Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard Presser at 4

Restinpeacesweetchloe

To sum up so far:

Denbow to IR.  Not season ending.  Will make a move later today.

Like theirs oline guys.  They do like Dennis Kelly and will see how that plays out.

Thinks TY can still play but likes their guys but won’t rule TY out

Hot Rod is their kicker

Losing Weatherford was hard but really like the linebacker they got for special teams.

They are going to pay Big Q.

Leonard being on the field is like the start of spring camp for him.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Last year we had like 72 nfl starts with our backups. This year we have zero starts and like 20 snaps. Fries is the only one with snaps. 

Ok it doesn't mean they can't learn as they go....he mentioned dennis kelly so he may be back eventually 

3 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Ok it doesn't mean they can't learn as they go....he mentioned dennis kelly so he may be back eventually 

They definitely can, but throwing inexperienced OL to the wolves is a recipe for disaster. If one of our starting OL go down, we have a pretty steep drop-off in talent/experience with the depth we have at the moment. Hopefully we can get a healthy Dennis Kelly back to shore up our T depth and maybe bring Haeg back to Indy as well.

8 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

As long as they’re learning as they go in practice with Matt wearing a red shirt, that’s fine.

Not in real games.

33 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Seems like Leonard won’t be close to at least 80% until later in the season. Either the D has to step up more or Offense has to carry more of the load. Can’t have a slow start with the schedule.

“Wont be close to 80 percent until later in the season”.  

Where did you get that?    I didn’t hear Ballard say that.     Is this your view?  

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

“Wont be close to 80 percent until later in the season”.  

Where did you get that?    I didn’t hear Ballard say that.     Is this your view?  

I guess it’s put together from Reich saying Leonard will play when he’s 80% and Ballard saying he could play week 1 or week 6. 

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

I guess it’s put together from Reich saying Leonard will play when he’s 80% and Ballard saying he could play week 1 or week 6. 

Thanks, appreciate the response.   

Personally, I think that’s several conclusions that have been jumped to….   But maybe that’s just me?  

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thanks, appreciate the response.   

Personally, I think that’s several conclusions that have been jumped to….   But maybe that’s just me?  

Maybe. It’s a worst case scenario at least. 

With Leonard on the field practicing again I doubt it’s going to be week 6. Ballard said he’s pain free - that’s HUGE. He ‘just’ needs to get football ready again. 

51 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Lol why not? That's what they're going with for right now

Raimann is our 2nd string L and maybe RT.

Fries is our backup L and RG.

Pinter is our backup C. 

French is 3rd string C.

I'm not keen seeing French Fries!

knock on wood brothers

31 minutes ago, krunk said:

Sounds like he could be Ryans replacement after he retires if arrow keeps pointing up

Since Foles is here for two years I guess you hope Sam becomes the backup in 24 is the last year of his contract which maybe is Ryan’s last year. Then Sam takes over in 25. I find it hard to believe they would cut Foles next year after hearing how important it was to get that two year contract.

Archived