice.   Maybe Steichen thinks he can bring something out of Dulin?    And I want to save our draft picks for….  QB,  CB, OG, DE,  CBx2,  other spots.   I’m not wild about this WR draft class.  

We definately should get a QB 2OL 2CB a WR and TE. I think we can suffice at DL LB and S.

1 hour ago, El Potro said:

We still need depth and he is a good teammate that doesn't mind blocking and would be relatively cheap to sign. He's also familiar with Shane and also has stayed healthy most of his career. 

Who fits the explosive bill to you that's still available? 

At the time of the writing, I was hoping for Darius Slayton.   But he’s now signed elsewhere too.   

I understand all the arguments for Pascal.   I want more opportunity for guys like Strachan.  It’s time for the kid to show what he’s got.  It’s Y3 for him.  He needs opportunity.  

57 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still want Lamar, I believe Lamar could save this franchise. He is a top 10 QB in this league and proven Superstar. 

He is only 26 - so not a retread

He wasn't as injured as led on to be last season, he sat out longer to stick to Baltimore - that is my opinion.

He is a former MVP and did I mention he is only 26.

He has Taylor in the backfield, man would that be fun to watch.

How anyone would not like us getting Lamar is mindboggling. They can say injuries but as of now he is 100% healthy.

Back to Minshew - average starter at worse, great backup. I think he is better than Jacoby and I liked Jacoby as a backup.

I am not even a big Lamar fan and I agree with this. 

Putting Lamar in Steichens system along with Taylor?  

Whats the worst thing that can happen? It doesnt work? 

It has a far better chance of working than just drafting a QB just because you need one.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Goatface Killah said:

I am not even a big Lamar fan and I agree with this. 

Putting Lamar in Steichens system along with Taylor?  

Whats the worst thing that can happen? It doesnt work? 

It has a far better chance of working than just drafting a QB just because you need one.

That is my whole thought on it as well. I just look at teams like KC with Mahomes, Cincy with Burrow, and Buffalo with Allen. How can we compete? I do like the Minshew signing but he will probably never be an elite QB, he can win us some games though.

6 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Would be nice to get one vet WR from FA. I think Chark would be 3 to 4 mil a year

Chark is coming off a contract where he was paid 10-11 mill per.   That’s where he’s roughly projected.   He may not get it now, but he should get much more than 3-4m per. 

8 minutes ago, legend300 said:

Hey @Superman what would you do about drafting a QB this year?  

Tell me what happens with the first three picks... 

At this point, I think Stroud and Young will be off the board, and Levis will be the best one left. And I'd be fine with drafting him. I'd also be fine with trading out and picking up a 2024 first. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Superman said:

Tell me what happens with the first three picks... 

At this point, I think Stroud and Young will be off the board, and Levis will be the best one left. And I'd be fine with drafting him. I'd also be fine with trading out and picking up a 2024 first. 

If it comes down to us taking Richardson or Levis, I am taking Richardson. I think he would fit our coach well too. Minshew could even start to begin the season if Rich isn't ready. Rich is the far better athlete compared to Levis and to me he comes off being much more humble after hearing each talk. I want a leader and someone that can decision make + run like the wind.

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Chark is coming off a contract where he was paid 10-11 mill per.   That’s where he’s roughly projected.   He may not get it now, but he should get much more than 3-4m per. 

I think I got an average as a result. Looks like he had 1mil and 10mil int two yrs in Det. So he probably wants 5-7mil at least. I would just like to see us get one starter level vet before draft. Then we can focus on QB OL and CB then WR, maybe TE. I think our DL LB and S are quality enough to wait another season.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If it comes down to us taking Richardson or Levis, I am taking Richardson. I think he would fit our coach well too. Minshew could even start to begin the season if Rich isn't ready. Rich is the far better athlete compared to Levis and to me he comes off being much more humble after hearing each talk. I want a leader and someone that can decision make + run like the wind.

Hooker over Levis or AR for me. He can rest behind Minshew until he is ready. Or stack up on OL this year and get a QB next year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You might regret that if Richardson is as inaccurate as they say. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I think I got an average as a result. Looks like he had 1mil and 10mil int two yrs in Det. So he probably wants 5-7mil at least. I would just like to see us get one starter level vet before draft. Then we can focus on QB OL and CB then WR, maybe TE. I think our DL LB and S are quality enough to wait another season.

Hooker over Levis or AR for me. He can rest behind Minshew until he is ready.

I think Hooker is a possibility in the 2nd round as well. If by chance Anderson falls to 4, we may take him and draft Hooker at 35. It makes sense with the Minshew one-year timeline and his connection with Steichen.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think Hooker is a possibility in the 2nd round as well. If by chance Anderson falls to 4, we may take him and draft Hooker at 35. It makes sense with the Minshew one-year timeline and his connection with Steichen.

I can be talked into or out of any of the top 5 QBs...I have a feeling Ballard and CO. Rate them as even and will sit at 4.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see the two very differently than you do. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

This is a poor take.  Last year was the only year he wasn’t injured.  And when he’s finally healthy the new poster boy receiver comes in in Pierce.  Our new deep threat.  They never even tried to target Campbell deep.  We didn’t have a quarterback who could hit anyone deep regardless even if they had the time which they didn’t.   Good grief.  Zach you don’t know what you’re talking about.  You look like a Shane apologist.  

Yep, it is a poor take. It took Foles vs Giants to throw it up to Parris and he came down with a deep one. Anyone remember? :) 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I think it's entirely possible the Colts hold and if at 4 Stroud and Young are gone, they trade back and Minshew starts the entire season with an elingher backup plan, and we draft QB next year.

That's a possibility as well. 

This is what I am thinking. This would be very Ballard