Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders Colts Predictions

danlhart87

The Raiders are a Jekyll and Hide kind of team. They have wins against current potential (in the hunt) AFC playoff teams the Colts could be competing against for a spot including Ravens, Miami, Browns, Steelers, and Broncos. These teams are 1-2 games back of the Colts for a playoff spot. If the Raiders win Sunday they will have the same record as the Colts. This game could go either way and the Raiders aren't a top 10 draft pick team that the Colts are going to cruise through. 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of you know that the Raiders coach resigned after week five and they have since been coached by their ST coach. Their #1 receiver who was budding into a star killed a woman with his car after he was out drinking. Their #1 draft pick CB was let go after threatening people with a gun through social media right afterwards (albeit he wasn't a starter).  Seems this team should've folded earlier in the season but here they are playing for a playoff spot. 

52 minutes ago, LV-FrontRow said:

The Raiders are a Jekyll and Hide kind of team. They have wins against current potential (in the hunt) AFC playoff teams the Colts could be competing against for a spot including Ravens, Miami, Browns, Steelers, and Broncos. These teams are 1-2 games back of the Colts for a playoff spot. If the Raiders win Sunday they will have the same record as the Colts. This game could go either way and the Raiders aren't a top 10 draft pick team that the Colts are going to cruise through. 

Quite the murders row of QBs the Raiders have played the last couple of weeks. 

I will be shocked if they are playing past next weekend. 

29 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Quite the murders row of QBs the Raiders have played the last couple of weeks. 

I will be shocked if they are playing past next weekend. 

Yeah, they can only play the QB's in front of them. Might possible be the same type scenario this weekend. 

1 minute ago, LV-FrontRow said:

Yeah, they can only play the QB's in front of them. Might possible be the same type scenario this weekend. 

Yep. 

And they still damn near lost both. 

Look, I get this Covid thing is throwing all these games into one big unknown.  But I am not sold on the Raiders as a legit threat. 

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

Yep. 

Look, I get this Covid thing is throwing all these games into one big unknown.  But I am not sold on the Raiders as a legit threat. 

Well the Raiders will be a walk in the park for the Colts. Might as well take the Jags seriously sort of. Both of the last opponents for the Colts this season face interim head coaches. EASY picking for the well coached Colts. 

Big game for the Colts today. My season record is now 11-4 after last weeks game. I don't think the raiders can compete with this Colt team. The solid depth some of us have been talking about on this team the past 2-3 years really stood out last week(Odum, Speed, Rodgers, the line except for Davenport, just to name a few). This should be a game we win easily, but everyone knows nothing is easy in this league, so I'll go with a 9 point win for the Colts today. Go Colts!

If Wentz plays, Colts 31, Raiders 16

If Wentz is out, Raiders 20, Colts 17

The difference between Wentz being in or out is massive IMO. I have it valued at about 14 points. I also think the Raiders score a bit more due to being on the field a bit more if he's out.

If Wentz is in, we can still depend on Taylor running the ball with a solid O-Line, and Wentz can keep them honest by throwing the ball 25-30 times today and keeping them off balance on defense. If Wentz is out, then we will be pretty one-dimensional, they will dare Sam to throw, and I believe we will have lots of 3 and outs while they win Time-of-Possession. Wentz will be the difference in blowing them out and losing a close one IMO. That's how much he means to this team and the difference in skill between him and Sam IMO.

On 12/31/2021 at 7:27 PM, jskinnz said:

Yep. 

Seems the Colts thought the Raiders weren't a threat as well. 

Raiders still damn near lost this one also.

Archived