Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Week 12 Reich Grievances Thread (MEGA MERGE)

Rally5

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Btown_Colt said:

So because a bunch of fans on a message board don’t know who should be hired as the next head coach we shouldn’t have an opinion on the head coach….makes sense.

Well, you guys want him out so I posed the question, only fair. Anyone can say I want this guy gone that is easy to do. At least most of the people in here that say trading for Wentz was wrong post they would've drafted QB or many wanted Fields, etc.. 

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

I just realized people killed Frank for not making adjustments. He did that and was still killed LMAO.

It’s easier to blame the coach than blame the players.  People want to be mad at Frank fine.  I’ve said he should have sprinkled in a few more runs but run or pass you simply can’t turn the ball over five times against any team in the NFL, let alone Tom Brady and the defending World Champions, and expect to win.  That’s my point.  I would have like to see a little more running and better defense too but if you don’t change the five turnovers the other things probably won’t change the outcome IMO.

11 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

What about his record?

I dont want him gone I want him to learn from his mistakes. He continues to lose these important games and its inexplicable how he fails to see the part he plays in the losses.

Reich’s record. He has had a different QB every season. He has made the playoffs in 2 of 3.You can argue had Jacoby not got hurt we might of squeezed in and made it in 2019. Had luck not retired he would of made playoffs again. This is all while rebuilding this team. That’s pretty impressive. Now he at least has some stability at QB and maybe things can continue to build off this season instead of having to start over next season.

As Ballard said, the team is never about one player.  If it is, then we don't have enough other good players to spread the ball to when needed.

I think 31 pts per game in about the last 7 games speaks for itself.

You can't score on every series.  There will be stinkers, even when penalties and turnovers don't kill them.

I'd like to see stats on which teams have had the most 3 and outs.....failing to move the ball at all.  I'd think we rate pretty low in total number.

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

It’s easier to blame the coach than blame the players.  People want to be mad at Frank fine.  I’ve said he should have sprinkled in a few more runs but run or pass you simply can’t turn the ball over five times against any team in the NFL, let alone Tom Brady and the defending World Champions, and expect to win.  That’s my point.  I would have like to see a little more running and better defense too but if you don’t change the five turnovers the other things probably won’t change the outcome IMO.

Jake Querry I thought had a good explanation about this and it makes sense. It’s hard to blame players because people can’t put themselves in a played shoes because of athletic traits ect. Everyone today thinks they can be A GM or coach. Fantasy football doesn’t help that either. It’s easier for people  to put themselves in coaches shoes then a GM or coach.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I'd like to see stats on which teams have had the most 3 and outs.....failing to move the ball at all.  I'd think we rate pretty low in total number.

I feel more confident in this offense against good teams, than when A Luck was running the offense....and I am still a huge Luck fan. 

30 minutes ago, Myles said:

A defense doesn't even have to consider stopping the run when you pass 25 times in a row.   Taylor is also the best player the Colts have.  To not use him is something Reich has done before in games that we have lost.   Reich cannot handle being the head coach and the play caller.   

That's the point though. They didnt give a hoot whether we passed 12 times and ran 12 times, they were playing to stop the run either way.

Reich? The guy with the top scoring offense in the league since like week 4? Okay, yeah lets go get Jon Gruden. Cmon. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is a classically flawed post.   If you’re only degree of satisfaction is reaching the Super Bowl, then I’d prepare yourself for bitter disappointment. 

Who are the best QBs of this era….  Outside of Brady and Manning….

Rogers.    1 SB

Favre.        1 SB

Roethlisberger.  2 SB

Brees.        1 SB

Warner.       2 SB

Wilson.        2 SB

Ryan.            1 SB

McNair.         1 SB

Garroppolo.   1 SB

Romo.             0 SB

Reaching the Super Bowl is hard.   Most QBs don’t.    If your only way for you to be happy is winning a SB, odds are you’re going to be disappointed.    As far as I can tell, most Colts fans are disappointed we didn’t have more trips to the Super Bowl with Manning.   Two isn’t enough.   As far as I can tell,  you’ve set yourself up to be an unhappy fan year after year.   

Since Peyton has won the SB in 2006, here are you are SB winning QB's:

2006 - Peyton

2007 - Eli

2008 - Roethlisberger

2009 - Brees

2010 - Rodgers

2011 - Eli

2012 - Flacco

2013 - Wilson

2014 - Brady

2015 - Peyton

2016 - Brady

2017 - Foles

2018 - Brady

2019 - Mahomes

2020 - Brady

In 15 seasons only Peyton, Eli, and Brady have won 2 or more SB's. Some people act like winning a SB is easy lmao . Rodgers is arguably the greatest talent this game has ever seen at QB and he has 1 SB win, Colts fans need to let that sink in. Brees has all the key records statistically and he has only 1 SB win and we gift wrapped that one for him. 

33 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Your realize 31 would have been enough had they managed the game better?

Managed the game better? How about players catch the ball? how about the returner doesnt fumble? How about the defense stops a 2nd half play? IIRC Tampa scored on every single 2nd half drive.

24 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Thats a lot of mumbo jumbo.

Look Frank can be whoever he wants to be. But his ideas have not worked against elite competition. His record is atrocious in these games. 

He can learn from it and do better. Or he can talk about how happy he is with the job he is doing while he racks up more losses. 

Even with the greatest player of all time, i remember another Indy coach getting the same exact treatment and the same 'he cant win a big game, he cant win big games' commentary. Never change Indy :D

2 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Can I be unhappy with the poor play calling at times but still think Frank should be our coach?  The coach didn’t cost us the game but he cost us a quarter. Add the turnovers and we lost a close one that dropped us to a losing record at home. 

I’m unhappy Hines muffed a punt but I want him fielding them next game

Im unhappy Pittman didn’t play well and let someone go up over him for an int. I still want him lining up wide next game. 

Im unhappy Fisher wiffed a block that turned into a strip sack. I want him protecting the blind side next game. 

I’m unhappy we abandoned the run for so long but still want our head coach calling plays next game. 

I can be extremely unhappy with how the team is doing but still want to see them next week. I just want them to do better.  Every single one of them needs to do better.  Except JT, he is doing great lol. 

Nothing wrong at all with being critical of Frank, Wentz, Fish, or whoever. If they play bad or Frank has some head scratching calls I get it. I am critical of players and coaches but to say we should get rid of someone everytime we lose is comical when people do that, JMO.

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

As Ballard said, the team is never about one player.  If it is, then we don't have enough other good players to spread the ball to when needed.

I think 31 pts per game in about the last 7 games speaks for itself.

You can't score on every series.  There will be stinkers, even when penalties and turnovers don't kill them.

you're way oversimplifying to try to justify your point.  It's not so much about one player as it is about completely ignoring one important aspect of the game....the running game.  if they took Taylor out and gave the carries to Jackson, Hines or Mack, that would have still been infinitely better than not attempting a run for over an entire quarter.

It was proven in the other threads that when the colts at least attempt to run the ball (even in a pass heavy offense with a 2:1 pass to run ratio):

-the colts commit far fewer turnovers

-the colts punt far less frequently

-the colts score more efficiently

something that won't show up on any stat sheet:  when run blocking, the offensive line gets to attack the opposing defensive line.  when pass blocking, the opposing defensive line gets to attack our offensive line.  it only stands to reason that the opposing defensive line will wear down far more quickly when they're being attacked than when they're doing the attacking.  this only helps the passing game by wearing down the opposing pass rushers.

even the great peyton manning wasn't able to beat teams all on his own.  the one time they had the most success from an offensive perspective in the playoffs was when he continued to utilize the running game with addai and rhodes.  how many years did the offense stink up the place in playoff games because peyton put everything on his shoulders and failed to utilize the running game, even when it was very successful in the regular season?  

Frank was given one of the best offensive lines in football which is one of the best in run blocking in the league, and maybe above average in pass blocking.  he wasn't scared to play to his strengths against buffalo so I can't even fathom why he refused to do the same against the bucs.  in his post game presser he tried to justify by saying the run wasn't working in the first quarter.  that's true.  what he failed to mention was that the run game was successful in the 2nd quarter and that's when the offense as a whole was the most effective and scored the most points.  

it's no coincidence that the colt's record is far better when they attempt at least 18-20+ rushes vs the very poor record in games when they rush for 15 or fewer.  spread the rushing attempts around to mack, hines, jackson and taylor if you want.  that's fine.  it's still keeping the defense honest.  though, it only makes sense to give as many as possible to the guy averaging over 5 ypc, even against the best rush defenses in the league.  one of the few non-qbs to get himself into the mvp conversation.  

31 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

That's the point though. They didnt give a hoot whether we passed 12 times and ran 12 times, they were playing to stop the run either way.

Reich? The guy with the top scoring offense in the league since like week 4? Okay, yeah lets go get Jon Gruden. Cmon. 

So you agree with Reich in the Titans game?   Leading pretty much the whole game and passing 54 times vs 16 rushes.   That is what you stand behind.  

6 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Reich is one of the greatest assets the Colts have; he is awesome. Hope he is the coach and calling plays for years to come. 

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or happy he is our coach. I will say this I think he is right guy for the job. I hope he is our coach for years to come. After watching Chuck and our boring offense for years (he even had prime Luck) and him punting on 4th and 1 constantly, Frank is a God send. By the way I liked Chuck and thought he was an average coach, wasn't bad but Frank is better period.

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

So you agree with Reich in the Titans game?   Leading pretty much the whole game and passing 54 times vs 16 rushes.   That is what you stand behind.  

Titans are not the Bucs. We never tried to run against Titans. That’s on Reich. We tried against Tampa.  He tried to get run doing. Tampa is a rare team with the bodies up front. 

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

This is a pass happy league. Mahomes threw it 50 times at Raiders and the Chiefs only ran it 25 times and they won 41-14. There have been several Bills games where Allen has thrown it nearly 50 times and they have only ran it around 20 times. I mean if this fanbase doesn't trust Wentz then he shouldn't be here in those peoples minds, JMO. Lets just run Taylor 30 times and call it day I guess lmao .

6 minutes ago, J@son said:

he was Tampa Bay's greatest asset yesterday :thmup:

Yeah, Reich was TB's greatest asset when he had his team in position to bury them, and still on the edge of their seat until the last second even after 4 flukey turnovers/gifts.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or happy he is our coach. I will say this I think he is right guy for the job. I hope he is our coach for years to come. After watching Chuck and our boring offense for years (he even had prime Luck) and him punting on 4th and 1 constantly, Frank is a God send. By the way I liked Chuck and thought he was an average coach, wasn't bad but Frank is better period.

I was being genuine. 

1 minute ago, Tsarquise said:

Yeah, Reich was TB's greatest asset when he had his team in position to bury them, and on still on the edge of their seat until the last second even after 4 flukey turnovers/gifts.

I was being genuine. 

Reich only had his team in position to bury TB heading into the 3rd quarter.  He became TB's greatest asset when he absolutely abandoned the running game allowing TB to come back, take the lead and win the game.  In the 4th quarter, Reich barely gave his team a chance to come back and try to get a flakey win after handing the game to TB in the 3rd quarter. :thmup:

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

But..Frank coached the Hines fumble, the Carson strip fumble, and the Pittman drops!  

He needs to go.  

you're so much smarter than this 

1 minute ago, Douzer said:

As of this moment, only one team has scored more points than the Colts 340, and that's Tampa's 347. Let that sink in...

Great point and nobody has brought up the fact when we were up 24-14 that the D couldn't hold a 10 point lead. Both of Wentz turnovers were in Tampa's territory. The Hines fumble gifted them 7 but outside of that our D stunk in the 2nd Half.

7 minutes ago, Douzer said:

As of this moment, only one team has scored more points than the Colts 340, and that's Tampa's 347. Let that sink in...

let this sink in:

22 hours ago, Btown_Colt said:

Tired of playing, chew on this:

1st series. 2 runs 4 yards

image.png.58272262d5e6cacfd493ddf0df7f5e29.png

2nd series: 0 runs

image.png.cf0e3b4bc222b70c1bf5726881310dd8.png

3rd series: 1 run -2 yards

image.png.f9394f379f612ee107b6d8cf2bf5b2bd.png

4th series: 1 run no yards. 2nd play fumble

image.png.fd1c5da724092860cc7e82c34470311b.png

End of 1st quarter = 5 runs for 2 yards. Obviously not good, but I wouldn't say we ran ALOT. 7 passes. Pretty balanced.

Here is where it gets interesting....2nd quarter

5th series: 1 pass to JT for 8 1 run for 5, TD to Dulin - 2 pass 1 run but the pass was a screen - balanced

image.png.2b89c498336dc3b9140bfc2cbd698ca4.png

6th series: 6 pass 4 runs for 21 yards - hmm balanced. 5 yards a carry

image.png.a958d4d6f7dd7e826a3a528a170179b3.png  image.png.106bd62c1f67e8aefc54fbcb6cf54831.pngimage.png.6249a0860d076d0aae91af98ef723f6a.png

7th series was last series of the half...no JT after he was finally starting to get decent runs or short passes. Had the D guessing.

9 yard pass, 5 yard pass, sack, incomplete, Wentz scrambles for 16 yards, 3 yard run up the middle to Hines, 12 yard pass, incomplete, incomplete, 22 yard pass, incomplete, 9 yard pass, incomplete, passing TD on 4th down with JT back in the game. 

Start of 3rd quarter:

Incomplete to Hines, pass for -3 to JT, incomplete, 15 yard pass, 5 yard pass, 15 yard pass, fumble -----not one run

next series:

incomplete, 11 yd pass, incomplete, incomplete, 11 yd pass, 7 yd pass, interception

next series

incomplete, pass play Wentz scrambles 10 yard holding penalty, 8 yard pass, false start, pass but Wentz scrambles for 2 yards, punt - not one run

next series:

JT 5 yard run, JT 15 yard run, JT 5 yard run, 7 yard pass to Hines, JT 10 yard run, JT 15 yard run, JT 1 yard run, JT 3 yard run,

10 yard pass to Hilton, JT 4 yard TD run.

next series:

72 yard kick off return, incomplete, interception.

Enough freaking said. When they used JT, good things happened. When JT was in the game, good things happened. When they were balanced....great things were happening.

It is you that does not have a clue. LMAO

and this

On 11/28/2021 at 8:39 PM, EastStreet said:

0-5 when pass happy. 

I guess it's all coincidence 

Points scored are great, but if they don't translate to wins then they don't mean much at all

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great point and nobody has brought up the fact when we were up 24-14 that the D couldn't hold a 10 point lead. Both of Wentz turnovers were in Tampa's territory. The Hines fumble gifted them 7 but outside of that our D stunk in the 2nd Half.

Yep, the Defense has given up 283 points, and that's bottom 8 in the league. They can't hold a lead or close out a good offense.

I generally like the playcalling.  I tend to prefer punting over going on 4th, and i tend to take the 3 rather than being aggressive on 4th.  However, i think Frank wins more of them than not.  
  What concerns me, is how we allowed Gronk run wild.  An obvious mistake not to gameplan the guy.  Also, the defensive collapses late in games has continued.

I dont think Frank is a bad coach, or playcaller.  But something is missing.  Cant put my finger on it.  More from a standpoint of managing the overall ebb and flow of a game.  When we’re on, we’re on.  But when we’re not, we look sloppy and overwhelmed.

4 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I generally like the playcalling.  I tend to prefer punting over going on 4th, and i tend to take the 3 rather than being aggressive on 4th.  However, i think Frank wins more of them than not.  
  What concerns me, is how we allowed Gronk run wild.  An obvious mistake not to gameplan the guy.  Also, the defensive collapses late in games has continued.

I dont think Frank is a bad coach, or playcaller.  But something is missing.  Cant put my finger on it.  More from a standpoint of managing the overall ebb and flow of a game.  When we’re on, we’re on.  But when we’re not, we look sloppy and overwhelmed.

TE's have been killing us all year, see Andrews for the Ravens. The thing that is missing is our D can't hold leads. Our D scheme sucks and I have been saying that for 2 years.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well, you guys want him out so I posed the question, only fair. Anyone can say I want this guy gone that is easy to do. At least most of the people in here that say trading for Wentz was wrong post they would've drafted QB or many wanted Fields, etc.. 

don’t lump me in. I never once said I want him fired. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Exactly, we were up 22-3 at Ravens, 14-0 vs the Titans, and 24-14 yesterday but it is Frank's fault we blew those leads, yeah right haha that makes sense Tonight Show What GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

it's been spelled out numerous times by numerous people in the simplest of words why Frank's playcalling played the biggest part in those losses.  He has killed momentum, put the team in poor situations, made the team one dimensional (which makes any team far more likely to commit turnovers) etc etc.  

No one is saying the losses were exclusively his fault, but he was the biggest factor.  

For the record, I'm not saying to fire frank.  I like his scheme and I like his play design.  but too many times his playcalling has sucked a big one and has made it far easier for the other team to come back against our defense, that everyone knows is still striving to be above average.  the very best play callers strive for balance.  they know that going one dimensional makes it far easier for the opposing defense.  the very best head coaches know to use their team's strengths and NOT exploit their own weaknesses.  the offensive line and the running game is by far the Colts biggest strength right now and their passing game is far, far more effective when they maintain even a modicum of balance.  when they go one dimensional, they lose.  that is easily the biggest and most obvious common factor in each of the losses

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

TE's have been killing us all year, see Andrews for the Ravens. The thing that is missing is our D can't hold leads. Our D scheme sucks and I have been saying that for 2 years.

well, I mostly agree but not completely.  what gets lost by a lot of people is that Buffalo (one of the best defenses in the league) runs an incredibly similar scheme under Leslie Frazier.  Having said that, I'm not a fan of the scheme and would prefer something more along the lines of what Jack Del Rio, Marvin Lewis or Steve Spagnuolo would run.

As for the TE issue...well yeah that's definitely a product of the scheme.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The D relies on players we dont have , i think.  We still arent getting pressure, and the injuries in the backfield have certainly added to the dilemma.

Wish we had a stud safety.  

I miss an enforcer back there.

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

The D relies on players we dont have , i think.  We still arent getting pressure, and the injuries in the backfield have certainly added to the dilemma.

Wish we had a stud safety.  

I miss an enforcer back there.

That is a huge problem, if we get no pressure we are screwed in this scheme. There were times yesterday when Brady had 5 seconds to throw and that is no exaggeration.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree about the TE's, but I'm not sure about the scheme per se. The pass rush and pass coverage rooms still need more talent. Without talent, any scheme fails.

2 minutes ago, Douzer said:

I agree about the TE's, but I'm not sure about the scheme per se. The pass rush and pass coverage rooms still need more talent. Without talent, any scheme fails.

I think the same thing that hurts our offense hurts our defense. It’s not talent, it’s play calling. We blitz at a rate that is lowest in the league. Or close to it. We play a soft zone with DBs 5-10’yards off WR. We jam no one at the line. Then we go prevent anytime we have a lead.

Archived