Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Now that you've shown your true colors, I'd expect nothing less than ad hominems and hissies from you. You can't really back your viewpoint and can't handle someone disagreeing, so you get in a snit about it. Speaks for itself, sadly. 

But hey if you want to be a Carmichael shill and cling to 700 yds/yr being greatness, even in the 70s or so era, knock yourself out. I doubt you'll find many who agree, but whatever. Excuse me or anyone else for having an opinion that disagrees with yours.

Not to interrupt somebody else's argument, but Carmichael is in the Hall of Fame.  Somebody's got to think he was a pretty good player.

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hello!!   Please post trade details ASAP!!

The Colts traded the #179 overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft and a 2023 third-round pick (not the conditional third-round pick acquired from Washington in the Carson Wentz trade) to the Denver Broncos for the #96 overall pick.

This trade surprised me! I was just about to go to bed and wait for day three thinking the action was over for the night.  Nick Cross is a good pick and could compete for one of the starting spots if he works on his coverage skills.  He has the speed to keep up with most receivers and he is a good tackler. 

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m now guessing….  That tomorrow we will trade our own 5, pick 159 along with a 2023 fifth round pick to get into the bottom of the 4th round.    

I hope from there, we’re taking a Corner or a DL. 

I think a player for the defensive interior like Thomas Booker from Stanford would be a nice pick.  It also wouldn't hurt to take a look at another OL to provide more depth.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m now guessing….  That tomorrow we will trade our own 5, pick 159 along with a 2023 fifth round pick to get into the bottom of the 4th round.    

I hope from there, we’re taking a Corner or a DL. 

I agree.  With the select of Nick Cross, my dream of getting Smoke Monday is probably over.  But Tariq Woolen is still out there.  Coby Bryant is still out there.  Josh Jobe is still out there.  I can see a late round DB in our future.

Archived