Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

Just now, J@son said:

Learn how to put context to your jokes. :P  There's enough stupidity posted on the internet that it gets to be difficult distinguishing between that and someone joking.  :td:

imagine telling someone what they should and shouldn't find funny.

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, J@son said:

imagine having zero reading comprehension because that's not at all what I said.

Learn how to put context to your jokes.   There's enough stupidity posted on the internet that it gets to be difficult distinguishing between that and someone joking. "

-Jason with the mask on

6 hours ago, Nickster said:

Just to get this straight.  You think there was a conspiracy at the combine to have Hurts weigh more than he did?

The number of people inside the NFL and out (docs, weight certification people, etc.) would have been astounding.  My Grandpa always claimed that the lunar landings were fake.  He said he'd seen landscape like that down by Paducah.

@ShuteAt168can confirm that Louden Swain beat the weigh ins before squaring up with Brian Schute.  Cootz told him to "Think Light" and it worked. 

Maybe Hurts thought heavy?

Ha ha! My favorite sports movie ever. “You’re out there now — you gotta go for all the answers.” 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

Learn how to put context to your jokes.   There's enough stupidity posted on the internet that it gets to be difficult distinguishing between that and someone joking. "

-Jason with the mask on

Do you understand it better now that you've read it a second time?

Do you not like the mask? Should I change my avatar to this?

image.png.7f7721e0edb78bc604a227a3a8a5f8ca.png

9 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Call me crazy, but I've wanted Levis since the day we knew the draft order (Before, actually)...so the only thing Stroud staying in school would bother me about, is that we may have to trade up for Levis instead of staying at #4... honestly, even though people on this board seem to think he will be no good, we may have to trade up to get Levis even if Stroud IS in the draft.

I'm sorry. The guy just screams Daniel Jones to me. 

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I'm sorry. The guy just screams Daniel Jones to me. 

I dont seem many things in common between the two, myself.

Levis has the best arm in the draft...has the best size in the draft...is the most mobile...has already played in an NFL style offense for a year (last year) in the toughest conference in college football, on a bad team, and put up better #s in college than Josh Allen and Brett Favre and loads of other top NFL QBs past and present.

I personally dont see anything special about a QB that plays on a loaded team, where his first read is wide open every play, because they have a top o line and NFL WRs every year (Ohio State and Alabama).  Makes it hard to fairly judge such QBs as they play inferior teams each week and have it pretty easy as a result... Top D, so they're always playing with the lead also

10 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

I dont seem many things in common between the two, myself.

Levis has the best arm in the draft...has the best size in the draft...is the most mobile...has already played in an NFL style offense for a year (last year) in the toughest conference in college football, on a bad team, and put up better #s in college than Josh Allen and Brett Favre and loads of other top NFL QBs past and present.

I personally dont see anything special about a QB that plays on a loaded team, where his first read is wide open every play, because they have a top o line and NFL WRs every year (Ohio State and Alabama).  Makes it hard to fairly judge such QBs as they play inferior teams each week and have it pretty easy as a result... Top D, so they're always playing with the lead also

And what's special about a guy thats only thrown 3000 yards once?

14 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Giants are pleased with Jones now that he has a real coaching staff. They will sign him to an extension this year.

If the Giants actually liked Jones progression, they would given the fifth year option. They didn't.

4 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Wanna bet? I'm saying he will get a new contract with the Giants.

Course he will now because they made the playoffs. Doesn't change the fact they didn't offer him the fifth year option initially 

32 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

And many of us see Josh Allen.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

And you're banking on that being his ceiling which is a 120 ft floor ceiling because if we're being honest the Bills got extremely lucky. This Josh Allen wasn't even a thing until year 3 to year 4. 

1 hour ago, AustinnKaine said:

sure, could be horrible. could be great. you have no idea and neither do I.

I don't care who we take TBH.  History shows its a complete gamble.  No one knows what any of these guys will turn into. 

if it were up to me, Levis would be off the table just based off the mayo in his coffee.  But thats me being picky. 

I disagree he can eat how he wants.If I believe he is good id take him

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

I see josh Allen especially his 2021 tape

See my comment about that

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

So what. New coaching staff wanted to evaluate 

You think Jones would still be in New York if they didn't make the playoffs?

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

See my comment about that

You think Jones would still be in New York if they didn't make the playoffs?

Probably not. Levis was actually more accurate than Allen in college. Completing 65 and 66 percent of passes isnt bad and the team around him was average at best

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Stroud not declaring would make this draft, and the next, take a real weird turn. 

Can’t say I saw even raising that possibility coming, so I’m going to assume nothing at this point. 

I agree. It would make next years draft more loaded

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

They did and he has played well and the Giants like him....so why speculate.

Because clearly the Giants weren't sold on him and that's my point. You guys wanna see Allen and perhaps Levis can be Allen, but you're betting on an extremely high ceiling. The Bills bless their patience couldn't even fathom the pot of gold they fell into.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Because clearly the Giants weren't sold on him and that's my point. You guys wanna see Allen and perhaps Levis can be Allen, but you're betting on an extremely high ceiling. The Bills bless their patience couldn't even fathom the pot of gold they fell into.

You and I were talking about Jones and the Giants. Not sure what Allen and the Bills have anything to do with that conversation.

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

If I’m not mistaken the Bills made two trades to move up and get him.  

Just now, richard pallo said:

If I’m not mistaken the Bills made two trades to move up and get him.  

I believe so to initially get to the top 10 then to 7, but this version of Josh Allen was nothing to his first few years in the NFL. He was a QB that can run and occasionally can complete a pass. People viewed him more like Tim Tebow in the beginning.

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

You and I were talking about Jones and the Giants. Not sure what Allen and the Bills have anything to do with that conversation.

One of the posters mentions they see Allen not Jones.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

I believe so to initially get to the top 10 then to 7, but this version of Josh Allen was nothing to his first few years in the NFL. He was a QB that can run and occasionally can complete a pass. People viewed him more like Tim Tebow in the beginning.

One of the posters mentions they see Allen not Jones.

Allen really didn’t explode until they traded for Diggs.  Then he took off.  Josh runs many times by design.  Levis when necessary.  I hope it stays that way.

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

True but alken was only completing 56 percent of his passes in college compared to 65 from Levis. I think Levis is less raw than Allen when he came out.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Allen really didn’t explode until they traded for Diggs.  Then he took off.  Josh runs many times by design.  Levis when necessary.  I hope it stays that way.

I agree. Most qbs need decent weapons to be good. If they have elite weapons and suck then they a bust.

I hope Stroud declares for this years draft so that we have a better chance of him or Levi’s being there at 4. I don’t really care for Young. In the early stages of the draft process Levi’s has been considered the top QB so I don’t understand the hate on him. He’s been pretty good all around and has great tools to improve on. I think Stroud could be very accurate once coaching gets a hold of him and helps with the reads and slowing everything down for him. Both have great potential. I also really like Hendon Hooker and am on record saying I would love him here. After his injury I’m not sure when he would be ready so we might need someone else for a short stint. 

2 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I hope Stroud declares for this years draft so that we have a better chance of him or Levi’s being there at 4. I don’t really care for Young. In the early stages of the draft process Levi’s has been considered the top QB so I don’t understand the hate on him. He’s been pretty good all around and has great tools to improve on. I think Stroud could be very accurate once coaching gets a hold of him and helps with the reads and slowing everything down for him. Both have great potential. I also really like Hendon Hooker and am on record saying I would love him here. After his injury I’m not sure when he would be ready so we might need someone else for a short stint. 

Colts are in deep crap if he doesn’t declare. There are going to be a lot of teams not wanting young. Texans very well may be one of them. If they have to fight Texans for Levis they are in trouble because Texans also has the 12th pick. I do not want young. 

i was watching pff  podcast they said stroud is ranked 130 against pressure and has a 30 QB rating .    they think he falls in the draft , i dont know how true that is because i dont watch a lot of college games .    if its true give me will levis who ranks way better under pressure and throwing off balance

11 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I like hooker as well. I think his age and the injury will make him fall. He has great ball placement

14 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i was watching pff  podcast they said stroud is ranked 130 against pressure and has a 30 QB rating .    they think he falls in the draft , i dont know how true that is because i dont watch a lot of college games .    if its true give me will levis who ranks way better under pressure and throwing off balance

He won’t fall. He helped himself a ton in that Georgia game.  That was as close to playing a nfl defense he will get until he gets to the NFL.

20 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts are in deep crap if he doesn’t declare. There are going to be a lot of teams not wanting young. Texans very well may be one of them. If they have to fight Texans for Levis they are in trouble because Texans also has the 12th pick. I do not want young. 

I think the Colts  will be left with crap when they pick. Levi will probably be  gone. No one is picking Young with the 1st pick. He could slide big time.

Archived