Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think the Colts just got a leg up for the AFC South

carmelcolt

If we're not careful we could end up 3rd in the division. I know we like to rag on the Jags, but at some point they're going to improve and be a dangerous team. They've made some great additions so far. Not to mention we just can't seem to beat them at their place. I'm content with the changes we've made this offseason so far, but as of today we're still behind. Let's see how everything looks by Sunday evening. 

10 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

If we're not careful we could end up 3rd in the division. I know we like to rag on the Jags, but at some point they're going to improve and be a dangerous team. They've made some great additions so far. Not to mention we just can't seem to beat them at their place. I'm content with the changes we've made this offseason so far, but as of today we're still behind. Let's see how everything looks by Sunday evening. 

Be careful. I said this and caught a bunch of crap for it.

11 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

If we don't  get wr help we may even  be 4th

It's a fair point. If Trevor Lawrence becomes even 'only' Blake Bortles, they'll improve. Houston will struggle i think. The Titans are the defending champs and remain the team to beat. This division isnt going to get given to the Colts, we have to go out and take it.

Jags will be much improved, I can see them winning 8 or 9 games but they are not there yet. Close though. Another reason why we need to be all in in 2022. 2022 will be wide open with KC not being as dominant - lost HIll, Bills are very good but they do choke and we beat them 41-15 last year with Wentz at QB, Pats are not the Pats of old, Cincy IMO is good but very beatable. This thing is wide open in the AFC, a lot of good teams but nobody is great. I think Russell Wilson is great but I am not sold on Denver's roster winning more than 9 or 10 games either. Browns are the Browns, Watson will probably get suspended and if it is 8 games, they are toast.

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

If we don't  get wr help we may even  be 4th

Yeah those Texans are pretty mighty. If we can get TY to re-sign, we may be able to edge them out haha 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That rook may end up being good for them but for next year I think it is a win for us. It could change after that but Brown caught a lot of important passes from Tannehill in clutch situations last year. 

He may not be as good but AJ wanted 100 million$ after two 1000 yard seasons.

thats just too much imo, Pittman had more yards than him last year.  they already have some big contracts this may have been a smart move for them 

AJ is a big loss but I like what the Titans have done.. added Woods for pennies and drafted another speedy WR. Plus they have a high pick in Round 2.

Jags got better as well.. drafting Walker and then trading back in for a Lb, combine with Josh Allen and they’ll be better on D.

Even Houston looks to be on a decent path in a couple of years.

The South will be competitive, so as CB has said, they gotta get it right this weekend. 

10 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

AJ is a big loss but I like what the Titans have done.. added Woods for pennies and drafted another speedy WR. Plus they have a high pick in Round 2.

Jags got better as well.. drafting Walker and then trading back in for a Lb, combine with Josh Allen and they’ll be better on D.

Even Houston looks to be on a decent path in a couple of years.

The South will be competitive, so as CB has said, they gotta get it right this weekend. 

I don't think Burks is the "speedy" type WR.  He's essentially AJ Brown-lite.  6'3", 225, run after catch possession type.  4.55 forty time.  I think it's along the lines of what SF did with Javon Kinlaw after trading Buckner to us.  Try to get the same type of player, albeit most likely a lesser version, instead of paying the premium contract.  Woods has been very good though.  If he comes back to form then that definitely softens the blow of losing AJ.

32 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

He may not be as good but AJ wanted 100 million$ after two 1000 yard seasons.

thats just too much imo, Pittman had more yards than him last year.  they already have some big contracts this may have been a smart move for them 

After reading more about it, I agree.   It was not a bad move for the Titans but a smart one.  

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

After reading more about it, I agree.   It was not a bad move for the Titans but a smart one.  

Indeed and honestly  can't  say it helps us until the season  starts and we see how each teams new pieces  fit

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The chance of Burks being better than Brown are extremely low. There's a very good chance he busts, and there's also a very good chance that he's an average WR. He'd probably have to be the best WR in this class to be better than Brown, and I doubt that is the case. Titans fans are livid at that trade.

I live in Nashville and am laughing at all the upset Titans fans. Their GM has made some bonehead draft picks as of late, and this trade of AJ was simply stupid on their part. 

2 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

Brown wanted too much money and they already replaced him.  i dont think its as big of a win for us as most people seem to

I could almost guarantee you this trade will not work out for them. Burks is nowhere near the WR Brown is. 

25 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I could almost guarantee you this trade will not work out for them. Burks is nowhere near the WR Brown is. 

I think he was asking too much, I would have traded him rather than pay brown the 100 million$ contract.  Burks doesnt need to be better, they can actually afford him and he will be on a fair deal

I just dont think brown is worth that 

It doesn’t automatically make the Colts AFCS champs, but that was a major loss for the Titans. Brown was arguably their best player, along with Henry and Jeffrey Simmons. Burks may or may not pan out, but there’s no question the Titans got a little worse last night.

There’s also a high probability that the Titans take a QB tonight with their next pick. They have the 5th least cap space in the league, and trading AJB did nothing to change that since he was still on his rookie contract. Their easiest path to creating a significant amount of space is by replacing Tannehill with a guy on a rookie contract. 

So let's say that Pittman gets 100 catches this season (very probable).   We have him until 24, but what if he wants the same type of bump that Brown, Metcalf and Deebo are looking (looked) for going into 23.

What will Ballard do?  We all know he's not going to commit $20M+ to a WR, right?

That's another reason for going WR at 42 tonight.

Archived