Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Colts at Vikes Post Game Thoughts

EastStreet

I put on here last week I don't consider myself an overly smart guy, but yesterday at work a couple of the guys were following the game on their phones and at 33 to nothing at halftime I said "don't worry we can still lose this" at 36-14 I said we will lose, guaranteed. So the guy I won the bet last year with the Jags game when I guaranteed a loss so we would miss the playoffs said "no way". So another bet was made and ofcourse I won again, but I don't take his money because that would be stealing and I'm not a thief. Life in the nfl, what fun it is.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Or the final six minutes or so of that game against Tampa Bay where the Colts were down 3 across and came back and won the game. It was one of the best games I saw.

https://www.colts.com/video/this-day-in-nfl-history-colts-comeback-shocks-buccaneers-16020246

I watched that one to the end.  It was Tony dungys bday and his return to his old team.  Perfect ending. 

I hope Sam plays the rest of the season. We are out of the playoffs now. So lets get a top 5 pick. Matt Ryan should retire, hell of a career but he is in a no win situation here. Our O.Line isn't anywhere near as good as it was in 2020 or 2021, Taylor has been a huge disappointment, and our defense can't hold leads.

We had leads vs Washington, vs Philly, and at Minnesota = all in the 4th Qtr where the defense gave up long drives to lose the game. If we hold those leads we are 7-6-1 right now tied with Tennessee for 1st place.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After a while it just gets tiring that after a loss a handful of people put all the blame on Matt Ryan. Matt Ryan doesn't play defense, he didn't even turn the ball over to help Minnesota out. Our Defense gave up a 33 point lead. Matt Ryan could've played better and he has been bad at times this year but that loss isn't on him yesterday. With some in here, we could score 45 points and lose 46-45 and people would blame Matt Ryan.chuckling homer simpson GIF

Not 1 person in here ever blames Taylor for anything, I love Taylor but in 2 of our losses his fumbling at crucial times cost us 2 games. On top of that he gets injured every other game. Also that craptastic defense we played in the 4th Qtr was real fabulous.

so what do you think the colts record would be this year if luck was still here ?    if you say playoff team then matt is the main problem .  the defense and special team gave matt a 33 point lead all he needed was one drive  to score and a couple of time consuming drives . that is why i dont like him i have  bad feelings for him for how he has looked .    he took all the fun i had for watching colts games and buried my fun  .

i rewatched the game on nfl replay and even when the defense and special teams are carrying the team matt cant pull  the trigger gets stuffed on 1st and goal  .  he was making horrible throws early in the game settling for fgs  .   he just looks so bad even when he has time in the pocket his accuracy is so bad this year .  

i am convinced it guts the team when they dont trust the QB  .   players are in cruise control i dont think the talent level on this team is bad at all .    i think the line has been playing better the two young left tackle and right guard are looking better every game .  i dont see a team with no talent i see a team with good talent that is gutted because they dont trust matt .   

i would be willing to bet money if the colts get a rookie who plays solid next year and can put up rivers 2020 numbers the colts are a playoff team .   i think its  obvious matt ryan is the main problem when i watch film he is holding onto the ball long making the line look worse .    i think you will be surprised how much better the team looks with a solid QB .

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

so what do you think the colts record would be this year if luck was still here ?    if you say playoff team then matt is the main problem .  the defense and special team gave matt a 33 point lead all he needed was one drive  to score and a couple of time consuming drives . that is why i dont like him i have  bad feelings for him for how he has looked .    he took all the fun i had for watching colts games and buried my fun  .

i rewatched the game on nfl replay and even when the defense and special teams are carrying the team matt cant pull  the trigger gets stuffed on 1st and goal  .  he was making horrible throws early in the game settling for fgs  .   he just looks so bad even when he has time in the pocket his accuracy is so bad this year .  

i am convinced it guts the team when they dont trust the QB  .   players are in cruise control i dont think the talent level on this team is bad at all .    i think the line has been playing better the two young left tackle and right guard are looking better every game .  i dont see a team with no talent i see a team with good talent that is gutted because they dont trust matt .   

i would be willing to bet money if the colts get a rookie who plays solid next year and can put up rivers 2020 numbers the colts are a playoff team .   i think its  obvious matt ryan is the main problem when i watch film he is holding onto the ball long making the line look worse .    i think you will be surprised how much better the team looks with a solid QB .

Matt Ryan is a problem but not the only problem. Of course, any dope would know if Andrew Luck was the QB we would be probably at least 9-5 by now, Andrew would still be in his prime. I never said Matt wasn't a problem but to put all the blame on him is a little MEH, IMO. Just like the SB in 2016, yeah he didn't finish that game but his defense and coaching didn't do him any favors either. Football is such a team game, you can't blame 1 person but as I know watching for 45 years, either the coach or QB get all the blame for every loss by most.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Matt Ryan wasn't brought in here to be Andrew Luck. I thought and he probably thought that his defense could hold leads and Taylor would be like Barry Sanders. Not the case. Matt Ryan has been a problem but yesterday I thought he managed the game well, no turnovers with a 33-0 lead.

That lead had nothing to do with Matt Ryan. 

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope Sam plays the rest of the season. We are out of the playoffs now. So lets get a top 5 pick. Matt Ryan should retire, hell of a career but he is in a no win situation here. Our O.Line isn't anywhere near as good as it was in 2020 or 2021, Taylor has been a huge disappointment, and our defense can't hold leads.

We had leads vs Washington, vs Philly, and at Minnesota = all in the 4th Qtr where the defense gave up long drives to lose the game. If we hold those leads we are 7-6-1 right now tied with Tennessee for 1st place.

If the offense scores we hold those leads too. Why does the offense get out of jail free because the defense can’t stay on the field all game? 16 points per game isn’t on the defense in a league where teams are routinely scoring 25. 

The days of the 85 bears are long gone. It’s too much to ask this defense to constantly hold the lead for an inept offense. 

decense gave this team a shot many many sundays, and again on Saturday when they intercepted the ball late. The offenses response? 3 and out.. again. 

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That lead had nothing to do with Matt Ryan. 

"had nothing to do with Matt Ryan", so he didn't put up 19 points on good drives? Yes the D had a pick 6 and our SP Teams scored, but to say nothing is ridiculous. He was responsible for getting us in position to score 19 points in one half. Then we even added another FG in the 3rd Qtr. I would say he could account for 22 points. Facts!

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"had nothing to do with Matt Ryan", so he didn't put up 19 points on good drives? Yes the D had a pick 6 and our SP Teams scored, but to say nothing is ridiculous. He was responsible for getting us in position to score 19 points in one half. Then we even added another FG in the Qtr. I would say he could account for 22 points. Facts!

He was awful. One TD all game. The defense and ST put those points up.

2 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

If the offense scores we hold those leads too. Why does the offense get out of jail free because the defense can’t stay on the field all game? 16 points per game isn’t on the defense in a league where teams are routinely scoring 25. 

The days of the 85 bears are long gone. It’s too much to ask this defense to constantly hold the lead for an inept offense. 

Not to mention we only had 2 corners yesterday. The dline does not have good depth so rotating players is not a option. Then the offense basically had 2 minute drives before defense had to go back out there.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He was awful. One TD all game. The defense and ST put those points up.

Awful, wow. At least he didn't play like Wentz did at Jacks last year against the worst team in the league with all the marbles on the table. Wentz was Painter material. Matt Ryan wasn't "awful", he wasn't good but he got us 22 points on different drives.

27 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

@NFLfan you said you were one of the negative ones about the Vikings because of all the close wins. Curious what you thought about the game, did they impress you a bit more now or did you not like that they were down by so much in the first place?

They did not impress me. I actually missed all of the second half, as I had plans that evening and I figured my time could be spent getting ready. I checked the Vikings game thread a couple of times and I posted a comment to @VikingsFanInChennai that they don't deserve to win or tie. My friend who is a Giants fan sent me a text message telling me they had won. Winning makes people believe the Vikings are good. They really aren't.

I think what everyone saw in the first half is the real Vikings team. (They looked even worse yesterday.) It seems that the Colts chose not to play offense once the team was leading by 33 points. They should have continued to try to score. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

They did not impress me. I actually missed all of the second half, as I had plans that evening and I figured my time could be spent getting ready. I checked the Vikings game thread a couple of times and I posted a comment to @VikingsFanInChennai that they don't deserve to win or tie. My friend who is a Giants fan sent me a text message telling me they had won. Winning makes people believe the Vikings are good. They really aren't.

I think what everyone saw in the first half is the real Vikings team. (They looked even worse yesterday.) It seems that the Colts chose not to play offense once the team was leading by 33 points. They should have continued to try to score. 

Congrats on the win, thanks lmao Now I have to listen to the Matt Ryan haters all day homer simpson laughing GIF- Good win though, as you know my pops was a Vikings fan. He is probably smiling down at me and loving this.

15 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

That's actually incredible and pathetic at the same time. No way is one high draft pick going to help us

Actually we will have 6 high draft picks near the top of each round.

We can take players the other teams wanted rather than getting 2nd, 3rd, 4th choices. But that means nothing to you.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

If the Vikings get the 2 seed, they could end up in the NFC Championship Game. Philly and Dallas are good but beatable. That was the 2 teams that smoked Minnesota but in a rematch things could be different. Minnesota has some nice weapons on offense, their D does concern me. Cousins isn't great but good IMO Star Trek Slapping GIF

Congrats on the win, thanks lmao Now I have to listen to the Matt Ryan haters all day homer simpson laughing GIF- Good win though, as you know my pops was a Vikings fan. He is probably smiling down at me and loving this.

I'm not sure if I should say "Thank you." That was not a well-played game by the Vikings.

Did JT ever come back? He left when I was still watching. 

I read that Kirk threw at least 2 INT including a pick-6. He actually plays better when the game seems out of reach, as he seems to loosen up. 

I feel bad for Matt. He was in that SB that he should have won. @Lancer1 wrote that Matt was also involved in another game where the opponent came from way back and won. That was when he was with the Falcons.

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Well, I will agree you with you that as far as the playoffs are concerned, the Vikings D will probably have some serious issues trying to contend with the high powered O’s.

But as you said, the best D is a good O, and the Vikings have a good offense. The Vikings weren’t there in the first half, but you don’t make that comeback

by being a bad team.

Just now, NFLfan said:

I'm not sure if I should say "Thank you." That was not a well-played game by the Vikings.

I read that Kirk threw at least 2 INT including a pick-6. He actually plays better when the game seems out of reach, as he seems to loosen up. 

I feel bad for Matt. He was in that SB that he should have won. @Lancer1 wrote that Matt was also involved in another game where the opponent came from way back and won. That was when he was with the Falcons.

The 2nd pick was on Jalen R. 

He stopped running way early. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

You guys are in a good spot, the NFC just isn't that strong. Cousins could get it done. He did throw a pick 6. Taylor was out the whole 2nd half. See if Matt had Taylor we probably have a better chance of running out the clock which not 1 person has mentioned, It is just blame Matt time in here.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Awful, wow. At least he didn't play like Wentz did at Jacks last year against the worst team in the league with all the marbles on the table. Wentz was Painter material. Matt Ryan wasn't "awful", he wasn't good but he got us 22 points on different drives.

By comparison, Jared Goff (who is an average QB), had 330 yds and 3 tds with no INTs against the Vikings last week. Matt Ryan is terrible. There wasn't even Taylor to run it with, and the defense put up more tds than Matt Ryan or the entire offense.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

By comparison, Jared Goff (who is an average QB), had 330 yds and 3 tds with no INTs against the Vikings last week. Matt Ryan is terrible. There wasn't even Taylor to run it with, and the defense put up more tds than Matt Ryan or the entire offense.

Taylor was out the whole 2nd half. Had we had him, we win going away. 

Maybe. However, the Vikings are a bottom 5 passing defense, and we still had to run on them even when Taylor left the game. The backup rbs (Moss and Jackson) weren't horrible.

16 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts needed a season like this so they can reset at QB. It’s ok this happened.

I'm thinking with a house cleaning we want at least this year and next to be drafting at the very top of the draft. 

Ballard has a format/style of play he wants to play. It has been long enough to establish it. It isn't working.

We need a different outlook at GM to get us highly competitive. 

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Matt Ryan is a problem but not the only problem. Of course, any dope would know if Andrew Luck was the QB we would be probably at least 9-5 by now, Andrew would still be in his prime. I never said Matt wasn't a problem but to put all the blame on him is a little MEH, IMO. Just like the SB in 2016, yeah he didn't finish that game but his defense and coaching didn't do him any favors either. Football is such a team game, you can't blame 1 person but as I know watching for 45 years, either the coach or QB get all the blame for every loss by most.

i think the colts are fighting for the one seed with luck .   they would easily beat the texans titans twice commander eagles vikings cowboys .      i am not saying matt ryan is the only problem but he is the main problem .  all teams have flaws put matt on the bills or chiefs i think they are going 4-13 because they dont have a run game or great defense .  

i just think the game is just as much mental as physical i think if players dont believe in the QB it spells disaster .    that is why the colts in 2011 with multiple pro bowlers could barely win a game with bad QB play when they were in a super bowl 15 months before .     that 2011 colts team had mathis freeney beathea  AC reggie garcon clark saturday collie .    i am convinced the team checked out mentally because they know you cant win with a horrible passing game .   

now that doesnt mean the matt ryan is the only problem the colts are spotty .  they play elite for a quarter or a whole half then look horrible .    something with coaching needs to be done along with getting some more talent .  

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You guys are in a good spot, the NFC just isn't that strong. Cousins could get it done. He did throw a pick 6. Taylor was out the whole 2nd half. See if Matt had Taylor we probably have a better chance of running out the clock which not 1 person has mentioned, It is just blame Matt time in here.

It seems that many are blaming the defense. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I mean you’re not wrong that not having Taylor, not just the 2nd half, hurt.

But then again, if you need a MVP caliber RB to hold on to a 33 point lead for 2 quarters, yikes!

This isn’t all on Ryan, he is what he is. It takes an entire organization to lose like this.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

i think you are forgetting ryan got shut out by the jags too .    honestly i am jut wondering why you cant say matt has been awful this year ?   look at his stats 14 touchdowns 13 pick 15 fumbles  .   how can the colts even compete with those numbers ?  outside of the jags game at home what game did matt ryan look good ?   even jacoby had multiple 300 yard 2 touchdown games when he started and he was average as can be .

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They aren't in Taylor's league though. come on man haha 

I agree, but they still ran for 136 yds, which is good enough. Matt Ryan put up a borderline stat line against a bottom 5 pass defense. That's unacceptable. These were very short fields as well.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

i think the colts are fighting for the one seed with luck .   they would easily beat the texans titans twice commander eagles vikings cowboys .      i am not saying matt ryan is the only problem but he is the main problem .  all teams have flaws put matt on the bills or chiefs i think they are going 4-13 because they dont have a run game or great defense .  

i just think the game is just as much mental as physical i think if players dont believe in the QB it spells disaster .    that is why the colts in 2011 with multiple pro bowlers could barely win a game with bad QB play when they were in a super bowl 15 months before .     that 2011 colts team had mathis freeney beathea  AC reggie garcon clark saturday collie .    i am convinced the team checked out mentally because they know you cant win with a horrible passing game .   

now that doesnt mean the matt ryan is the only problem the colts are spotty .  they play elite for a quarter or a whole half then look horrible .    something with coaching needs to be done along with getting some more talent .  

Matt Ryan isn't the answer moving forward - too old, I think we will agree on that. We have lost 2 or 3 games though where it wasn't near his fault either. It partly was his fault yesterday, QB's needs to make plays to finish and he didn't yesterday but damn, up 33-0 and your D can't hold that without the offense turning it over??

26 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Not to mention we only had 2 corners yesterday. The dline does not have good depth so rotating players is not a option. Then the offense basically had 2 minute drives before defense had to go back out there.

I don’t understand why so many are blaming a defense that has played better than most teams all year. They have made more big stops. They are an above average defense. 

the offense is last in the league in almost every category. Scored only 3 points in the entire second half. I honestly want to see the Colts TOP in the 2nd half. I’ll go look now actually. 

Archived