Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles Colts Prediction

danlhart87

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, WAS rushed for 150 yards, got 4 TOs, and Goedert went out and A J Brown was gimpy after the very first play of MNF. Yet, it was a 1 score game. 

It could very well be a double digit loss for us if the Eagles come to play. We will see how the teams stack up now that the adrenaline of the new coaching hire and accountability talk settles down. If I am a homer, the most I would do is bet against the spread, but not for the Colts to win.

I think the Colts can be competitive. I just find it funny that people were saying that WAS showed the formula for beating PHI. 

• Had a 40:00/20:00 ToP advantage
  • Ran 81 plays
  • Converted 57% of of their 3Ds, despite only having 4.1 yds/play
  • Forced 4 TOs on the team that leads the league in fewest giveaways

How exactly are the Colts supposed to replicate that haha. 

I think Sirianni is going to try to keep his foot on the pedal for his buddy Reich. Drop a big turd in the punchbowl at the "Jeff Saturday HC" party happening right now. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Our personnel and scheme has changed quite a bit.   And IIRC Lamar Jackson absolutely torched us.   So you may be interested in how we match up v. running QB but I am. 

He beat us with little short throws not running and the secondary was injury ravaged. He was well contained on the ground in the first match up. Define torched? Our secondary is better and we are pretty much the same personnel up front. We just played them last year. Theres a guy here or there thats different but most of the same guys.

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

He beat us with little short throws not running and the secondary was injury ravaged. He was well contained on the ground in the first match up. Define torched?

In the two games combined  Jackson threw for 512 and ran for 120.

2 games with average of 306 yds passing and 60yds rushing=Torched 

The running threat of Jackson sets up every thing they do in the passing game. 

4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Your not interested in how we look v. a running QB like I am.

Whay ya' stalkposting me?internet stalking GIF

Okay, here I go again…you, the FANS

If you are loud enough, crazy enough all game long…

…then, We Win!

Ooo, I just checked…the game will be televised here in Arizona:cheer2:

Let’s see… new coach, Colts coming off a win, eagles coming off a loss, roof will be open( go ahead Irsay, you’ll be in a nice warm cozy suite), fans have a taste of new life again, some players silently wanting a new coach and now they have it…so play

your heart out!

Go Colts!

C18245E5-C903-498D-91BC-875FFA463ED7.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Nickster said:

The Ravens were behind in both contests for most of the game. In the first match up he barely had anything until the second half. We have a very good run defense. Im not that concerned with it more than i am what we do offensively. The D is more than good enough if we are productive on offense to help them out. Thats where my concern lies. Can we repeat our blocking performance from last game against a better front? Thats what this will boil down to. Defensively we dont really allow shoot outs. We have a stingy unit for the most part. We can beat them if we can produce on offense in my opinion. Eagles record is good but their opponents havent been that strong. I just cant sit here and say we we have no chance. I think we definitely do unless we revert back into the Frank Reich Colts of previous games.

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

The Ravens were behind in both contests for most of the game. In the first match up he barely had anything until the second half. We have a very good run defense. Im not that concerned with it more than i am what we do offensively. The D is more than good enough if we are productive on offense.

Well yeah our offense is always in question going forward.  

lamar jackson torched us in the last two games regardless of what the score was lol. 

I am not saying we won't be able to deal with it well.  I am saying I am interested in what it will look like.   We've been pretty solid as a defense this year coming downhill at people.  I am wondering if that will change some with Hurts. 

But honestly, I am not sure that there is much of a comparison between Flus and Gus.  WE play D, very differently than we did the last few years. 

33 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Our entire secondary was off the field because of injuries. Hurts isn’t even like Lamar. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Our entire secondary was off the field because of injuries. Hurts isn’t even like Lamar. 

He's like Lamar in that they run zone reads and RPOs much of the time.  If you mean he's a differenty type of athlete, yeah, but they run things bascially out of the same sets.  Balt does a little more gap blocking from what I've read but jackson is still reading the end on many plays before deciding what to do.  So it's a little less zone read and more power but it's essentially the same read for both QBs. 

21 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Just read that the eagles signed Suh and Linval Joseph to shore up their run defense

Not going to be super easy to run on them, that is for sure. Matt Ryan is going to have to make some good throws to win. Otherwise, Eagles cruise.

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Not going to be super easy to run on them, that is for sure. Matt Ryan is going to have to make some good throws to win. Otherwise, Eagles cruise.

Joseph was always stout against the run, but Suh not so much. Hopefully they're both a bit rusty and washed up at this point. If nothing else, it tells you Philly is terrified of JT with how poorly their run defense has been.

IF every single player brings their "A game" -  this is a winnable game.

After all - the Commanders beat the Eagles last Sunday.

The Eagles just signed Ndamonka Suh this afternoon - but - no idea if he'll be ready for action on Sunday.

Should be an interesting "measuring stick" game.

I don't think Suh is in playing shape yet (or at least I hope!).  My guess is he'll be on a snap count either way.  Whenever he's in we just throw it and we should be good.  He won't get that many snaps.

Our offense was in very manageable 3rd and shorts from what I remember last week.  If we can continue to be successful on 1st and 2nd that will help offset Suh as well.  I think we'll be very competitive this weekend if we don't win it outright.  If we score first the  crowd will be nuts.

4 hours ago, shasta519 said:

I think the Colts can be competitive. I just find it funny that people were saying that WAS showed the formula for beating PHI. 

• Had a 40:00/20:00 ToP advantage
  • Ran 81 plays
  • Converted 57% of of their 3Ds, despite only having 4.1 yds/play

Of course, the formula is to run a lot and hold the ball. 

If that formula results in better than 4.1 yds/play out of that 81 plays and 40.00 TOP, I say we'll win the game.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Of course, the formula is to run a lot and hold the ball. 

If that formula results in better than 4.1 yds/play out of that 81 plays and 40.00 TOP, I say we'll win the game.

yes this game will come down to if we can run the ball or not

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I read that too on the Vikings site. Like the Rams did last year, the Eagles seem to be doing everything necessary to win. 

Hey @NFLfanand @VikingsFanInChennai

What a great game for the Vikings to beat the Bills!!

What an exciting game, I really enjoyed watching it.

Cousins and Jefferson really played well.

Congrats!!

2 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Congrats!!

Thank you. That was a wild game. I'm glad I knew the score when I started watching it. It would have caused too much anxiety. We were lucky to win. It was fun to watch. 

I predict:

- If the Colts win or keep it close, people will be going "see Jeff is amazing, coach of the year!!"

- If the Colts get their butt kicked, people will be going "see he just had one lucky game against a bad team he sucks!!"

The truth is probably in the middle, but that doesn't have a lot of drama to it, so will be ignored since our world is nothing if not drama junkies. 

3 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Congrats!!

I'm at the point where win or loss doesn't get me too high or too low, so any performance of such level definitely is a good feeling all around. Especially this new HC and the way he's brought some consistency and competency in Cousins and overall offensive scheme is great. Defense is also a good surprise. Bringing in a good HC does do some wonders, at least brings some new perspective and energizes the players. I guess that's why this team is able to compete with best teams in the league this year. 

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I'm at the point where win or loss doesn't get me too high or too low, so any performance of such level definitely is a good feeling all around. Especially this new HC and the way he's brought some consistency and competency in Cousins and overall offensive scheme is great. Defense is also a good surprise. Bringing in a good HC does do some wonders, at least brings some new perspective and energizes the players. I guess that's why this team is able to compete with best teams in the league this year. 

Captain Kirk GIF by Star Trek

Archived