Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

10 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

1 Everything is fine

10 Fire Ballard Tank Season 

1 to 10

Where are you at

on that scale of 1-10, I’m at -7.2537, yes negative 7.2537...

not because I think everything is fine, but because honestly, in the grand scheme of things, I’m gonna root for them whether they have Peyton manning at the helm or Sam or Curtis or whoever. And because we’re on he brink of ww3 and frankly, worrying about who the colts get to unscrew themselves, is so low on my concern list, it really doesn’t matter to me. 

that said, I still reserve the right to vomit if we get Mariota, Winston, or Jimmy G. And I reserve the right to have to fight the urge to vomit if we go for Baker or Ryan. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, csmopar said:

on that scale of 1-10, I’m at -7.2537, yes negative 7.2537...

not because I think everything is fine, but because honestly, in the grand scheme of things, I’m gonna root for them whether they have Peyton manning at the helm or Sam or Curtis or whoever. And because we’re on he brink of ww3 and frankly, worrying about who the colts get to unscrew themselves, is so low on my concern list, it really doesn’t matter to me. 

that said, I still reserve the right to vomit if we get Mariota, Winston, or Jimmy G. And I reserve the right to have to fight the urge to vomit if we go for Baker or Ryan. 

Well said.

Slim pickins for us right now. They all suck in one way or another.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Turn off your phone. Take a break before you burn yourself . Appreciate the tweets you post but I think you need to catch your breath 

I have been doing my Diamond painting today. I have been.  I always try and do it a couple hours a day because it always is relaxing. I have had some other stuff going on in my life that has been kind of stressful lately. Makes me mad colts have to be so stressful because it usually is fun to talk about them. But right now it isn’t.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I have been doing my Diamond painting today. I have been.  I always try and do it a couple hours a day because it always is relaxing. I have had some other stuff going on in my life that has been kind of stressful lately. Makes me mad colts have to be so stressful because it usually is fun to talk about them. But right now it isn’t.

It's always fun 

I'm not advocating for Baker, but he did almost beat Mahomes and Herbert and had the browns off to a 3-1 start which could have been 5-0 if the defense didn't let Mahomes and Herbert do Mahomes and Herbert things

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yep just embrace the suck 

So true. I'm sure you know someone who roots for a terrible franchise.

I have a SD Padres fan in the family. No conversation about baseball has ever gone into championship aspirations... Lol

1 minute ago, IinD said:

So true. I'm sure you know someone who roots for a terrible franchise.

I have a SD Padres fan in the family. No conversation about baseball has ever gone into championship aspirations... Lol

Long time Cubs  fans have nothing to more to  learn about that particular subject.  The Pads and Steve Garvey was the first heart ripper when I was a preteen lol.

4 minutes ago, #12. said:

Hopefully.  They have been talking for a week.

He mentioned some how they have to find a way  to get to Ryan’s agent without it being  tampering.  Otherwise Falcons have to grant them the request to talk to him. Remember Stafford would probably have been a colt  had Mcvay not bumped into Stafford in Cabo. 

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He mentioned some how they have to find a way  to go get to Ryan’s agent without it being  tampering.  Otherwise Falcons have to grant them the request to talk to him. Remember Stafford would probably have been a colt  had Mcvay not bumped into Stafford in Cabo. 

I'm not sure I understand all of that, as Ryan's under contract.

Anyway, the sense I get from Holder and from things coming out of Atlanta is the deal was done, so maybe it can be salvaged.  Perhaps Atlanta will just decide to move on and do the deal anyway.  

14 hours ago, stitches said:

None of them are long term solutions :dunno: In essence you are getting the same thing in all of them and none of them are good enough to get you to where you want to be... the question is how much you would pay for bandaid and is it worth having slightly better bandaid for the price you are going to pay? 

It’s not worth the price when the price is both draft picks and cash. And if the issue at hand is that Ballard wants to stop putting a band-aid on the QB situation, maybe it’s not even worth signing a bridge QB at all.

5 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I don’t know, I think getting Baker kind of takes us out of drafting a QB for a while.

Baker only has one more year on his contract.   We’d have to come to terms on a new deal if put them franchise tag on him for a year or two if need be.   

Id like to believe you’re right and hope things go well.   But I don’t think I’d bet much on that.   I’ll try to be optimistic, but things could get weird in a year or two. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Baker only has one more year on his contract.   We’d have to come to terms on a new deal if put them franchise tag on him for a year or two if need be.   

Id like to believe you’re right and hope things go well.   But I don’t think I’d bet much on that.   I’ll try to be optimistic, but things could get weird in a year or two. 

One thing they are saying on this Twitter spaces was Ballard and Reich have to sit him down and tell him that this is not a place to get comfortable. Your going to have to earn a extension. You haven’t earned anything here yet.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

One thing they are saying on this Twitter spaces was Ballard and Reich have to sit him down and tell him that this is not a place to get comfortable. Your going to have to earn a extension. You haven’t earned anything here yet.

delivers matthew GIF

1 hour ago, Architects08 said:

Trading for Baker Mayfield- 6.5

Trading a 4th for Baker Mayfield- 6.9

Trading a 3rd for Baker Mayziel- 7.2

Trading a 2nd for Jaker Manziel- 7.6

Trading a first for Johner Manziel- 8.5

Trading for him and extending him- 10

Remember, Seattle wants him too.   So there’s competition.   That typically raises the price.   PLUS, Seattle has the advantage of being in the NFC, away from Cleveland,  and that works against us. 

Cleveland is not going to do us a favor.  They’re going to make the best deal for them and we will have to hope the price isn’t too terrible. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Remember, Seattle wants him too.   So there’s competition.   That typically raises the price.   PLUS, Seattle has the advantage of being in the NFC, away from Cleveland,  and that works against us. 

Cleveland is not going to do us a favor.  They’re going to make the best deal for them and we will have to hope the price isn’t too terrible. 

If they outbid us so be it

Archived