Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He wasn't as injured as he led on last year. The injury he had (said by doctors) heals normally in 3 weeks. He sat out for much longer to stick it to Baltimore IMO, think outside the box and look at everything. Up until 2021 he was never injured. He wants a contract and if he could play with a RB like Taylor that would take a huge load off him even running. Sooner or later we have to take a chance somewhere. Do you want to just stay stand pat and play all these average to bad QB's for the next 2 or 3 years and stink, I don't. After a while a guy can only have so much patience. 

Yeah but Lamar is a 2 1st round pick, 45 million a year fully guaranteed mistake. Ain’t no way

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I actually love this signing tbh. Used him a lot in single game slates on Fanduel and Draftkings. Very good kicker. Kicker has cost us a lot of games in recent memory. This guy is a solid kicker IMO. 

This is actually surprising to me. Chase did a great job for us, why are we doing this

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

This is actually surprising to me. Chase did a great job for us, why are we doing this

Gay is probably the best kicker in the NFL right now. He was also on our practice squad before so Ballard remembers him. If we are set at K, then it's fine to me. This is a player that can get us a couple wins. I always thought of trading a pick for Justin Tucker and if it was a good idea, this is the next best thing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

We all complained that Frank & Ballard refused to take the kicker position seriously. 

We should be ecstatic. We would have made the playoffs two of the years we finished 8-8 had we had a good kicker 

• Like 2

Just now, Colts1324 said:

We all complained that Frank & Ballard refused to take the kicker position seriously. 

We should be ecstatic. We would have made the playoffs two of the years we finished 8-8 had we had a good kicker 

Maybe could've won a playoff game?

Maybe not even in the position of that playoff game had we made ONE FG against the Ravens lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Maybe could've won a playoff game?

Maybe not even in the position of that playoff game had we made ONE FG against the Ravens lol

This too. Lol & he is only 28, so he could be our kicker the next 8-10 years

• Like 1

I made a post on another subject last week about filling 5 positions of need from draft or free agents On the O line we need a right guard or a great left tackle moving smith to guard and raimann to tackle Our guys do not get league minimum they are great players who lack coaching or effort Look at the Bengals bills playoff Bengals line is not probowl level but pushed the bills around all game

1 hour ago, Colts1324 said:

I’m only surprised cause I thought chase did very well for us.  And at the salary cost. 

• Like 1

Gay vs. Chase?  No contest Gay every time.  Chase was good last year no doubt but he is a journeyman.  Signed off the street who has bounced around a lot.  How can people whine and nit pick when we just signed one of the best kickers in the league? It’s not like we spent a fortune on this player.  It will finally be relaxing again when we are setting up for a field goal instead of crossing my fingers and looking away.  This is a great value signing if you ask me.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'd be shocked if we didn't cut Matt Ryan today. Now we need the cap space after signing Speed back and Gay. The only other alternative IMO is to cut Kelly and MAC. I expect one or the other to happen pretty quickly now.

Plot twist. They don't actually cut Matt Ryan and his remaining $17M or whatever becomes gtd. I would be here for that chaos.

Just now, richard pallo said:

Gay vs. Chase?  No contest Gay every time.  Chase was good last year no doubt but he is a journeyman.  Signed off the street who has bounced around a lot.  How can people whine and nit pick when we just signed one of the best kickers in the league? It’s not like we spent a fortune on this player.  It will finally be relaxing again when we are setting up for a field goal instead of crossing my fingers and looking away.  This is a great value signing if you ask me.  

To me, it's just fun signing the best K in FA. It gives your team a unique strength over everyone else. It also fills a need, which is what FA is about. What would people rather have, a 7th round K or UDFA from the draft?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So I guess this is why rodgers to Jeff isn’t official. He wanted one of his favorite WR to come along.

If Lazard is going to the NYJ, then I would assume Rodgers is as well.

Wonder if the NYJ would be willing to trade Elijah Moore. Would love to get him cheap.

Just now, shasta519 said:

If Lazard is going to the NYJ, then I would assume Rodgers is as well.

Wonder if the NYJ would be willing to trade Elijah Moore. Would love to get him cheap.

I'd trade a 5th for Moore. That'd solve our WR problem and we could focus on other positions in the draft.

Just now, DoubleE Colt said:

You have to wonder why they haven't realised him already don't you! 

I feel like they could have done it without much fanfare right at the beginning of FA, as everybody was expecting.

But now people are starting to wonder why he isn't cut. And if they still cut him, now there are likely going to be questions about why they waited, especially since that is cap space that could be used right now.

Should have been a nothing burger at the start of FA, but now it's starting to become interesting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Zach keefer just said colts have not made a decision on Matt Ryan lol. That’s what he gathers from talking to people inside colts.

He has got some compromising pictures of Irsay, lol :) 

If they bring back Matt Ryan, most Colts fans won't be flocking to buy tickets, I can tell you that. Maybe we need a petition for this too, lol haha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He has got some compromising pictures of Irsay, lol :) 

If they bring back Matt Ryan, most Colts fans won't be flocking to buy tickets, I can tell you that. Maybe we need a petition for this too, lol haha

No doubt if he is willing backup a rookie he would be good with that but not at that price. Colt fans will revolt if they have to watch him play and Richardson sit on the bench.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Keefer talking about getting a vet in case a rookie isn’t ready to play. It really does no good to switch quarterbacks halfway through the season. We are done with rotating quarterbacks. I might take a year off.

Sounds like A.) We want Richardson and B.) We are thinking of sitting him in year 1. I'd be done this year as well if that happened.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'd trade a 5th for Moore. That'd solve our WR problem and we could focus on other positions in the draft.

I doubt it would be that low of a price tag. Moore was balling out as a rookie before getting hurt. And then Garret Wilson showed up last season and he took a backseat.

If they trade him, I am guessing it's for a Day 2 pick. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Sounds like A.) We want Richardson and B.) We are thinking of sitting him in year 1. I'd be done this year as well if that happened.

Id be totally ok with sitting Richardson for a year behind Minshew if we got him. Minshew would start but bc of Richardson skill set hed still play in packages. Would still get experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Zach keefer just said colts have not made a decision on Matt Ryan lol. That’s what he gathers from talking to people inside colts. Does not make sense financially at all.

Financial. Football. Makes no sense on any level.

• Like 1

Just now, krunk said:

Id be totally ok with sitting Richardson for a year behind Minshew if we got him. Minshew would start but bc of Richardson skill set hed still play in packages. Would still get experience.

Minshew would be much better than Ryan and Foles. I'm just starting to get scared we will keep Ryan and/or Foles as the veteran option(s) for our franchise QB. 

Stuff like this shouldn't be happening! What kind of GM runs a football team this way!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

I doubt it would be that low of a price tag. Moore was balling out as a rookie before getting hurt. And then Garret Wilson showed up last season and he took a backseat.

If they trade him, I am guessing it's for a Day 2 pick. 

If it's a Day 2 pick, then I'm signing Meyers in FA, or drafting a WR that fits the team and coach's needs instead.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Minshew would be much better than Ryan and Foles. I'm just starting to get scared we will keep Ryan and/or Foles as the veteran option(s) for our franchise QB. 

Stuff like this shouldn't be happening! What kind of GM runs a football team this way!

We know how Ballard moves. They will release him. I know bc Ballard was non commital. I followed his word usage. Hed have worded it another way if they had plans to keep him. I think Ballard is focused on re-signing guys right now. He will get to it.

• Like 1