Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Maybe Stroud is getting honest feedback back and  that he needs more time in college. All the draft guys  have him going in the top 10 or even top 5.. Who knows maybe the NFL has him graded as  a  second rounder.

2nd rounder? Some mocks have him going 1st.

2 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

2nd rounder? Some mocks have him going 1st.

I  have no idea what round he is truly graded as. However if he is a top 5 pick why would he stay jn school? The draft of qbs is suppose to be stronger.  If he stays in school it tells me that Mayocma and Kipers have him way over valued.   When I watched the tape on Stroud, I came  away totally  unimpressed.  If u watch, he totally locks on his 1st read and stays with it. That will never work in the NFL  and that is the history of Ohio qbs.  I  have been on record that the only  qb i would take a chance on is Levi  nd it isn't close.

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You don’t know if any of these guys will be mediocre. Levis is farther ahead then even Allen was because of completion in the SEC. His completion percentage is even way better then Allen’s coming out of college.

I'm more worried about his recklessness with the ball and that he averaged almost an interception per game.

Not sure what Allen has to do with any of this. 

I just see this as a mostly mediocre QB draft class. And during those times, the few QBs out there to be drafted get built up and have their 'legends' grow. Just like the year Darnold and Rosen were drafted. I think Levis is the beneficiary of this thing that happens right now.

Of course, if the Colts draft him, I'll root for him to succeed as much as anyone on this forum. 

But right now I just don't think he's the guy to lead us to Championships. I just don't see him as the guy to give up too much to try and secure his pick.

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just remember there are things the colts see when talking to these quarterbacks that we as fans don’t get to hear. They have a lot more information. If  he is a guy you want at four you think he is a franchise guy so so what you have to to get them. You don’t want Texans to be forced to take Levis at 2 if someone else trades up for young. Then your left dry if stroud doesn’t declare. If stroud does declare and colts don’t have a preference between Levis or him then you stay at 4 and take the one that is left. 

Yes and if they don't draft one with 4.  Remem

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think Ballard cares what anyone else think if he picks Levis. All he cares about is if Levis can help colts win games and get them over the hump. He trusts his evaluators.

Maybe they don’t want to give up that second first. 

Yes and if they don't draft one with 4.  Remember this before you freak out 

2 minutes ago, Pelt said:

I'm more worried about his recklessness with the ball and that he averaged almost an interception per game.

Not sure what Allen has to do with any of this. 

I just see this as a mostly mediocre QB draft class. And during those times, the few QBs out there to be drafted get built up and have their 'legends' grow. Just like the year Darnold and Rosen were drafted. I think Levis is the beneficiary of this thing that happens right now.

Of course, if the Colts draft him, I'll root for him to succeed as much as anyone on this forum. 

But right now I just don't think he's the guy to lead us to Championships. I just don't see him as the guy to give up too much to try and secure his pick.

Because if you want a comp for Levis it’s Allen. His crazy arm angle throws ect. It’s nuts. 

Just now, richard pallo said:

Maybe it’s not a weak quarterback class after all.

Texans are afraid of losing their choice at QB. I am sure they will get clarity after the combine. But I don’t think they have to worry if they want young. 

One reason I wonder that could keep stroud in school is agents telling him he might be the third QB taken.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I really do think Levis could have us in the same situation as Pickett had Steelers. 9-8 and a chance to make playoffs as a rookie would be pretty good. Like Pickett Levi’s is slightly older. Just depends how much they have to gut the defense to get to that 1st pick if that is what they do.

I think Levis has a Higher ceiling than Pickett.

If they do want Levis, it's smart to put it out there.  If the Texans want Young or Stroud, they won't try to outbid you.  If another team is happy with either Stroud or Young, they will look to Arizona.

If you want to guarantee it and lock it in, this might be the cheapest way.

Ballard came into Indy with a mantra football is won in the trenches. I see this now more than ever. I've seen so many lowered pick QBs succeed because the team around them and oline and coaches are getting it done. I truly believe out first pick should be the best Tackle on the board. Give our QBs a fighting chance. And bring in a HC and OC that know to use they're guys to be effective. We try to forced a pocket passing scheme when we can't even hold a pocket. Build that front back up with young cheap talent and make the overpaid vets earn their spots and show some damn pride...

14 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Maybe it’s not a weak quarterback class after all.

I think its a strong QB class.

Young and Stroud  should be at the least starters. Levis has the arm, size, and mobility and could develop to be best in class. And there's Richardson from Florida who has Boom or Bust written all over him....but Wow what a arm and athleticism! He's Raw and has little experience so it will probably take time for him to develop cerebrally and learn to throw more accurately, if ever. But what a high ceiling he has.

And then there's Hooker who will be out until '24. I haven't seen him yet but he was top prospect before being injured. 

I think this class will easily be better than the class that Josh Allen came out in, which was very highly touted but became disappointing except for Allen.

And I think Bennett and Duggan will become serviceable backups. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

How did 31 teams miss?

i dont think he is playing super impressive though .  he is averaging like 200 yards passing a game with a absolute elite offensive line running game and wrs .    along with the best defense in football i think with jimmy g they would have the same record .   elite talent and coaching matters .     

i would have to see what purdy looks like with a average line wrs and having to throw 40 times to win a game .

Seems like a QB like purdy and Jimmy g fit this offense perfectly. Lance is a totally different QB so I could see why he might not fit what weapons they have on this offense. They would have to kind of redo this offensive scheme to get lance to work.

They need to get Purdy out of this game of just run the ball before he gets hurt.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Seems like a QB like purdy and Jimmy g fit this offense perfectly. Lance is a totally different QB so I could see why he might not fit what weapons they have on this offense. They would have to kind of redo this offensive scheme to get lance to work.

They need to get Purdy out of this game of just run the ball before he gets hurt.

some teams are so well built they can win without elite QB play  the broncos in 2015 made brock osweiler look good and fooled teams into gifting him a big contract .     its rare though but i would need to see purdy carry the 49ers we will see when they play a better offense

21 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Like I was saying, it's not where the QB is drafted its what's in place around them. Start with the trenches, then add a WR and TE. 

Yeah we need a QB but he needs a LT and a really good one... if you have the right coaches and coordinators and system it just takes a QB that is Hungry to win and willing to listen. We need a system and scheme that fit our players and a QB with the a skill set that matches that system.

25 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Like I was saying, it's not where the QB is drafted its what's in place around them. Start with the trenches, then add a WR and TE. 

Let's not act like the Niners aren't loaded with talent on sides of the ball.

2 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Me too; just will drive price up.

Maybe that is their purpose. Maybe they know Texans want young. So force them to give up a bunch of picks.

Thst trade isn’t far fetched. The FA WR market is bad. There was whispers pittmans brother said he wanted out. We probably won’t sign both Pittman and Taylor. This is the time where receivers get traded when they are close to signing a extension.

Listened to a discussion from Rookie Scouting Portfolio’s Matt Waldman. He did an in depth comparison of Will Levi’s and Anthony Richardson. In short, he thought Levi’s was much more of an NFL project than Richardson. He felt Levi’s is currently over-hyped based on his size and physical traits. He felt Levis’s NFL comparable was Trubisky and Blaine Gabbert. He also thought Richardson sees the field and defensive alignments at a much higher level than Levi’s. Waldman also spoke of Levis’s accuracy issues with wide open receivers. He had Richardson’s comp at Ben Roethlisberger and Steve McNair.  He sees a night and day difference in the NFL projection of these two quarterbacks.

Archived