Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Colts at Giants Post Game thoughts

EastStreet

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

Difficult People Reaction GIF by HULU

he’s laughing all the way to the bank.  He’s a shell of his former self probably back related  but genius Ballard had to extend him to that albatross.  

he’s bang average these last 2 seasons,

That's why I am not  in a hurry to get a qb. Honestly  let's play out next year. Draft besr player  in 2023 and see who we can cut  in  2024 . We need to get guys like Nelson  and Leonard  off the books and then seriously look at adding talent.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Quenton Nelson looked awful. Lawrence absolutely bullied him today. 

Almost every so called “elite” player has underperformed this season. I can’t think that another does of Ballard or Saturday is going to change anything.

Gilmore’s been a stud.  But other than that , yeah.

10 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

How can anyone watch this team and say the issues were solely qb and Frank? It's a damn disaster. There are people much smarter than me and I can acknowledge that  but damn I was so right about this team. First we heard once Frank was gone the Oline and  once would get better.  U can look at this  team and I believe .are the argument that he did a lot with not much. Tell me please, I beg u. Where r the game changers on this offence?  I cannot name one player  on this offence that is worth keeping. Not one!!! I bet we we get a rookie qb and  win like three games the  narrative wil switch to something else. This team

has lost faith  in ownership and the front  office and that is truly disturbing.

There are people much smarter than me and I can acknowledge that but damn that is truly disturbing...    that you are still here. 

YOU are Fired!! 

35 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Bengals were 2-14 the year before taking Joe Cool and 6-10 before that. That’s pretty “nothing.” Chase was taken after Joe B. and Higgins in the same draft as Joe. Get the QB right and things turn around quickly. And before anyone chimes in, I’m not saying there’s a Joe B in this draft. There are at least three QBs who could be very good. If the Colts don’t get one, it will be a massive massive failure. 

By saying that getting the QB right and things turn around quickly...do you expect a QB to carry a team made up of scrubs?  I assume not.  So the question is, How good does the talent around the QB need to be?

I'm pointing out that Burrow has a lot better talent around him than any QB we get will have around him...barring some significant roster shifting.  

Do you think we can just get a great QB and expect it to turn the Colts around like Burrow did with the Bengals, I don't think so.

Just now, Nickster said:

I think we are all going to be disappointed for a while man.  We are likely to be 5th in the draft and I think people will trade up to get these 3 QBs.

If we h it at QB we could reach mediocrity again in a couple years but we are an obviously badly constructed football team.

Maybe. But I'm good with a rocky year in 23 with a rook QB learning (as long the OL issues are addressed). 

Not sure we'll need to move up much...

Right now, it's (draft order)

Texans - take a QB, likely Young

Bears - won't take QB. Likely stay there, and take the best DL

Cards - doubt they take a QB. They need a DL too big time

Broncos - doubt they take a QB (can't afford to). Probably trade back. IMO, several teams could move up for DL. Or QB... 

Colts - I like Stroud for Indy... But they could move up (doubt it), but more likely take the best QB left (Stroud, Levis, etc.)... 

Panthers, Rams, and Falcons could jump Indy with losses and an Indy win. Detroit has Rams pick, but Goff did good this year... ATL likely gives Ridder a chance. Panthers likely go QB. 

Or, Indy could go with Carr. Doubt it, but wouldn't cost much IMO. LVR already announced they are moving on, so leverage is reduced. LVR could also move up for a QB. 

Regardless, we have good pieces. If you go one by one (personnel), it's not horrible. Not great, but not horrible. A real HC (not interim) with a new scheme could make a difference. 

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

By saying that getting the QB right and things turn around quickly...do you expect a QB to carry a team made up of scrubs?  I assume not.  So the question is, How good does the talent around the QB need to be?

I'm pointing out that Burrow has a lot better talent around him than any QB we get will have around him...barring some significant roster shifting.  

Do you think we can just get a great QB and expect it to turn the Colts around like Burrow did with the Bengals, I don't think so.

Yeah there is something deeply wrong with this  team. It is beyond Frank, play calling and the qb.

We have many pieces in place BUT also have many holes. Have JT and Moss seems to be a very good 2nd RB. Pittman and Pierce a nice 1-2 going forward but need a 3,4,5 (Campbell staying healthy all years shocked us all safe to say but does he return ? ). We have a very good young TE room with Granson,Woods,Ogletree and Kalinic. We have an ascending LT in Rainman and Smith has been good with all the mess around him. Can Q bounce back and what do we do at Center ?

Buckner,Stewart,Paye and Dayo is a very top end D Line, hope Yannick returns. Leonard IF healthy makes our Linebacker room elite. Gilmore looked solid all year,Mcleoad had a very good year,Rodgers looks like a keeper and Thomas far exceeded expect ions and will be a starter for years. 

Haack was a great pick up for when we got him, Sanchez hopefully returns but that spot will be a battle. Chase had a bad miss today BUT overall more then held his own.

Flowers one of the best Kickoff returners in the NFL already (Best avg in the league but not enough yo qualify for the title).

Whoever is the coach next year walks into a situation where a quick turn around is very likely.

23 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Lol you’re avoiding the question. Why fire him if there was no benefit? Eval can happen without firing mid season.

Who is going to eval with Frank there... especially if Irsay made his mind up on Frank. 

lol. 

When it happened, I specifically said eval was the priority, not winning games. Nothing changes. 

26 minutes ago, KB said:

Ive been wondering this too. I do think Frank would of been able to rally the team at the end of the year and we would of been out of position to get a QB. Frank always started the season slow then picked it up mid season once he figured out his team's strengths. Something he should of known in the offseason.

I said this earlier that maybe that’s why they didn’t turn to Foles when Ryan got hurt. Was Irsay trying to fire Reich so he  needed them to be bad. Reich would of had them a few more wins.

Just now, EastStreet said:

Who is going to eval with Frank there... especially if Irsay made his mind up on Frank. 

lol. 

When it happened, I specifically said eval was the priority, not winning games. Nothing changes. 

Saturday can’t eval unless Frank was fired? Hahahahaha

So let me get this right. Jeff can only evaluate players once franks is gone because what, of his playcalling or scheme? Then they turn around and keep the same scheme?

You realize this makes zero sense right? Lol

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Maybe. But I'm good with a rocky year in 23 with a rook QB learning (as long the OL issues are addressed). 

Broncos - doubt they take a QB (can't afford to). Probably trade back. IMO, several teams could move up for DL. Or QB... 

Colts - I like Stroud for Indy... But they could move up (doubt it), but more likely take the best QB left (Stroud, Levis, etc.)... 

Panthers, Rams, and Falcons could jump Indy with losses and an Indy win. Detroit has Rams pick, but Goff did good this year... ATL likely gives Ridder a chance. Panthers likely go QB. 

Or, Indy could go with Carr. Doubt it, but wouldn't cost much IMO. LVR already announced they are moving on, so leverage is reduced. LVR could also move up for a QB. 

Regardless, we have good pieces. If you go one by one (personnel), it's not horrible. Not great, but not horrible. A real HC (not interim) with a new scheme could make a difference. 

Fell in love with Stroud yesterday.  You’ve probably seen me post I don’t do much CFB but yesterday was a lot of fun.   I think a good QB could help us reach mediocrity in a couple years but that’s it. 

this d is not bad but it’s not good either.  I thought it would be exposed these last 4 and it has and that is being charitable IMO.  

every team has good pieces.  It’s the NFL.  But I don’t think we have anyone anywhere other than an old Gilmore that is exceeding draft and/or salary capital.  We have a few guys that are living up to value, but most of our guys are playing way below the capital used to get them here.

Yeah there is something deeply wrong with this  team. It is beyond Frank, play calling and the qb.

We look classless.  

1 hour ago, bluephantom87 said:

Repeat after me.... We are STUCK with Ballard!! He is a "great" gm. He has assembled a great defense that gets "gassed" at times. Our offense is stellar. We have three good qbs on our roster. We WILL eventually win the division under his guidance. Ballard will have a WINNING record at SOME point! This is NOT a train wreck unfolding right before your eyes and it's a MIRAGE that this team will probably fall to being ranked DEAD LAST in the league but in Ballard we trust.... :facepalm:

And don't forget, "Saturday is a leader of men" and "Ballard is a great talent evaluator" haha

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Come on, I said a good young QB along with some “savvy moves” can turn a team around in my earlier post. No * thinks the job is over when you draft the QB and I think you know that. 

1 minute ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Come on, I said a good young QB along with some “savvy moves” can turn a team around in my earlier post. No * thinks the job is over when you draft the QB and I think you know that. 

I remember years ago  Dungy talked bout surrounding a young player with talent and  that it was needed to make a  young qb  grow and be successful long  term. That is why I am not all in  on drafting a qb this year. I want the pieces in place  first. We need to get this Oline fixed a d fast. We need  talent at wr. I said it  before.  I would keep  Campbell and Pierce.  I let Taylor play out his deal. I do the same for Pittman.

21 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

IMO, its an attitude that speaks to them not being a team anymore.  Why, because they expect a huge shake up and nobody knows who is going to be on this team long term or where their next job will be next season.  

That attitude started late last season and continued when they saw other AFC teams get better than the Colts did.   The offseason in the AFC was about the Haves vs the Have-Nots, and when it was apparent in preseason that they were going to be in the Have-Not group, its was tough for Frank to hold it together.   It was a matter of time before it fell apart, and you could see the angiush on Frank's face get worse every week as he realized the team was moving to a different attitude.

Nobody cares who the HC is now or what he says.  The players know that they could all possibly be short timers.  It a different attitude than going into an offseason building on the previous year.  That didn't happen this past offseason relative to the competitors.

8 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Fell in love with Stroud yesterday.  You’ve probably seen me post I don’t do much CFB but yesterday was a lot of fun.   I think a good QB could help us reach mediocrity in a couple years but that’s it. 

this d is not bad but it’s not good either.  I thought it would be exposed these last 4 and it has and that is being charitable IMO.  

every team has good pieces.  It’s the NFL.  But I don’t think we have anyone anywhere other than an old Gilmore that is exceeding draft and/or salary capital.  We have a few guys that are living up to value, but most of our guys are playing way below the capital used to get them here.

We look classless.  

Hate to tell you tis but  I have fallen  in love with many actresses on TV like u have fallen in love with Stroud.  However, I know deep down if I took them home they would just end it being  a lot  of work and not meeting my expectations lol

9 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Okay, but your original post to me sort of made the assumption that I was saying the QB isn't the most important component.  It is, but getting Joe Burrow on this team is not going to turn it into the Bengals unless similar moves are made also.  JMO.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

IMO, its an attitude that speaks to them not being a team anymore. Why, because they expect a huge shake up and nobody knows who is going to be on this team long term or where their next job will be next season.  

That attitude started late last season and continued when they saw other AFC teams get better than the Colts did. The offseason in the AFC was about the Haves vs the Have-Nots, and when it was apparent in preseason that they were going to be in the Have-Not group, its was tough for Frank to hold it together. It was a matter of time before it fell apart, and you could see the angiush on Frank's face get worse every week as he realized the team was moving to a different attitude.

Frank was not the problem.  He kept this team glued together till it came  crashing down.  Ballard is so far up Irsay ... its down right embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

Know it's been stated many times this year already but watching Nelson get steamrolled just blows my mind.

Juat goes to show how muc of a joke the problem is.

3 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

Know it's been stated many times this year already but watching Nelson get steamrolled just blows my mind.

I do wonder this. Where are all those who enjoyed laughing at Moose saying he was way off base. I took it weekly but I 

15 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

i was shocked when I saw that. Could it be the offensive line has no confidence in the two fossils that I think have made them look a lot worse than how they have played last year? Did they give up on a coach that I’m sure wanted those qb’s? I don’t know of another reason for a line that was so good last year regress this bad this year. I really don’t think it’s because of the talent like so many here think. There is much more talent here than all the negative nellies here think.

6 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I've liked Stroud for a while. Hard working kid, and stats are killer. Only thing worries me, he's surrounded by talent (like most OSU, Bama, etc. QBs)... But IMO, he's the best prospect in terms of "ready-now"...

Young is good too, but surrounded by talent, and is too short for my taste.

Levis, and a few others, are good prospects, but were surrounded by meh talent, and likely more of a project. 

I'm good with the D. They didn't get much help from O. And injuries impacted (Paye, Yannick, Leonard, Rodgers, etc.). Good pieces. We need to figure LEO, NB, and Leonard's situation. I think we have decent Ss, just need tweak positions. 

I'll likely do a thread with individual grades, but IMO, we have good pieces, and promising young kids. Sure we need to improve some spots, but not horrible at all. 

18 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Thibodeaux didn't even see Foles in pain (even though he was right next to him lol). It was a clean hit. Two OLs reacted and walked over. Did you expect the two OLs to beat up Thiboddeaux? Just bad timing for a celebration. 

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Juat goes to show how muc of a joke the problem is.

I do wonder this. Where are all those who enjoyed laughing at Moose saying he was way off base. I took it weekly but I 

Nelson has played at an All Pro level..you may not like where he was drafted but he has been worth the draft stock up til this year..

23 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Saturday can’t eval unless Frank was fired? Hahahahaha

So let me get this right. Jeff can only evaluate players once franks is gone because what, of his playcalling or scheme? Then they turn around and keep the same scheme?

You realize this makes zero sense right? Lol

So you bring in Saturday, leave Frank there (even though you know you're going to fire him at the end of the year), and then let Saturday start making personnel decisions instead of Frank...... LMAO.. 

Hate to tell you tis but  I have fallen  in love with many actresses on TV like u have fallen in love with Stroud.  However, I know deep down if I took them home they would just end it being  a lot  of work and not meeting my expectations lol

Yeah but it’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

there is no Guarantee on QBs.  But I’d be surprised if the kid,isn’t at least pretty durn good.

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I remember years ago  Dungy talked bout surrounding a young player with talent and  that it was needed to make a  young qb  grow and be successful long  term. That is why I am not all in  on drafting a qb this year. I want the pieces in place  first. We need to get this Oline fixed a d fast. We need  talent at wr. I said it  before.  I would keep  Campbell and Pierce.  I let Taylor play out his deal. I do the same for Pittman.

Yeah but you gotta take a guy if you think he’s the guy as soon as you can IMO.  

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Thibodeaux didn't even see Foles in pain (even though he was right next to him lol). It was a clean hit. Two OLs reacted and walked over. Did you expect the two OLs to beat up Thiboddeaux? Just bad timing for a celebration. 

you know if that was a franchise qb, there would have been several personal fowls called! 

30 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I don't know what the colts will do but what I think they should do is trade up with bears and take the QB that the Texans don't take. (Young or Stroud). Regardless of the cost. 

Walk away from the Draft with a potential Elite/Franchise QB and concern themselves with holes in the roster later. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So you bring in Saturday, leave Frank there (even though you know you're going to fire him at the end of the year), and then let Saturday start making personnel decisions instead of Frank...... LMAO.. 

Why not?

According to you they haven’t changed the scheme from Franks.

6 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Yeah but it’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

there is no Guarantee on QBs.  But I’d be surprised if the kid,isn’t at least pretty durn good.

Yup. Rare to have guarantees on QBs. Manning and Luck are close to guarantees, but most years are rolling dice. 

You got to gamble at some time. 

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

You think he’s been all pro level this year man?

Ti me that's when the  major red flags went ip on Ballard and knew that he was not suited to be a gm.  When he made the comments that they were signing Nelson and some people wouldn't like it. Who the hell says that Asa GM. It's like saying, I picked him and no matter what he is staying.  He let his 

4 minutes ago, husker61 said:

you know if that was a franchise qb, there would have been several personal fowls called! 

I watched the play several times. 

IMO, bad optics, but innocent. Folks are just clutching pearls. 

I don't expect a fight from the OL (it was a clean hit), who just allowed the pressure.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Ti me that's when the  major red flags went ip on Ballard and knew that he was not suited to be a gm.  When he made the comments that they were signing Nelson and some people wouldn't like it. Who the hell says that Asa GM. It's like saying, I picked him and no matter what he is staying.  He let his 

Ego get in the way and gave away all of his bargaining  power.

6 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I don't know what the colts will do but what I think they should do is trade up with bears and take the QB that the Texans don't take. (Young or Stroud). Regardless of the cost. 

Walk away from the Draft with a potential Elite/Franchise QB and concern themselves with holes in the roster later. 

I think all QBs are a bit of a gamble this year, so wouldn't pay much to move up.

One will be there for us. I just don't want Young due to height. 

IMO, Mocks will be all over the place in terms which QBs will be top 4 or 5 order. 

Definitely not a clear top 3-4

Archived