Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coaching staff is finalized

Superman

https://www.colts.com/news/2023-coaching-staff-reggie-wayne-jim-bob-cooter-gus-bradley-shane-steichen

New coaches in bold. Everyone else is returning. A couple of returning coaches had slight title changes/added responsibilities. The defensive staff is basically the exact same.

Shane Steichen Head Coach

Gus Bradley Defensive Coordinator

Jim Bob Cooter Offensive Coordinator

Brian Mason Special Teams Coordinator

Brian Bratton Offensive Quality Control - Wide Receivers

Zane Fakes Assistant Strength and Conditioning

Joe Hastings Assistant Special Teams

Richard Howell Head Strength and Conditioning

TJ Ingels Assistant to the Head Coach

Brent Jackson Defensive Quality Control

Rusty Jones Director of Sports Performance

Cato June Assistant Linebackers

Sam Khym Functional Movement Therapist/Conditioning

Tom Manning Tight Ends

Doug McKenney Applied Sports Science/Conditioning

Ron Milus Defensive Backs

Mike Mitchell Assistant Defensive Backs

Nate Ollie Defensive Line

Matt Raich Assistant Defensive Line

DeAndre Smith Running Backs

Richard Smith Linebackers/Run Game Coordinator

Tony Sparano Jr. Offensive Line

Cam Turner Quarterbacks

Chris Watt Assistant Offensive Line

Reggie Wayne Wide Receivers

As far as I can tell….  The following new coaches are under 40.   

Steichen.   HC

Cooter.       OC

Turner.        QB

Sparano.     OL

Watts.         OL2

Mason.        ST

Hastings.     ST2

I don’t know if this is good or bad or a little of both?    Just noting it.    We may know more in a year.   My biggest concern are the two OL coaches.  Both are young and don’t have a lot of experience.   Coming off the year the Colts just had,  it certainly gets my attention. 

27 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

As far as I can tell….  The following new coaches are under 40.   

Steichen.   HC

Cooter.       OC

Turner.        QB

Sparano.     OL

Watts.         OL2

Mason.        ST

Hastings.     ST2

I don’t know if this is good or bad or a little of both?    Just noting it.    We may know more in a year.   My biggest concern are the two OL coaches.  Both are young and don’t have a lot of experience.   Coming off the year the Colts just had,  it certainly gets my attention. 

My guess is we’re attempting to modernize our offensive approach. With Reich we were pretty old school at times. Shane is also quite young so it makes sense that he’s chosen colleagues who are similar to him in that regard. 

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

My guess is we’re attempting to modernize our offensive approach. With Reich we were pretty old school at times. Shane is also quite young so it makes sense that he’s chosen colleagues who are similar to him in that regard. 

Hopefully this is true.   Nothing will make me happier if this is true.   I’m not predicting anything bad is going to happen.   I’m only saying this will be one area that I pay very close attention to. 

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Any else a bit bummed we didn’t change out strength and conditioning coaches? We are near the top of the league every year in injuries it feels like.

No, Rusty is still involved and he's legendary league wide.....  We have injuries, but it only seems like more because you follow the team more than others I think.  

I wonder how much our turf causes problems.  It's crap if you've ever been on it, compared to some of the new hi tech surfaces especially 

17 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Pretty strong staff. Mix of young and old football minds. Also saw the graphics of them, and the staff is very diverse as well.

I hope so, but at this point we do not know if that is true.  We have a head coach who has never been a head coach.  We have many "potentially" good coaches on the team.   They may succeed or they may fail.  

20 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

No, Rusty is still involved and he's legendary league wide.....  We have injuries, but it only seems like more because you follow the team more than others I think.  

I wonder how much our turf causes problems.  It's crap if you've ever been on it, compared to some of the new hi tech surfaces especially 

^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Archived