Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who will be the Colts starting QB next season?

Nesjan3

Who will be the Colts starting QB next season?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Colts starting QB next season?

• Matt Ryan
    • Sam Ehlinger
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Trey Lance
    • Jimmy G
    • Derrick Carr
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Jarod Goff
    • Cooper Rush
    • Tom Brady
    • Big Ben, Dree Brees or someone else out of retirement
    • Draft pick, currently drafting #14 and likely with a couple more wins will land is this ball park
    • Anyone else, please state.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, lincolndefan said:

You have got to be kidding me! Ryan can't even get out of his own steps and you think he would have done better! LOL! This whole season is lost because of this crapshow! Thanks to Ryan, Reich and this OL! 

You got one out of three right.  The reason the season is lost is because of the OL.  If they performed as everyone expected we would not be where we are today.  Ryan was in trouble immediately out of the gate because of the line.  The fact he brought us from behind in the 4th qtr. to win games is amazing.  What sealed Reich’s fate is when he moved to Sam and said he was the starter the rest of the way.  Irsay just signed Ryan to a large two year contract and Reich was moving away from him for the rest of the season?  No way that stands.  Owners want to win. Fans want to win.   Ryan can still win.  The players know it and that’s why Jeff quickly moved back to Ryan.  It’s clear Ryan is the best quarterback on the roster.  You play your best players.  That’s the simple truth.

43 minutes ago, lincolndefan said:

You have got to be kidding me! Ryan can't even get out of his own steps and you think he would have done better! LOL! This whole season is lost because of this crapshow! Thanks to Ryan, Reich and this OL! 

Ryan has 4 come behind wins and should have 5 but it was a tie. He is top 10 in yards passing while missing 2 games. Sam had trouble getting a 1st down against the Pats and I have no doubt we beat Washington had Ryan played. Just because you hate Matt Ryan doesn't mean you can post non-sense. Sam could not carry Matt's jock strap.

1 hour ago, lincolndefan said:

Watching Sam play at New England may be arguably the worst I have ever seen any QB play here in Indianapolis. I am going back to 1984 where I have seen Art S, Mike Pagel, Jeff George play some real stinkers. Sam made Painter look good. 

On 11/25/2022 at 12:35 PM, richard pallo said:

I really don't see Fields being available at all.  I think they hit on Fields but if he became available I would pursue him for sure.  In either scenario we should be able to put a package together that Flus would like including players.  Leonard for sure I would think would be included.  Rodgers too I would think.  Maybe Buckner as well as being a possibility.  Fields has proven himself to me.  Any of the rookies, no matter who, is a gamble.  

I’d hate to lose Rodgers.  He can have Moore though. 

On 11/25/2022 at 10:51 AM, chad72 said:

For starters, yes, if you have a QB and OC that utilizes all of them by stressing all levels of a D. However if a guy is needed to put them over the top, do you trust Ballard to go and get that 1 difference maker like the Bills did with Diggs or Dolphins did with Hill? I don’t.

Hard to argue that.

At this point, I’m saying trade up for Bryce Young. I love Matt Ryan, but I’m ready to see stability at QB and know that baring an injury, we’d have our QB for years to come. 

Tired of stagnant offense. Tired of relying on JT to make everything happen. Tired of not having a QB that can extend plays consistently if needed. 

3 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

At this point, I’m saying trade up for Bryce Young. I love Matt Ryan, but I’m ready to see stability at QB and know that baring an injury, we’d have our QB for years to come. 

Tired of stagnant offense. Tired of relying on JT to make everything happen. Tired of not having a QB that can extend plays consistently if needed. 

My guess young and shroud will be 1 and 2. Question is who has those picks? If it’s a team who needs a QB they won’t trade that pick. Eagles actually have like 4th or 5th lick right now from saints. That could be a spot to move up to. 

9 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

He’s beating up on a weak team.  Don’t get too impressed.  Look what happened to Stroud against a good team.  Dugan beating up a weak team too.  Weak conference as well.  Young and Stroud and are too small for me.  Fortunately some other team will pick them before the Colts pick.  

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He’s beating up on a weak team.  Don’t get too impressed.  Look what happened to Stroud against a good team.  Dugan beating up a weak team too.  Weak conference as well.  Young and Stroud and are too small for me.  Fortunately some other team will pick them before the Colts pick.  

TUA is doing just fine.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

So who would you want then? And I’m an Alabama fan, so I watch every game. I know how Auburn is, and I know how the division and all of the SEC is. The team hasn’t been as good obviously as years past, including the oline. Everyone said Tua was too small and wouldn’t do anything, but look at him now. Point is, I personally want Bryce. Who would you suggest then?

I have no idea who our QB will be and for that matter i dont even know what our scheme will be either since Frank is gone. Im going to assume the whole offense will be brand new. Especially if Irsay decides not to make Jeff the head coach.

14 minutes ago, krunk said:

I have no idea who our QB will be and for that matter i dont even know what our scheme will be either since Frank is gone. Im going to assume the whole offense will be brand new. Especially if Irsay decides not to make Jeff the head coach.

Yeah the new HC will have huge input on who we go after for QB. 

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watching Sam play at New England may be arguably the worst I have ever seen any QB play here in Indianapolis. I am going back to 1984 where I have seen Art S, Mike Pagel, Jeff George play some real stinkers. Sam made Painter look good. 

O.K., I'll trump you about 20 years and respectably disagree. The Colts have had some stinkers for sure but the worse nah. Sam was starting his 2nd NFL game as a 2nd year player. Also, against the hoodie! What did you expect? The OL deserves to be benched for that performance but yet get a pass. These guys are supposed to be professionals and make a ton of money. Absolutely pitiful!!!!! So again, i ask you what should he have done? Lastly, you and others keep incessantly defending Ryan. Why is a mystery to me! So, is the 1st Jacksonville game arguably the worst game too!

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ryan has 4 come behind wins and should have 5 but it was a tie. He is top 10 in yards passing while missing 2 games. Sam had trouble getting a 1st down against the Pats and I have no doubt we beat Washington had Ryan played. Just because you hate Matt Ryan doesn't mean you can post non-sense. Sam could not carry Matt's jock strap.

For the record, i don't hate Ryan! It seems you throw that out there when someone doesn't kiss your * and agree with you. As for posting nonsense, well there's none that can top yours over and over and over again. Let it be known, i didn't start the insults. You did! Also, i'm entitled to my opinion. Lastly, you are right, Sam couldn't carry Matt's jock strap. Do really expect him to? For pete sake's, Sam has started 2 nfl games whereas Ryan is a 14 year vet. Do you see how *ic that sounds or is! Man, your a piece of work!!!!

2 hours ago, lincolndefan said:

For the record, i don't hate Ryan! It seems you throw that out there when someone doesn't kiss your * and agree with you. As for posting nonsense, well there's none that can top yours over and over and over again. Let it be known, i didn't start the insults. You did! Also, i'm entitled to my opinion. Lastly, you are right, Sam couldn't carry Matt's jock strap. Do really expect him to? For pete sake's, Sam has started 2 nfl games whereas Ryan is a 14 year vet. Do you see how *ic that sounds or is! Man, your a piece of work!!!!

Did I strike a nerve lmao ? Post what you want, hey freedom of speech is great isn't it? Every time I post something you post that silly laughing face so I will do the same. I have kept track of it for a while. All of you new people think you can come in here and troll. You are barking up the wrong tree doing it with me. Have a nice day.

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Did I strike a nerve lmao ? Post what you want, hey freedom of speech is great isn't it? Every time I post something you post that silly laughing face so I will do the same. I have kept track of it for a while. All of you new people think you can come in here and troll. You are barking up the wrong tree doing it with me. Have a nice day.

You don't know your * from a hole in the ground! New! Been around for awhile! Remember the Indy star forum? Apparently, you think your a veteran. So, why all the vitriol!

You are an attention hound who sounds insecure.

22 minutes ago, lincolndefan said:

You don't know your * from a hole in the ground! New! Been around for awhile! Remember the Indy star forum? Apparently, you think your a veteran. So, why all the vitriol!

Whatever. I said you posted non-sense and hated Matt Ryan and you said I insulted you. How is that insulting? You come back with a whole paragraph insulting me and now you are doing it again. You have been posting laughing faces for a month now every time I post something. Kind of funny how roughly 90% of the posters in here agree with me on most things and you just come out of the blue acting like a tough guy. If you want to disagree with me, state why, and do it like an adult, not like a 14 yr old school kid.

I could care less what you think of me, not everyone likes me and that is fine. 

18 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

So who would you want then? And I’m an Alabama fan, so I watch every game. I know how Auburn is, and I know how the division and all of the SEC is. The team hasn’t been as good obviously as years past, including the oline. Everyone said Tua was too small and wouldn’t do anything, but look at him now. Point is, I personally want Bryce. Who would you suggest then?

That's easy for me.  Will Levis from Kentucky.  He has the size, big arm and quick release NFL teams covet.  Already plays in a pro style offense unfortunately a poor one.  I think he would be an ideal choice to backup Ryan to start next year.  If our line isn't fixed he could play sooner than expected.  Tua is too small for me.  He's already had serious injuries in college and pros.  Finally able to stay on the field after how many years.  No thank you to the small guys.  I want the big mobile drop back quarterback.  Levis is a great prospect.  I would hope he has time to learn behind a veteran for awhile.  He's my choice.  I'm old school though.  Happy to see old school football is making a comeback at Michigan with Harbaugh as coach.  In fact I think Harbaugh, Irsay and the Colts would be a perfect fit if he wanted to return.  I could see JT along with our defense being somewhat appealing to Jim.  That said Jeff seems to be off to a great start as a HC. 

59 minutes ago, lincolndefan said:

Vitriol? Wow, I am not even mad at all, I just don't like being attacked. When that happens of course I am going to respond. We can have great discussions like I said if you disagree with me, just state your case and I will respond to it. I just know for a month now, when I post something, you laugh at it with no response. After a while that was getting old with me so I lashed out and said you posted nonsense about Matt Ryan, so what. It wasn't an insult at you at all. Look at what you said toward me, talk about Vitriol. I have never done anything to you to get those kinds of responses. 

On 11/26/2022 at 11:27 AM, Aaron86 said:

I think Ballard gets fired and Irsay promotes within. And that leads us to drafting a Quarterback. I am not that good at predictions, so this is more of what I want to happen. We really need a QB that can stretch the field.

ballard failed to get us a young mobile qb, trevor will be the best in our division for years to come, we will be playing catch up to jax for many years, we need a gm who is not afraid to take a gamble on a top pick qb

2 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

ballard failed to get us a young mobile qb, trevor will be the best in our division for years to come, we will be playing catch up to jax for many years, we need a gm who is not afraid to take a gamble on a top pick qb

Until Trevor and Jacksonville proves differently, Tennessee  is the team to beat in our division. And honestly they are not even that big of a deal. Who the Colts need to worry about right now is KC and Buffalo. Build a team to compete with them and you will take the south and make a serious run. I honestly feel like we are a few pieces away from being a true contender. We do need to get serious with the draft and free agents. I just wish Ballard would have kept our O-line in tact and paid Autry. I have no idea what he was thinking when he let them all walk.

On 11/26/2022 at 11:27 AM, Aaron86 said:

I think Ballard gets fired and Irsay promotes within. And that leads us to drafting a Quarterback. I am not that good at predictions, so this is more of what I want to happen. We really need a QB that can stretch the field.

That would be a dream scenerio yo have the GM already in the building so there is a smoother transition. Otherwise we might have another year before anything major is done as a new GM evaluates what he has.

32 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

Until Trevor and Jacksonville proves differently, Tennessee  is the team to beat in our division. And honestly they are not even that big of a deal. Who the Colts need to worry about right now is KC and Buffalo. Build a team to compete with them and you will take the south and make a serious run. I honestly feel like we are a few pieces away from being a true contender. We do need to get serious with the draft and free agents. I just wish Ballard would have kept our O-line in tact and paid Autry. I have no idea what he was thinking when he let them all walk.

trevor looked like brady or manning today, he is coming on strong, what was ballard thinking??

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Whatever. I said you posted non-sense and hated Matt Ryan and you said I insulted you. How is that insulting? You come back with a whole paragraph insulting me and now you are doing it again. You have been posting laughing faces for a month now every time I post something. Kind of funny how roughly 90% of the posters in here agree with me on most things and you just come out of the blue acting like a tough guy. If you want to disagree with me, state why, and do it like an adult, not like a 14 yr old school kid.

cat fighting GIF

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Look, for the record i don't dislike you, heck i don't even know you! The problems are your posts. First, you say i post nonsense. O.k.. Pot calling kettle black. As for the hate thing, this is your and others way of responding when it doesn't follow your narrative. That is insulting! No, your wrong regarding the laughing faces. Lol. its the sad expression faces. If you disagree go check! These sad expression faces represent my thoughts regarding your posts that i disagree with and there's plenty of them but not all. Maybe, you should think through your thoughts before you post them. This is attention hounding! 90% of posters agree with you? See what i mean? There is no way on Gods green earth that you know this to be true! But you can't seem to help yourself so you see if you can gather more attention. Attention hounding!! Well, maybe you need it. Insecurity maybe!  Lol, tough guy! No, those days are over. I'm old enough to be your father. lol Maybe you young pukes need to listen to your elders. Maybe then you wouldn't act like a 14 year old. lol Oh lastly, did i hit a nerve? Alas no! Not with you!

Look, for the record i don't dislike you, heck i don't even know you! The problems are your posts. First, you say i post nonsense. O.k.. Pot calling kettle black. As for the hate thing, this is your and others way of responding when it doesn't follow your narrative. That is insulting! No, your wrong regarding the laughing faces. Lol. its the sad expression faces. If you disagree go check! These sad expression faces represent my thoughts regarding your posts that i disagree with and there's plenty of them but not all. Maybe, you should think through your thoughts before you post them. This is attention hounding! 90% of posters agree with you? See what i mean? There is no way on Gods green earth that you know this to be true! But you can't seem to help yourself so you see if you can gather more attention. Attention hounding!! Well, maybe you need it. Insecurity maybe!  Lol, tough guy! No, those days are over. I'm old enough to be your father. lol Maybe you young pukes need to listen to your elders. Maybe then you wouldn't act like a 14 year old. lol Oh lastly, did i hit a nerve? Alas no! Not with you!

Fair enough. It was sad faces and laughing faces you have posted. Hey what ever makes you happy. I am 51 years old so I have been around too. To get respect you need to respect others as well. I have never done one thing to you and you just seemed to pick me out of a crowd of 100 other posters to pick on. I really didn't even know who you were before I started to see all the sad and laughing faces. I am not an attention hound - something in your mind about me that isn't true. This is the only place I post. I don't do Facebook or Twitter. Also, normally many agree with my takes. I said 90% because rarely anyone disagrees with me. If you disagree with me on something, state your case and why, and I will respond in a nice manner. Sorry I crapped in your oatmeal.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fair enough. It was sad faces and laughing faces you have posted. Hey what ever makes you happy. I am 51 years old so I have been around too. To get respect you need to respect others as well. I have never done one thing to you and you just seemed to pick me out of a crowd of 100 other posters to pick on. I really didn't even know who you were before I started to see all the sad and laughing faces. I am not an attention hound - something in your mind about me that isn't true. This is the only place I post. I don't do Facebook or Twitter. Also, normally many agree with my takes. I said 90% because rarely anyone disagrees with me. If you disagree with me on something, state your case and why, and I will respond in a nice manner. Sorry I crapped in your oatmeal.

Fair enough! I'll leave it as is. 

P.S. I don't like oatmeal. LOL

Fair enough! I'll leave it as is. 

P.S. I don't like oatmeal. LOL

I don't either lol. We agreed on something. It's cool. 

59 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@lincolndefan @2006Coltsbestever and anyone else.

Okay, let's move on. You  are all Colts fan. You all want the best for the Colts. You just disagree. 

Let's agree to disagree. :shake:

It's all good. 

14 hours ago, Aaron86 said:

You build to win your division consistently - the Titans is the team to beat for us. Win the division and you are in the playoffs. KC and Bills are secondary until we can consistently win the division. 

18 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

You build to win your division consistently - the Titans is the team to beat for us. Win the division and you are in the playoffs. KC and Bills are secondary until we can consistently win the division. 

I think what that poster is saying if you build a team around the QB like KC or Bills wins will come including the division.

Archived