Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Report to training camp

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

So glad it’s here.  

Anyone else concerned that the team is so determined to break the JAX curse that the Texans could sneak up on us?  Don’t laugh.  I won’t until that game is over.  

I’m interested in what the expectations are for the season internally in the organisation and among the players. 

To win the division?

We’re 3.5-2.5 in the division over the last 4 seasons. 
3.17-2.83 over the last 6 seasons. 
3.63-2.37 over the last 8 seasons. 
with the last time we swept the division being 2014. One of the worst divisions in football. That’s terrible. 

I have a lot of hope for this season with the new defensive scheme and additions to the team. But honestly looking at our schedule and our division record over the past years there’s a real chance we could go 0-5. 

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I’m interested in what the expectations are for the season internally in the organisation and among the players. 

To win the division?

with the last time we swept the division being 2014. One of the worst divisions in football. That’s terrible. 

I have a lot of hope for this season with the new defensive scheme and additions to the team. But honestly looking at our schedule and our division record over the past years there’s a real chance we could go 0-5. 

0-5 to start the season? Not sure what you mean?

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Lol. I know I have been critisized in the past for views on Darius. I just find him some what of a attention seeking player and some what fragile emotionally.

As long as he plays like the all-pro he has been, he can cry to love story movies all day and I would not care. :banana:

Just now, Solid84 said:

Yes, to start the season. :thmup:

If that happens, I would be shocked as many would be in here. I honestly think we can start 4-1 but we have had a knack losing on opening day and at Jacks. I can't see a team like Houston even in the same class as us especially now that we have Matt Ryan. Stranger things have happened though.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If that happens, I would be shocked as many would be in here. I honestly think we can start 4-1 but we have had a knack losing on opening day and at Jacks. I can't see a team like Houston even in the same class as us especially now that we have Matt Ryan. Stranger things have happened though.

Not saying it will definitely happen. I don’t think it’s unreasonable at all to expect better than 0-5. But I can honestly say I wouldn’t be shocked at all. Disappointed definitely.

In my mind we HAVE to start 2-0. The next 3 games are tough, but if we want to be anybody in this league we need to beat the good teams. But I wouldn’t be shocked if Reich has us starting slow as per usual. 

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Not saying it will definitely happen. I don’t think it’s unreasonable at all to expect better than 0-5. But I can honestly say I wouldn’t be shocked at all. Disappointed definitely.

In my mind we HAVE to start 2-0. The next 3 games are tough, but if we want to be anybody in this league we need to beat the good teams. But I wouldn’t be shocked if Reich has us starting slow as per usual. 

Starting 2-0 is crucial I agree. Winning on opening day and ending the Jacks curse would be huge. Yeah 2 bad teams on paper but divisional games which are never easy. If we start 2-0, I think this team can play more loose and the pressure won't be as bad to win as in years past when we started 1-5 in 2018 or like last year starting 0-3.

4 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Being 2-0 also gives us an early leg up in division wins over Tennessee.

7 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Reich would be fired if we start 0-5. People don’t realize how important having Ryan at OTA. Colts haven’t had their starting QB at OTA since before Luck. The. Covid last two years. It will make the difference.

If not for a rash of injuries, I would have to agree with this.  I know Jim doesn't do firings during the season, but seeing the meltdown vs Jax last year coupled with a slow start this year, I could see it (Reich being fired) happening.

That being said, I'm hoping for 4-1 after 5.

Nice.... football is back :thmup:

Hope everyone here had a good off-season. I've definitely been peeking in occasionally, but I'm glad to be posting again. 

Let's get that Super Bowl run going...

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

To win the division?

There is very little chance at an 0-5 start

On 7/26/2022 at 11:42 AM, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I have no issue with Wentz not being a leader. However, his play was not able to trump his lack of leadership. If u can play at a franchise level at any position, you can be a hermet for all I care and I doubt  your team mates would care much.

Archived