Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are making Ehlinger number 2 QB

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Regis probably has nothing to do with Foles or Ryan but going to use him in certain situations. I love this.

You beat me dang it!!

but yeah, this is an interesting change up to say the least. Means if Ryan struggles continue, they’re going to give the kid a shot finally. And I think it’s important to do. Especially with needing to settle the long term question at QB.

that said, I’m not expecting much from Sam. But it will be neat to see what the kid actually has

Just now, csmopar said:

You beat me dang it!!

but yeah, this is an interesting change up to say the least. Means if Ryan struggles continue, they’re going to give the kid a shot finally. And I think it’s important to do. Especially with needing to settle the long term question at QB.

that said, I’m not expecting much from Sam. But it will be neat to see what the kid actually has

This has nothing to do with Ryan or Foles. It’s to try and use his mobility to add some things to the playbook. Think Jacoby with rivers.

8 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This has nothing to do with Ryan or Foles. It’s to try and use his mobility to add some things to the playbook. Think Jacoby with rivers.

I agree for the most part. I think it also has something to do with the fact Ryan has been sacked at a historic rate. Hopefully they change the lineup at RT this week. (not saying sam over ryan, but i am saying sam over foles, in terms of winnability)

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

I agree for the most part. I think it also has something to do with the fact Ryan has been sacked at a historic rate. Hopefully they change the lineup at RT this week. (not saying sam over ryan, but i am saying sam over foles, in terms of winnability)

It looks like smith is going back to RT and Pryor to RG. Mr guess is Foles would still be the starter if Ryan got hurt. 

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It looks like smith is going back to RT and Pryor to RG. Mr guess is Foles would still be the starter if Ryan got hurt. 

I wouldn't be so fast to assume it would be Foles. especially now that Sam is considered 2. 

and I like that . Raimann Nelson Kelly (pinter) Pryor Smith

hopefully Pryor can pickup those stuns better at guard. 

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

I wouldn't be so fast to assume it would be Foles. especially now that Sam is considered 2. 

and I like that . Raimann Nelson Kelly (pinter) Pryor Smith

It will be interesting to see if Foles gets traded. But I really do think it’s just to add a different element to the offense. I love it and am so excited about this.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It will be interesting to see if Foles gets traded. But I really do think it’s just to add a different element to the offense. I love it and am so excited about this.

well sure, but if he's number 2 then he is number 2.

also, Foles appears to be in that elder QB support/QB coach type of role. Also probably runs a considerable portion of scout team stuff. (assuming)

but Foles isn't as high valued as a starter as you may think. all of his recent stints have been awful when he was given considerable playing time. 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

well sure, but if he's number 2 then he is number 2.

also, Foles appears to be in that elder QB support/QB coach type of role. Also probably runs a considerable portion of scout team stuff. (assuming)

but Foles isn't as high valued as a starter as you may think. all of his recent stints have been awful when he was given considerable playing time. 

Trying to think if there is a team that needs a starting QB right now but can’t think of one.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Trying to think if there is a team that needs a starting QB right now but can’t think of one.

foles isnt a starting QB.

so they wouldn't need him for that role anyways. and what would they trade for him? a 7th rounder? a coffee machine? 

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Maybe they figure, the way the line has played, Ryan probably wont make it through the game.

Or they figure if Ryan is gonna get injured, lets make Sam #2 ahead of time, so that Foles isn't slotted in there. Could be a possibility. no way to know. could also just be due to Foles underperforming in practice and Sam continuing to shine. 

Lets Go Football GIF by ESPN

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

foles isnt a starting QB.

so they wouldn't need him for that role anyways. and what would they trade for him? a 7th rounder? a coffee machine? 

That wasn’t my point. There might be a team out there without one and yes he would be a good option.

Holder already addressed the reason why and what he was told. 

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Carolina has P.J.Walker starting this week with Mayfield and Darnold both injured, dont think Foles is going anywhere just stating Panthers need a starting QB

Its probably two things

1- What they stated publically, Brissett 2018, sneaks, options etc.

2- What they didnt state. If the offense keeps looking terrible, we keep losing and a high draft pick looks plausible I think they would want to see Elinger before drafting a QB.

8 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

That wasn’t my point. There might be a team out there without one and yes he would be a good option.

Holder already addressed the reason why and what he was told. 

idc what Holder addressed. Foles is not a starting QB in this league. clearly. 

2019 he was 0-4 QBR 35.5

2020 he was 2-5 QBR 36.0

2021 he was 1-0 QBR 45.6

as you can see his best rating came when he played the least amount of snaps. as with most backup QBs, the larger the sample size, the poorer the performance. he is most certainly, no more than a backup QB, and there isn't a single team in the league that would give us more than a bag of chips and an expired hotel room key for him. he just isn't good. 

24 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

They also have Eason on the PS lol. Wonder if he is backing up Walker this week.

That's the plan as of now...Carolina where former Colts 3rd string QB's go to stay semi relevent....hearing Chad Kelly getting a look from them as well.....

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Foles was another bad move to start with it. Another Reich guy. 

Simply not good. IIRC, got demoted to QB3 in Chicago too. 

Sam is better than him, but the whole thing wreaks like desperation. 

Like a band aide for someone who has lost a bucket full of blood. 

With a horrible OL, might as well put someone under center who can…

Run Running GIF by The Weeknd

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

At this point, wouldn't mind. 

But would likely be a JBish year if it happened. But Sam is probably better than JB... maybe... 

I like this move, especially when the Colts are out of the playoffs mathematically. Let the kid play and see what he’s got. 

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I like this move, especially when the Colts are out of the playoffs mathematically. Let the kid play and see what he’s got. 

Would be awesome if he played great. But I watched him for years in CFB. I just don't see it.

He's good playing backyard ball though. But mobile guys don't always mask bad OLs. 

ND for instance, had a bad OL early and a mobile QB. Played bad.

Then the mobile QB got injured, and a short and limited pocket passer took his place... Now ND is playing better. 

Again this most likely is just to add some different looking plays to the offense. 

16 minutes ago, MPStack said:

We aren’t close to being out of the playoffs. For as bad as we have played our record is still not bad.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Again this most likely is just to add some different looking plays to the offense. 

We aren’t close to being out of the playoffs. For as bad as we have played our record is still not bad.

You feel good about the Colts playoff chances, so be it. I’m not seeing it. 

Kudos to the defense, but the offense is dead last in scoring. 

There are very few dynamic players on a team carefully constructed the last 6 years. 

Archived