Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Week 12 Reich Grievances Thread (MEGA MERGE)

Rally5

7 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

You can worry about both.

Im saying lets not ask our QB to win a showdown with Tom Brady. Our QB won that battle easily. They took the ball out of Brady's hands.

Lets do what we do best. Which is clearly have a balanced offense. No, lets execute better. All the balance in the world means jack if you do the dumb things we did yesterday. When his team lost to Washington, Arians called them a dumb team and that's exactly what we played like yesterday....made dumb mistakes INDIVIDUALLY

Our best performance of the year?

Carson Wentz barely broke 100 yards passing. We ran the ball against that team because they cant stop the run and were missing their best run stopper. The lesson isnt that we went heavy and relied on JT.

We are not a passing team. No. We are not a passing team. We are not a running team either. We are a team who takes what we're given, and theoretically a defense cant stop you because you can counter whatever action they take. 

Not to mention they dont have Jonathan Taylor! They dont have JT but they have a stable of backs who're good enough. Their run game is probably better than ours.

We won't agree on this. I just dont see how we put up 31 on that team and even with the turnovers and mistakes, folks are focused on the passing game and offense? 

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yes its bad play calling, I haven't heard many defenses of 22 in a row, but if you can't determine the significance of it, the bad play calling simply becomes an immaterial discussion about ideology...how is it best to call a game. 

Then you're judging Frank on an ideological standard, not by the results of what happened.  (And giving up 37 points is why we lost, 23 pts in the second half)

It was 3 series in the 3Q.  If all passes were called and the results were 3 and outs giving the ball right back to TB each time...which would have been only 9 passes.....then you have better ammo to question the play calling.  But the fact that 22 passes in a row over 3 series even happened (if you look at the beginning of that string, it was a 2Q TD to TY), proves that we were moving the ball with it.

So the consequences here are, what would have been the incremental increase in yardage and outcome if we sprinkled in runs along the way?  Yes, its about "whataboutism" for both the critics and the supporters.  Fantasy play calling is exactly that.

Reich had a great response to this just a little bit ago about what the difference would of been.

2 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

The box score, do I need to do the math for you to? 
Pats trailed by 3 after the first quarter. Sometime in the 2nd the Pats had a lead of 1-4 points…but by the end of the half they had a 1 point lead. Sometime in the 3rd, the bucs scored 7 more giving them a 6 point lead until the end of the 3rd. Sometime in the 4th, the pats scored 10 and the bucs scored 6. Point being the Pats either trailed or were up by less than 1 score the entire game….totally different circumstances then having a 10 point lead starting the 3rd quarter with the ball in your hands

These are your numbers.

1st quarter Bucs 3 pats 0

2nd quarter Bucs 3 Pats 7

3rd Quarter Bucs 7 Pats 0

4th Quarter Bucs 6 Pats 10

I'm not trying to be facetious. What exactly is your point when these numbers are clearly nonsense?

5 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Dude we actually scored when we were "donating downs to the opponent"......wth are you talking about?

WE DID NOT SCORE DURING THE STRETCH OF 27 STRAIGHT PASS PLAYS!

Not every play needs to be a homerun.

We also are not the Patriots. Nobody praised Bill Belichick for not running the ball. HE DID NOT THROW IT 27 TIMES IN A ROW!

Nothing you are saying is accurate or makes sense. Just stop.

You keep acting like what Reich did worked. It didnt work at all. It produced turnovers and blew a lead. 

Umm yes we did. We scored at the end of the first half. The two minute drill included that 27 pass attempts.

2 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

Bucs 19- Pats 17. The Patriots passed 40 times. Ran 8 times. Strategically Frank Reich was spot on. We did not execute otherwise we'd have won. All this talk of honest defenses doesn't hold always, sometimes the plan is to keep the defense honest but not when they dont give a flip about honesty, not when they're cheating to stop your best guy and force you to go elsewhere. 

Lets think about it strategically, the Bucs cheat to stop the run, they expect you to pass and we did. From that point it's about executing. We did not. You dont run JT against that box just because you're keeping the defense honest. There was no honesty involved yesterday. Dont buy that jive the media are selling lol. The game was plain clear to see. Our plan, our adjustments, their plan, their adjustments. I liked our plan better but we didnt execute when we needed to on offense. We needed to be perfect and we were not. 

JT is our best player but running him would be fooling exactly no one. Carson needed to play better, our line needed to be better, receivers were shamed yesterday and needed to be better, we needed to execute better.

Quick note, i expect we can win out :D I have one game that i worry about, New England (even more than Arizona). And you'd better get ready to see us pass 30 straight times because they're going to come in and stack the box to stop the run. We'd better be ready to execute

They couldn't stop titans run attack but made the Titans turnover the football.

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich had a great response to this just a little bit ago about what the difference would of been.

Figured. 

If you want to criticize Wentz for being too Wentz-centric, that's where the critics need to go.  But he probably also read the defense correctly.

I guess he forgot to read the analytics about how well JT runs against "stacked boxes".

6 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

The Bucs gameplan for Washington wasn't the same as what they had against us. And just so i know, what is your grouse? That we made mistakes in execution? Because if it's that we abandoned the run, that in itself makes no sense to grouse about. We put up 31, WFT put up 29. Why are you not mad about that?

Why are you moving the goal posts? My grouse (assuming that means issue with the game) is that the head coach abandoned the run with 0 reason to do so. My grouse is that JT is the best player on the O and he ignores him. My grouse is that when he didn’t ignore him….the team

was freaking winning. 

so the Bucs didn’t have the best run d when they played Washington? Or

they just didn’t care about the run, or what exactly are you trying To say? The point is that the WFT remained BALANACED & wait for it…..it worked. Who woulda thunk it

4 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

We won't agree on this. I just dont see how we put up 31 on that team and even with the turnovers and mistakes, folks are focused on the passing game and offense? 

We had 24 at halftime.

We scored 7 the rest of the game. Coincidentally when we handed the ball to Jonathan Taylor.

3 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

These are your numbers.

1st quarter Bucs 3 pats 0

2nd quarter Bucs 3 Pats 7

3rd Quarter Bucs 7 Pats 0

4th Quarter Bucs 6 Pats 10

I'm not trying to be facetious. What exactly is your point when these numbers are clearly nonsense?

Lol nonsense? 

0DC7FDF5-B04A-4374-9FBF-D5FB8A918C20.jpeg

6 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Dude we actually scored when we were "donating downs to the opponent"......wth are you talking about?

WE DID NOT SCORE DURING THE STRETCH OF 27 STRAIGHT PASS PLAYS! Correct, and it wasn't because the passes were terrible. 

Not every play needs to be a homerun. No one is arguing this.

We also are not the Patriots. Nobody praised Bill Belichick for not running the ball. HE DID NOT THROW IT 27 TIMES IN A ROW! Yeah he was worse, he ran only eight times all game lol

Nothing you are saying is accurate or makes sense. Just stop. Sorry, it makes perfect sense to me. I dont agree with your logic at all. i.e. run the ball just for licks and giggles. 

You keep acting like what Reich did worked. It didnt work at all. It produced turnovers and blew a lead. We were up 24-14 and Eric Fisher lost his block when we were marching right down the field to go up 31-14. Passing was working. We had to execute. Okay, so lets say we ran and ran, and probably wound up with 3rd and long, then what? You're saying we wouldn't have turned over the ball? i.e. JT doesnt fumble? Cos that has never happened?

3 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

We had 24 at halftime.

We scored 7 the rest of the game. Coincidentally when we handed the ball to Jonathan Taylor.

That’s what happens when you don’t secure the ball. 

1 minute ago, Colt.45 said:

Actually we did score. That 27 pass attempts included that two minute drill at the end of the half.

getting in thirds and long would of created turnovers. Then yes they would of pinned their ears bsck.

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Im sorry but this is just ridiculous. 

He still couldve called runs outside of those 6 particular plays. 

So Reichs justification is that he called 6 RPOs, a play designed to be a QB read NOT a run play, and the QB successfully read the defense on those plays?

What about the other 21 pass plays coach? You couldnt have called any runs there?

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

How many Super Bowls have the Colts been in since Manning? They won’t play in another one if the love fest continues. This is a business and hard core decisions need to be made to win championships. New England made them with coaches and players and the Colts not so much. Do you think New England would have given 25 million to a player to retire and have a nice life? I think not!

This is a classically flawed post.   If you’re only degree of satisfaction is reaching the Super Bowl, then I’d prepare yourself for bitter disappointment. 

Who are the best QBs of this era….  Outside of Brady and Manning….

Rogers.    1 SB

Favre.        1 SB

Roethlisberger.  2 SB

Brees.        1 SB

Warner.       2 SB

Wilson.        2 SB

Ryan.            1 SB

McNair.         1 SB

Garroppolo.   1 SB

Romo.             0 SB

Reaching the Super Bowl is hard.   Most QBs don’t.    If your only way for you to be happy is winning a SB, odds are you’re going to be disappointed.    As far as I can tell, most Colts fans are disappointed we didn’t have more trips to the Super Bowl with Manning.   Two isn’t enough.   As far as I can tell,  you’ve set yourself up to be an unhappy fan year after year.   

1 minute ago, GoatBeard said:

Im sorry but this is just ridiculous. 

He still couldve called runs outside of those 6 particular plays. 

So Reichs justification is that he called 6 RPOs, a play designed to be a QB read NOT a run play, and the QB successfully read the defense on those plays?

What about the other 21 pass plays coach? You couldnt have called any runs there?

He actually did say that. What he said though is that isn’t what caused the loss and he has no regrets. The RPO. got us more yards.

4 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

We had 24 at halftime.

Bill Belichick will put a dragon on JT. You'd better be prepared to see Wentz throw 60 times and probably 40 consecutive. 

5 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

We had 24 at halftime.

We handed the ball to JT only 8 times to get the 24. 

If you want to say that we should have handed him the ball 5 times during that 20 pass 3 series stretch, I'm guessing that you will assume that a sack/fumble and a pick never happens because of the 5 runs sprinkled in.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Did we not March  right down the field to open the second half? Then Fisher wiffed.

So you just expect to throw it every down and never make any mistakes?

I see.

Passing is high risk, high reward. When it doesnt work out it can be catastrophic.

Its part of the reason I dont mind a 3 yard run once in awhile.

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

How many Super Bowls have the Colts been in since Manning? They won’t play in another one if the love fest continues. This is a business and hard core decisions need to be made to win championships. New England made them with coaches and players and the Colts not so much. Do you think New England would have given 25 million to a player to retire and have a nice life? I think not!

Still complaining and moaning over the money Irsay gave Luck at retirement.   Dear God.   It didn’t hurt the Colts one bit.   We were way below the cap.   It was a non-issue. 

And one of the things Jraft reportedly did was force Belichick to trade Garoppolo to SF for the #2 they got.   BB reportedly didn’t want to do that deal.  

But by all means, keep complaining about things that don’t matter and never mattered. 

4 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Yeah, you are presenting the scores in EACH quarter. Go look up the cumulative scores. Please. 

3+3=6

0+7=7

pats have 1 pt lead at half.

7+0=7

7+6=13

pats trail 6 after third

7+10=17

13+6=19

pats trail 2 after 4th

did I do that right? Someone check my math please 

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

We handed the ball to JT only 8 times to get the 24. 

If you want to say that we should have handed him the ball 5 times during that 20 pass 3 series stretch, I'm guessing that you will assume that a sack/fumble and a pick never happens because of the 5 runs sprinkled in.

No Doug, Im saying you give the ball to your best player.

This isnt brain surgery.

2 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Then they will lose. Because you dont win doing that crap. Carson Wentz aint that guy.

You go with what gives you the best chance to put up points, that's the objective of the game. 

The Pats will give something to take something, the task is to accept what they give while playing clean football.

Simple sport really when all the disguises are taken away. Tampa didnt disguise, we just didnt execute.

Carson aint the guy to win to pass on occasion? Then Carson aint the guy period. Go back and get Jacoby

33 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

How many times have the Colts been top 10 in offensive DVOA under Frank? How many times have the Bears been there?

I've pointed out in this thread how the Pats ran 8 times versus throwing 40 times when they met the same Bucs, you aint gotta look far.

The only stat that matters is wins. This years Colts team has greatly underperformed and Frank is a BIG reason for it. His leadership and game decisions have resulted in losses and not wins. 

2 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

No Doug, Im saying you give the ball to your best player.

This isnt brain surgery.

If it was as simple as giving the ball to your best player, the league would be handed to Patrick Mahomes on a platter in perpetuity. Luckily it isnt. 

Just now, Blueblood23 said:

The only stat that matters is wins. This years Colts team has greatly underperformed and Frank is a BIG reason for it. His leadership and game decisions have resulted in losses and not wins. 

Wins? Cool, lets go get mike McCarthy

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Still complaining and moaning over the money Irsay gave Luck at retirement.   Dear God.   It didn’t hurt the Colts one bit.   We were way below the cap.   It was a non-issue. 

And one of the things Jraft reportedly did was force Belichick to trade Garoppolo to SF for the #2 they got.   BB reportedly didn’t want to do that deal.  

But by all means, keep complaining about things that don’t matter and never mattered. 

The money paid to Luck was love that Isray had for him. My point is tough decisions have to be made to win championships and Irsay has failed to make them. You are right he can throw away his money like a drunken sailor. It’s his money and he can do whatever.

6 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

3+3=6

0+7=7

pats have 1 pt lead at half.

7+0=7

7+6=13

pats trail 6 after third

7+10=17

13+6=19

pats trail 2 after 4th

did I do that right? Someone check my math please 

Screenshot much better. Now point to where New England led all game. Point to where they led by more than 3 at any point in the game.

*I watched this game from cover to cover. New England started off wanting to run, they gained nothing, they threw the run game inside the bowels of Alcatraz's dirtiest toilet.

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 5.40.08 PM.png

Just now, Colt.45 said:

Screenshot much better. Now point to where New England led all game. Point to where they led by more than 3 at any point in the game.

*I watched this game from cover to cover. New England started off wanting to run, they gained nothing, they threw the run game inside the bowels of Alcatraz's dirtiest toilet.

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 5.40.08 PM.png

LOL I never said they did. I said the opposite that they trailed and that’s why they had to keep passing, or it was at least more justified than in our game. 

You’re playing with me right. Funny jokes

I will post Reich’s presser today but I will reccomend you all go watch. I can’t believe it though Reich dissed the fans about the run pass. I loved it was great. He goes let’s just make it clear when your passing and it’s working no one has complaints. Right. Let’s make that clear. I haven’t laughed so hard. Then he outlined why the pass was working. We should feel lucky we have a coach who will go into this much detail.

Archived