Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Texans, December 5, 2021, 1:00 PM EST

NFLfan

Just now, Btown_Colt said:

Teams will start focusing on him, smart by the Colts! Hehe

They’re already focusing on him. Practice makes perfect. And we don’t care what other teams do.  Our mindset should be that our OLine & JT can’t be stopped. 

12 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

bengals are taking this game over colts will be ahead of the chargers soon .   if the raiders and denver lose colts are in the playoffs

Joey Bosa is out with a head injury.  That hurts the Chargers.

• NFLfan locked and unpinned this topic
  • NFLfan unfeatured this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Coltswire has a couple good articles out right now.   Think it deserves its own thread.   https://coltswire.usatoday.com/lists/indianapolis-colts-stock-report-preseason-bills-week-1/   Stocks up: Dayo Fries Banogu   Stocks down: Verity Wilcox Kalinic     Goes more in depth in the link, obviously.      Happy to see those 3 playing well. Wilcox was getting abused in coverage.   Fries seems to be getting pretty good reviews for his performance.
    • I went back to 2000 for every QB that was drafted in the 1st round.  There was 61 QBs taken.  I went through and marked which ones I felt were FRANCHISE QBs, which to me means a top 5-10 QB in the NFL.  I am sure there was will be some argued about. Like didn't consider Kyler Murray a franchise QB.  But out of 61 QBs taken, I had 17 down as franchise QBs. That is a terrible hit rate.   My whole point is I know at some point we have to get the next Andrew Luck.  But just to take a guy in the 1st round to say we have someone usually doesn't work.  And will cost jobs.  We need to be in the right position AND have the right guy there, like what we had with Luck and Manning. QBsDrafted.xlsx
    • For all of you who were screaming about the Colts taking Jordan Love a few drafts back, please never do that again.  I get so tired of hearing the Colts HAVE to draft a QB and guys like Jordan Love have all this potential.  So, how would Chris Ballard and Frank Reich look now if he was our QB?  Would they even still be here?  Please understand a golden rule. Picking a QB in the first round doesn't guarantee a franchise QB.  In fact, more times than not, the player is a bust.  To get a real "franchise" QB, the Colts are going to have to luck into an Andrew Luck type by either being terrible, trading many draft picks to move up, or get lucky and find a sleeper.  And I diagree with guys like Kevin who say the Colts HAVE to pick a QB in the next years draft. I think Ryan will play 4 years at a high level So it wouldn't make sense. I would rather the Colts either have the #1 pick with an Andrew Luck player there OR pick someone in the 2nd/3rd round and get lucky with that person.  But please no more Jordan Love/Malik Willis/Justin Fields/Kyle Trask talk.  Taking someone raw in college and grooming them into a top NFL RARELY happens. I would say Josh Allen is the ONLY one I can think of recently. Most of the time, they are busts.   Jordan love is a TERRIBLE QB. I said that before the draft and I stick to it.  You gotta know what you are watching!
    • Anyway. Think the Colts will take it all the way to the deadline? Question for everyone.   Quite a few claims already, a trade.   You know Ballard is always looking at everything.
  • Members