Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

All true. The sooner the better the QB situation is solidified so the team can fill out the rest of the roster and field a playoff team. I am not stating the I have any knowledge to the situation other than this is what I hope happens.

I agree with you and more importantly I am sure Ballard agrees with you but this could be beyond his control.  He is also under pressure to get this right because he can’t afford another miss.  He’s probably not going to rush this so some patience might be required. With that said I think there is a good chance this wrapped up by Tuesday (that doesn’t mean I think they are getting Ryan).  I just think IF Ryan is getting moved and the Browns need to move Baker and I expect those two moves to be done by Tuesday.  If not all signs will point to Marriota or Jimmy G as teams needing a QB will be dwindling too.  

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

So browns have added Watsons backup. What are you waiting for Berry. Free Baker.

The best deal he can get like any good GM.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Eh, if the Browns aren’t liking their offers I could see why they’re waiting. No need for them to rush.

Yeah as long as the Texans are patient with them on the Watson deal (and they have waited this long no reason they wouldn’t wait a little longer) they pretty much have until the draft to trade him.  

Case Keenum on Baker Mayfield:

Keenum said it was a small miracle" every week Mayfield was able to get on the field,

"I did have a front row seat to one of the gutsiest, toughest performances of a quarter

back playing in a season that I have ever seen, culminating in the other night and how

he battled his tail off to really bring us back into that game and keep us in it," Keenum

said on January 5. "I think his entire season he was battling a lot of things. He is one of

the toughest guys I know, and he is a fighter. He came to fight every single day and

pushed through a lot of adversity just to get on the field on Sundays."

1 minute ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Keenum said it was a small miracle" every week Mayfield was able to get on the field,

"I did have a front row seat to one of the gutsiest, toughest performances of a quarter

back playing in a season that I have ever seen, culminating in the other night and how

he battled his tail off to really bring us back into that game and keep us in it," Keenum

said on January 5. "I think his entire season he was battling a lot of things. He is one of

the toughest guys I know, and he is a fighter. He came to fight every single day and

You would think colts would like that toughness. 

Was listening to the locked on colts podcast today and they were going over Colts possible QB.  The guy on with him said Baker is emotional but very coachable.

Also  just seen that Ballard’s ace in the hole is Mariota. So apparently he is waiting to see what happens with colts before he signs anywhere because he wants to place here.

Here are the teams that could draft rookie QBs before the Colts

Panthers They might trade for one too

Seahawks They might trade for one too

Texans I think they stick with Mills 

Steelers Someone to take over for Trubisky 

Lions Someone to take over for Goff

Titans Someone to take over for Tannehill 

Colts in a trade up are probably looking at Corral or Ridder 

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

You would think colts would like that toughness. 

Was listening to the locked on colts podcast today and they were going over Colts possible QB.  The guy on with him said Baker is emotional but very coachable.

Also  just seen that Ballard’s ace in the hole is Mariota. So apparently he is waiting to see what happens with colts before he signs anywhere because he wants to place here.

Yes because anywhere else Mariota goes he would be backup 

10 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

But yet somehow he is a child!  Go figure.  Sounds good to me

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

So browns creating more cap space. 

How are teams doing this? & when does it catch up? Why can’t Colts sign everybody & do this? Sign Armstead, Matheau, Tonyin, get a QB - then, restructure half our team. 

There is no crisis, there is no G.M. blowing it, except of course in respect to one's own expectations. 

If I was to guess at Ballard's mindset, I would begin with his statement that is not all about one guy. I agree with the man. I wish I had a time machine. I would take a tally of all those fans (now) who say that you can't get it done without THE guy at QB, and go back in time to the beginning of last year to create a poll of who they thought would be in the SB...

Aaron Rogers & Pat Mahommes

or 

Matt Stafford & Joe Burrow

I have a suspicion that zero folks choose the later....

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

So browns creating more cap space. 

Does the Colts front office not know how to restructure contacts?

How are these teams with no cap space grabbing all of these good players? Meanwhile the Colts have the most and literally had to trade for a player to get them to join. Lol

It’s crazy to me.

9 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

.....and he's neighborly too.

In that Progressive commercial Alice Cooper's package was mistakenly delivered to Baker and he promptly brought it to Cooper. 

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

How are teams doing this? & when does it catch up? Why can’t Colts sign everybody & do this? Sign Armstead, Matheau, Tonyin, get a QB - then, restructure half our team. 

You have to get the players first. When you sign great players, some of them usually then agree to restructure so the team can sign more great players.

We do not get the players.

3 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

How are these teams with no cap space grabbing all of these good players? Meanwhile the Colts have the most and literally had to trade for a player to get them to join. Lol

It’s crazy to me.

You restructure when you need cap space.  For the Colts cap space hasn’t been the issue thus no restructuring.  You have a GM who has said from day one he doesn’t believe in big name free agents.  Yet Colts fans every year ignore that and expect him to become someone he’s not.  I am not saying I agree with Ballard’s free agent approach but I do recognize like it or not it’s who he is.

7 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

It’s crazy to me.

Simple. No QB means no free agents

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

You restructure when you need cap space.  For the Colts cap space hasn’t been the issue thus no restructuring.  You have a GM who has said from day one he doesn’t believe in big name free agents.  Yet Colts fans every year ignore that and expect him to become someone he’s not.  I am not saying I agree with Ballard’s free agent approach but I do recognize like it or not it’s who he is.

True, I understand that. I have been patient and understood he wasn’t that type of GM.

For some reason this off-season, I expected different. Maybe because of the “All in” approach from Irsay and Ballards off season interviews. I was obviously wrong..

Just so surprised based off of how last season ended…

3 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

True, I understand that. I have been patient and understood he wasn’t that type of GM.

For some reason this off-season, I expected different. Maybe because of the “All in” approach from Irsay and Ballards off season interviews. I was obviously wrong..

Just so surprised based off of how last season ended…

The all in comment was about mind set not a strategy.  It’s looks more and more like it was passive shot at Wentz as I don’t think Irsay felt he was all in last year mentally and is most likely why he’s in Washington right now.

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Then he needs to go. You can’t just rely on the draft. Then add this fiasco with the QB situation and I am done with him.

32 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah as long as the Texans are patient with them on the Watson deal (and they have waited this long no reason they wouldn’t wait a little longer) they pretty much have until the draft to trade him.  

Or after. Browns have no rush.

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Simple. No QB means no free agents

Not necessarily but I’m sure it doesn’t make things any easier

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Then he needs to go. You can’t just rely on the draft. Then add this fiasco with the QB situation and I am done with him.

That’s fine to feel that way, heck even Polian would go get a free agent when it made sense, but it’s not up to us and I don’t think Irsay cares what we think.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The all in comment was about mind set not a strategy.  It’s looks more and more like it was passive shot at Wentz as I don’t think Irsay felt he was all in last year mentally and is most likely why he’s in Washington right now.

Combine what Irsay said with that Leonard interview earlier, and I think it was more than one player that got lax and wasn’t all in. And it could be why some of the names we expected to be resigned aren’t or weren’t. Just a theory though

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Combine what Irsay said with that Leonard interview earlier, and I think it was more than one player that got lax and wasn’t all in. And it could be why some of the names we expected to be resigned aren’t or weren’t. Just a theory though

I agree I made my feelings about the lack of leadership on the Colts last year known in another thread but I think Irsay knows it starts with the QB so if your QB isn’t all in it’s not likely the others will be.

Archived