Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianpolis Colts' supporting cast needs to carry its weight.

Bolt Colt

“The most impressive thing was on the sideline, his presence,” All-Pro guard Quenton Nelson said. “He never lost hope. Down 20-3, he just kept going back and forth bringing guys up and saying, ‘Let’s go. We still have a chance. We just need a first down.’ That’s a guy you want as a quarterback.

Good Read:

https://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/27699/the-indianpolis-colts-supporting-cast-around-matt-ryan-needs-to-carry-its-weight

Looking for the Colts that I saw in the fourth quarter next week.

1 hour ago, Bolt Colt said:

“The most impressive thing was on the sideline, his presence,” All-Pro guard Quenton Nelson said. “He never lost hope. Down 20-3, he just kept going back and forth bringing guys up and saying, ‘Let’s go. We still have a chance. We just need a first down.’ That’s a guy you want as a quarterback.

Good Read:

https://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/27699/the-indianpolis-colts-supporting-cast-around-matt-ryan-needs-to-carry-its-weight

Being from Atlanta, Ryan probably thought he was back playing for the falcons in the first half of the game.

1 hour ago, Bolt Colt said:

Good Read:

Honestly I think it’s a bit embarrassing this is something new to Q on this supposedly high character team. Has no one been taken responsibility for morale so far?

5 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Honestly I think it’s a bit embarrassing this is something new to Q on this supposedly high character team. Has no one been taken responsibility for morale so far?

He doesn’t really say it was new just that it was impressive.  Sometimes when the right guy says something like this it’s just different.  Like Dungy telling the guys in the 06 title game when they were down “it’s still our time.”  Saturday, who was one of the leaders, admitted he was starting to lose a little faith and has talked about thinking man he really believes this so maybe it’s true.  I’d take this just for praise for what kind of leader Ryan is and frankly maybe what they didn’t have last year at QB.

In case anyone was curious about Julio and Tampa: 3 catches for 69 yards with a 23 yard average reception. 

Outside of Pittmans performance for 121 yards and TD: Hines 6 catches for 50 yards. Next was Dulin with 3 for 46, Campbell with 3 for 37, Strachan with 2 for 36, MAC with 2 for 26, Granson with 3 for 22, Taylor with 4 for 14 and Pierce with 0. 

That Julio guy sucks. Had more yards by himself than several of our catchers put together. 

But they like our receiving corps eh?

17 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

In case anyone was curious about Julio and Tampa: 3 catches for 69 yards with a 23 yard average reception. 

Outside of Pittmans performance for 121 yards and TD: Hines 6 catches for 50 yards. Next was Dulin with 3 for 46, Campbell with 3 for 37, Strachan with 2 for 36, MAC with 2 for 26, Granson with 3 for 22, Taylor with 4 for 14 and Pierce with 0. 

That Julio guy sucks. Had more yards by himself than several of our catchers put together. 

Yeah... So far the fears about the WR corps are justified. They've got to get better. 

It's funny to me that you guys still crap on our WR's - when the playbook was finally opened up Ryan found Campbell and Dulin and Strachan open on good routes and good execution in the 4th Quarter and OT. When the coach was restricting much of the playbook to the JT and Pittman show by being ultra conservative for much of the game it showed....

I don't see $hitty receivers, I see a potato for a play caller who plays things way too close to the vest right now. He is not the same man that used to play in the K-Gun offense in Buffalo that is for certain......

What's even more frustrating is the conservative play calling followed by an over the top lets go for it on 4th and Goal instead of staying conservative and taking the 3 points that were there to be had.....totally changed the whole momentum for the middle two quarters. Take those points and the outcome is different - just like our loss to Buffalo in the playoffs - had he taken those three simple points we win that playoff game! 

That is on the coach!

7 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

It's funny to me that you guys still crap on our WR's - when the playbook was finally opened up Ryan found Campbell and Dulin and Strachan open on good routes and good execution in the 4th Quarter and OT. When the coach was restricting much of the playbook to the JT and Pittman show by being ultra conservative for much of the game it showed....

I don't see $hitty receivers, I see a potato for a play caller who plays things way too close to the vest right now. He is not the same man that used to play in the K-Gun offense in Buffalo that is for certain......

What's even more frustrating is the conservative play calling followed by an over the top lets go for it on 4th and Goal instead of staying conservative and taking the 3 points that were there to be had.....totally changed the whole momentum for the middle two quarters. Take those points and the outcome is different - just like our loss to Buffalo in the playoffs - had he taken those three simple points we win that playoff game! 

That is on the coach!

A couple drops for sure but also 350 yards passing. Pierce will get better....the Packers #1 draft pick dropped an easy touchdown and he was all alone....it happens. Strachan is starting to become a factor too.

14 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

That is on the coach!

While I generally agree our WR groups’ performance would be better with better playcalling, Frank didn’t drop two TDs. 

2 hours ago, Bolt Colt said:

Good Read:

I noticed after the one sack where Brayden was blown up… again, he went up and down the line where his OL was seated. Very Peyton Mannjng Esq, he didn’t look happy at all. 

then later I saw him do it again, suddenly, Taylor takes off and we charge back. 

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

He’s also catching balls from a Legend at QB and a stacked roster

12 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Why wasn’t it Dulins fault? Catch and hold. Easy 

I think it was ABSOLUTELY Dulins fault!! If you watch you see Dulin takes one of his hands off the ball trying to be cute ( so it seemed) . The defender did make a play on the ball but he should have never had that chance to make the defensive play. Just like JT going out of bounds instead of getting the first on 3rd down. You have to know where that line is. Its those FUNDAMENTALS that i hold more harmful then the ball off the fingertips of a wr . 

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I noticed after the one sack where Brayden was blown up… again, he went up and down the line where his OL was seated. Very Peyton Mannjng Esq, he didn’t look happy at all. 

then later I saw him do it again, suddenly, Taylor takes off and we charge back. 

I mentioned that in the chat when they showed it. I liked seeing that ALOT. All the panic in the Game day threat was hilarious but thats expected with the fan/troll base we get on here. We all know who those are cus you NEVER see them when the Colt's are doing good or they complain about everything. 

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

I think if they don't make the playoffs it will because of the wr Corp. I am not sure Ballard can survive that  or do I think he should.

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He’s also catching balls from a Legend at QB and a stacked roster

This brings up a good point also. Everybody was saying how trash the Texans are, in WHO's eyes , its week 1 everybody is on the same line. Just because they might be trash on paper or don't have any flashy names don't make a team trash. There is not one that can't beat or be beaten by any other team in the NFL. Now in week 4 or 5 we might be able to say ok it don't look like this team is doing anything this year.

56 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

That is on the coach!

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

48 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

That is on the coach!

Was thinking the same... Some people/groups... don't deserve blame lol. Like WRs and TEs... 

Also was pondering on Reich (his history, scheme, etc)... Kgun, to calling too many passes in LA/SD, under Pederson in Philly, and now.. hmmmm.

31 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Why wasn’t it Dulins fault? Catch and hold. Easy 

2 teams.

Deep - DPI on DB, no flag

EZ - should have caught the ball, but DB had a perfect punch.

18 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yup.. Bad game by Smith. Interesting to see PFF... 

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

That is on the coach!

The playbook opened up because HOU played soft pass coverage.

55 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The last one?  If you see the replay from another angle the defender was holding his arm down.

I’m talking about the one where had caught the ball than got it knocked out of his hands in endzone. If you’re talking about a different one I apologize 

43 minutes ago, strt182 said:

I think it was ABSOLUTELY Dulins fault!! If you watch you see Dulin takes one of his hands off the ball trying to be cute ( so it seemed) . The defender did make a play on the ball but he should have never had that chance to make the defensive play. Just like JT going out of bounds instead of getting the first on 3rd down. You have to know where that line is. Its those FUNDAMENTALS that i hold more harmful then the ball off the fingertips of a wr . 

You know, I haven’t seen much talk about that Taylor play. It was a rare mental mistake by him  but it was huge in my opinion. I remember looking up and seeing we still had 2 timeouts and I was so confused. He could’ve lowered his shoulder or made a move to make him miss and were easily past midfield. 

2 minutes ago, Indy87 said:

was this not a catch and fumble? He made a football move and secured it. If I understand correctly isn’t that a TD?

You have to control it all the way down.  NFL catch rules are strange.

16 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

I’m talking about the one where had caught the ball than got it knocked out of his hands in endzone. If you’re talking about a different one I apologize 

Yeah we are talking about different plays.  He has to make that catch in the endzone.  I agree with that.

11 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

You know, I haven’t seen much talk about that Taylor play. It was a rare mental mistake by him  but it was huge in my opinion. I remember looking up and seeing we still had 2 timeouts and I was so confused. He could’ve lowered his shoulder or made a move to make him miss and were easily past midfield. 

I was pretty miffed when that play happened. There was lots of mental errors all around. Just like everybody blaming Frank for not having players ready ect. Give some of that blame to the CBA thats soft and limits the number of padded practices. I do blame Frank for alot of things and Matt should have seen more time in preseason for sure. 

1 minute ago, strt182 said:

I was pretty miffed when that play happened. There was lots of mental errors all around. Just like everybody blaming Frank for not having players ready ect. Give some of that blame to the CBA thats soft and limits the number of padded practices. I do blame Frank for alot of things and Matt should have seen more time in preseason for sure. 

League has been getting softer and softer every year. 

1 hour ago, IrsaysArmy said:

200.gif

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

The playbook opened up because HOU played soft pass coverage.

kinda... 

Ds do not respect the entire field, because of our shallow passing scheme, and ++run.

So Ds condense. And that makes it harder to our QB/receivers (completing shallow passes)... 

After they got up big, we had to go deeper, and they played deeper zone. 

So Ryan had room to work... JT too. 

If we tossed a few deep shots early, the Ds would change... Easier for QB/WRs.. 

Shouldn't dismiss impact of our scheme to Ds, and our QB.. 

16 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

End of year Ballard gonna say what he always say maybe I should have had a vet etc….

Archived