Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Opinion Poll - Jeff, Jim, Tanking, and options...

EastStreet

Opinion Poll - Jeff, Jim, Tanking, and options...   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion - interim HC hiring of Jeff Saturday

• I'm OK or good with the choice of Jeff
    • I don't know
    • I don't like, or hate, the choice of Jeff
  2. 2. Do you believe Jeff is supportive of tanking?

• Yes, he's an accomplice to tanking
    • No, he'll try to win
  3. 3. Irsay's primary motivation (hiring Jeff)

4. 4. Your preference

• Jeff Saturday
    • Fox (D guy, doesn't really help the offense)
    • Gus (D guy, doesn't really help the offense, and creates another hole)
    • QB Coach - Milanovich (was a friend of Brady, and a Reich guy)
    • RB Coach - Scottie Montgomery
    • ST Coach - Raymond Ventrone (no Offense Coaching experience)
    • Other - please post

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2022 at 09:00 PM

2 hours ago, CoachLite said:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." Not saying the coaches we have aren't sharp football minds, but they haven't been part of a successful solution to this point in time.

Well that's kind of incorrect cause this defense has played hard so I would say those coaches are part of the problem. The problem falls squarely on Taylor's injury, horrible Oline play, qb's turning over the ball and some would say poor play calling. So in other words, the offence is the problem

29 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe Ballard shouldn't have went down the collective road as much? I don't know how much influence that Frank had on the Wentz/Ryan/Foles signings but it seems Irsay has held Frank to the fire for it.  

Big time on Rivers, Wentz and Foles. Don't know about Ryan.

12 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Hope on Saturday, mope on Sunday.

I don't think I will be moping on Sunday.  It'll be interesting to see if anything is different.   If they come out and win the game, I will have some hope that the playoffs are in reach.  If they lose, as I suspect they will, I will have some hope that a top 5 draft pick is in reach.  

The thing about this hire is it allows everybody to continue doing THEIR job. There are some minor changes but this will allow for an evaluation on how things were working.  Maybe it boils down to Frank was too nice to make changes that needed to be made ect. 

2 minutes ago, TheShadow said:

Irsay wants to evaluate and repair OL for next yr, but Jeff's mindset is to win as well.

Yup. And I'm personally fine with that. But I think it's more OL that needs evaluated. 

And I know it's super early... but love the energy and down to earth attitude from Jeff. 

Honestly, if the shuffle didn't occur, I'd be total meh about the game this weekend. I don't expect a W, but at least I'm interested now again. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. And I'm personally fine with that. But I think it's more OL that needs evaluated. 

And I know it's super early... but love the energy and down to earth attitude from Jeff. 

Honestly, if the shuffle didn't occur, I'd be total meh about the game this weekend. I don't expect a W, but at least I'm interested now again. 

Me too. 

What I expect:

A loss

The O-line to look a bit better

Some more motivated players 

13 hours ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

Yep, the defense has been as advertised for the most part. Why shake something up moving people around when it's working. Still don't understand how Strausser has a job, maybe that's the only spot I'd see Jeff as an evaluator of. The media is all click bait these days. Find more truth on this board than paying to read articles

I think that Jeff wants a closer look at Strausser.  He can use some help. Can he learn or is he trash?

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe Ballard shouldn't have went down the collective road as much? I don't know how much influence that Frank had on the Wentz/Ryan/Foles signings but it seems Irsay has held Frank to the fire for it.  

I think Frank had a lot of influence on Wentz, alot more on Foles, not much on Ryan.

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

Me too. 

What I expect:

A loss

The O-line to look a bit better

Some more motivated players 

Yup.

I just want more effort!

Wouldn't be surprised with a L or W.. 

LVR is bad, and injured. Indy is injured, with a bad OL and QB, and had a firing party. 

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah the Ryan signing was thought to be a no brainer by most everyone including me. Had we had an offensive line I think it would have worked out. 

IMO

JB/2018 - nobody's fault, aside Luck... but the extension was bad.. Have no idea wanted to do that... 

Rivers - Reich

Wentz (incoming) - Reich

Wentz (out) - Irsay

Foles - Reich

Ryan (incoming) - probably all (Irsay/Reich/CB) were supportive

Ryan (bench) - Irsay

Sam (starting) - Irsay

Just don't see much impact by Ballard... when it comes to QBs... 

I don't know how I feel about Saturday.

I mean I really have no opinion, nothing really base one on.  Jeff Saturday was a really good center for us on really good football teams.  

But I have no idea what kind of NFL head coach he is going to make LOL. 

As far as Irsay's motivations.  Who knows?  He's a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. We are definitely tanking, or at least we are making the moves that a team would make if they were tanking.  Can't figure that dude out.  Seems like first class snake oil salesman or just a SUPERFAN with unrealistic ideas about the team. 

I don't know how anyone could believe that Sam Ehlinger truly gives us the best chance to win this season.  So if you had deluded yourself into believing he could negate our porous OLINE with his agility, last weeks results pees all over that. 

If Matt can't go, Foles would be the obvious choice if you were really trying to win this week's game. 

tank GIF

To me it seems like tanking with a bit of Shermanesque scorched Earth policy. 

38 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I don't know how I feel about Saturday.

I mean I really have no opinion, nothing really base one on.  Jeff Saturday was a really good center for us on really good football teams.  

But I have no idea what kind of NFL head coach he is going to make LOL. 

As far as Irsay's motivations.  Who knows?  He's a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. We are definitely tanking, or at least we are making the moves that a team would make if they were tanking.  Can't figure that dude out.  Seems like first class snake oil salesman or just a SUPERFAN with unrealistic ideas about the team. 

I don't know how anyone could believe that Sam Ehlinger truly gives us the best chance to win this season.  So if you had deluded yourself into believing he could negate our porous OLINE with his agility, last weeks results pees all over that. 

If Matt can't go, Foles would be the obvious choice if you were really trying to win this week's game. 

tank GIF

To me it seems like tanking with a bit of Shermanesque scorched Earth policy. 

Frank said Sam has the secret sauce.. And the media licked it up.. lol...

Did you watch both pressers?

And BTW... I said NE would different (vs previous start) for Sam. Expected BB to knock his duck in the dirt.. and did.. 

Definitely snake oil, and a super fan... but doubt tanking... 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Frank said Sam has the secret sauce.. And the media licked it up.. lol...

Did you watch both pressers?

And BTW... I said NE would different (vs previous start) for Sam. Expected BB to knock his duck in the dirt.. and did.. 

Definitely snake oil, and a super fan... but doubt tanking... 

I don't think we disagree.  I just think we have a different definition of tanking.

See I think tanking can be a sin of omission rather than a sin of commission as you seem to think.

ie.  Tanking to me includes not doing everything you can to win right now regardless of the future ie. start a 6 foot rookie over a SB champ or trading your best pass catching back, and I think tanking for you requires coaches and players actually doing things in the game to lose ie. deliberately sit healthy players or intentionally fumble or something.

I doubt Sam will ever be a viable NFL starter, but even if he became Drew Brees, I either doubt the wisdom or question the authenticity of professional football people saying Sam E. is the best choice to win tomorrow's game with the 3 guys who play QB on our roster. 

4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I don't think we disagree.  I just think we have a different definition of tanking.

See I think tanking can be a sin of omission rather than a sin of commission as you seem to think.

ie.  Tanking to me includes not doing everything you can to win right now regardless of the future ie. start a 6 foot rookie over a SB champ or trading your best pass catching back, and I think tanking for you requires coaches and players actually doing things in the game to lose ie. deliberately sit healthy players or intentionally fumble or something.

I doubt Sam will ever be a viable NFL starter, but even if he became Drew Brees, I either doubt the wisdom or question the authenticity of professional football people saying Sam E. is the best choice to win tomorrow's game with the 3 guys who play QB on our roster. 

I understand the move to Sam with the OL playing awful, and Ryan being a turnover machine. And given Ryan gimpy... I did not like saying "Sam is the starter for the rest of the year" though... 

And Frank selling secret sauce narrative... was super duper dumb.. But the media bought up.. chugged it... lol.. 

CtKN.gif

35 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I understand the move to Sam with the OL playing awful, and Ryan being a turnover machine. And given Ryan gimpy... I did not like saying "Sam is the starter for the rest of the year" though... 

And Frank selling secret sauce narrative... was super duper dumb.. But the media bought up.. chugged it... lol.. 

CtKN.gif

The secret sauce is either ketchup and mayonaisse or thousand Island dressing.

Here is my take for what it's worth. I don't care if it is popular or not. 

This team is nowhere near winning a SB.

Per rotoworld. Saturday has given backup job to Matt Ryan and most likely will play him again at some point this season.

This tells me that Saturday is going to try to win and why wouldn't he? He is auditioning for a career as a HC, here or elsewhere.

This ticks me off!! This Saturday hire was a terrible move by Irsay and I really genuinely like Irsay. A Terrible move by this organization.

If we win just enough games to take us out of QB hunt, then we are screwed yet again. 

This team needs to tank without it seeming that way and unfortunately jeff isn't going to buy into that.

:facepalm:

7 hours ago, Nickster said:

The secret sauce is either ketchup and mayonaisse or thousand Island dressing.

Hey man.. I can make a couple different secret sauces, with those ingredients (plus stuff), and are good lol... 

Good night for IN HS FB... flipping between a few games.. 

13 hours ago, Indeee said:

Here is my take for what it's worth. I don't care if it is popular or not. 

This team is nowhere near winning a SB.

Per rotoworld. Saturday has given backup job to Matt Ryan and most likely will play him again at some point this season.

This tells me that Saturday is going to try to win and why wouldn't he? He is auditioning for a career as a HC, here or elsewhere.

This ticks me off!! This Saturday hire was a terrible move by Irsay and I really genuinely like Irsay. A Terrible move by this organization.

If we win just enough games to take us out of QB hunt, then we are screwed yet again. 

This team needs to tank without it seeming that way and unfortunately jeff isn't going to buy into that.

:facepalm:

Archived