Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Week 12 Reich Grievances Thread (MEGA MERGE)

Rally5

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Frank and Wentz were at the game.  They saw how JT was running when his number was called.

Your opinion that they could have run well during the run plays that were not called is not better supported that Frank's or Wentz opinion that they could not run well on the running plays that were not called.

Unless you subscribe to "whataboutism"

I dont even understand what you are trying to say here Doug.

2 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

200%

The thing i like about Bruce and his team is their strategy is never hard to figure out. 

Against teams like New England and us, they know what kind of run game they're facing so they stack up and cheat HEAVILY to make sure that run is gone. They play imbalanced. They're proud of it. They will not let you run.....we did the right thing in my opinion. I have hated a couple games this season but this was a beautifully called game, the execution was lacking.

Yep. Both him and BB always play defense to take out the biggest strength on offense. Eberflus could learn something.

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

When they had 5 d lineman he did not run it well.    Bill Belichick ran it 7 times against the Bucs.   Is he a bad coach too?

It sounds like they tried to make us beat them with Pascal.  That's what I would do, and I assume what BB will do.

Just now, GoatBeard said:

So if youbremove all the good runs, they dominated?

I'm saying watch the good runs vs the bad runs, and watch the defense, see what the defense was doing differently and you'll have your answer.

And the way you force a team to respect your run is by passing. Either quick passes, or getting hitting deep throws. You force them to back out of it. And our wideouts decided it was a day to be limited so the dance went on.....and yet we had the ball with a chance to win which is all you ever want.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

They know running against 5 d linemen isn't a recipe for success.    Peyton would have thrown every down against that look

Again, we dont have Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne.

And we can run the ball against anybody. 

Btw jvan, they run a 3-4 and in a 3-4 you almost always have 5 lineman on the LOS. 

It doesnt mean you dont try to run the football. Thats ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

I'm saying watch the good runs vs the bad runs, and watch the defense, see what the defense was doing differently and you'll have your answer.

And the way you force a team to respect your run is by passing. Either quick passes, or getting hitting deep throws. You force them to back out of it. And our wideouts decided it was a day to be limited so the dance went on.....and yet we had the ball with a chance to win which is all you ever want.

We did exactly what the Bucs wanted us to do.

1 minute ago, GoatBeard said:

I dont even understand what you are trying to say here Doug.

LOL, it was confusing wasn't it.

You are using the result of the successful running plays to claim that more running plays would have resulted in the same success.

Frank and Wentz made decisions each play call, with Frank seeing 5 dlinemen in the game and Wentz assessing things at the LOS.  They decided at the time whether or not the running play or passing play would gain more yards.  I'm saying that I think their way of assessing it is better than your way.

Just now, GoatBeard said:

Again, we dont have Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne.

And we can run the ball against anybody. 

Btw jvan, they run a 3-4 and in a 3-4 you almost always have 5 lineman on the LOS. 

It doesnt mean you dont try to run the football. Thats ridiculous.

No,  a 3 -4 doesn't mean you have 5 linemen on the LOS. A 3-4 is 3 linemen 4 lbers.   

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

There are a few more options than Pascal.  

True, but if BB also takes away Pitt, and its possible to take away a RB and one WR, IMO, our just above JAG remaining skill players need to step up.

Doyle could have another good game.  Where's Hines?

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

True, but if BB also takes away Pitt, and its possible to take away a RB and one WR, IMO, our just above JAG remaining skill players need to step up.

Doyle could have another good game.  Where's Hines?

You take what the defense gives you.    We have other playmakers.  Don't turn the ball over. 

I blame Reich for messing up his play calling in this game again.  Not nearly as bad as the Titans game, but he still messed up.   Throwing it over 20 times in a row is bad play calling.  Even a 1 yard carry keeps the defense honest.  

20 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

200%

The thing i like about Bruce and his team is their strategy is never hard to figure out. 

Against teams like New England and us, they know what kind of run game they're facing so they stack up and cheat HEAVILY to make sure that run is gone. They play imbalanced. They're proud of it. They will not let you run.....we did the right thing in my opinion. I have hated a couple games this season but this was a beautifully called game, the execution was lacking.

Where we fell on our sword were fundamental mistakes like the Hines muffed punt, and Pascal holding the ball very loosely in one arm. I'm more mad about our WR group in this game because Pittman and Pascal they were just not ready to play 6 catches out of 17 targets between the two of them against a bad secondary, thank goodness for Jack Doyle and the TEs because they were our best receivers 

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

I blame Reich for messing up his play calling in this game again.  Not nearly as bad as the Titans game, but he still messed up.   Throwing it over 20 times in a row is bad play calling.  Even a 1 yard carry keeps the defense honest.  

What does keeping the defense 'honest' mean?

That defense came in with an intent of being 100% dishonest. You cannot keep a defense honest when it doesnt give a crap about your play action. You cannot keep them imbalanced when they've shown clearly what they intend to do no matter what.

All you do when you run is give yourself 2 chances or even worse ONE chance to succeed in the pass game rather than three or four. This isnt some complex math. When the defense does what Tampa did, you show patience and execution not truculence and braggadocio.

I am really proud and actually surprised at how well our coach has game planned against tough opponents. Even with injury affected positions of importance....especially skill positions, he has brought a real confidence to how this Colt team operates. This is a very young team. I can't even begin to share how excited I am for what is building. From the bottom up, these players that Ballard has assembled, show incredible promise. I have not felt the Colts were outmatched at any single game or moment. This is a team to be proud of. 

The pass rush looks like it will make a jump next season. I think Eric F. will be solid next season. Ballard has improved the depth on the oline. There is still a good chance that PC finally gets healthy and becomes the last piece of the offensive skill puzzle the team needs. If a TE is available that is too good to pass up in the draft, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger....but I think there is more than enough with what is in the TE room at this time. 

LB starters and depth are solid, but another young player added would be nice. I think 2 more players in the secondary would help tremendously, but its very hard to find starting material for an NFL back seven drafting later in the rounds. 

Regardless of how many feel about the head coach, I feel really good. He is smart, innovative, and he has that hard to find ability to truly connect with his players. His confidence and the way he calls the plays, is a special bond he has with his team. I would not change it. He will grow as the team grows. 

Keep it rolling Frank....proud to have you coach and call plays for the Colts. 

there is an interesting argument here

Do we always take what the defense gives us, or is that letting them dictate the game and playing right into what they want?

Rushing is our strength, while not even top 20 in passing yards

My main beef with throwing so much is they are not pass blocking very well

19 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

That's one way to look at it. 

Or you could say we saw that they cheated to stop the run so switched to passing the ball until they stopped cheating. 

Cheating?

Where exactly did you expect the OLBs to lineup?

So 3 yards off the ball = not "cheating"

On the line of scrimmage = cheating?

This is really some real silly stuff lol

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

Where we fell on our sword were fundamental mistakes like the Hines muffed punt, and Pascal holding the ball very loosely in one arm. I'm more mad about our WR group in this game because Pittman and Pascal they were just not ready to play 6 catches out of 17 targets between the two of them against a bad secondary, thank goodness for Jack Doyle and the TEs because they were our best receivers 

Exactly. I said this earlier today. Pittman getting mossed, Pascal dropping ball after ball, TY not being any kind of serious threat. 

Yet all this was overcome because we simply shifted to the TEs. I know it's hard to stomach for many but we showed an offense that teams HATE to face. An offense that will kill you somehow, you shut down the WR and running game? Fine, we'll attack the middle with our TEs. It's not an easy offense to gameplan against, it is multiple.

Least of my worries was the offense.

1 minute ago, GoatBeard said:

Cheating?

Where exactly did you expect the OLBs to lineup?

So 3 yards off the ball = not "cheating"

On the line of scrimmage = cheating?

This is really some real silly stuff lol

Ah, so Tampa didnt stack up to stop the run? Alright. 

You're right. We were just stubborn. We would have scored 45 but instead we only scored 31 because we a re stubborn. The opponent should be disregarded because we've got JT. We've got JT and will hit 40+ every game because he is the best player in the league and our michael jordan therefore we should ignore those nasty defenses and impose our will.

Got it.

28 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No,  a 3 -4 doesn't mean you have 5 linemen on the LOS. A 3-4 is 3 linemen 4 lbers.   

Yes and one of those OLBs is a pass rusher who is only a LB in name. And the other LB rushes more than he doesnt.

Kind of like when we ran the 3-4 Mathis was exclusively a pass rusher. Erik Walden rushed mostly as well and typically played on the LOS.

And guess what, we werent a great run defense.

8 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

What does keeping the defense 'honest' mean?

That defense came in with an intent of being 100% dishonest. You cannot keep a defense honest when it doesnt give a crap about your play action. You cannot keep them imbalanced when they've shown clearly what they intend to do no matter what.

All you do when you run is give yourself 2 chances or even worse ONE chance to succeed in the pass game rather than three or four. This isnt some complex math. When the defense does what Tampa did, you show patience and execution not truculence and braggadocio.

A defense doesn't even have to consider stopping the run when you pass 25 times in a row.   Taylor is also the best player the Colts have.  To not use him is something Reich has done before in games that we have lost.   Reich cannot handle being the head coach and the play caller.   

3 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

You're right. We were just stubborn. We would have scored 45 but instead we only scored 31 because we a re stubborn. The opponent should be disregarded because we've got JT. We've got JT and will hit 40+ every game because he is the best player in the league and our michael jordan therefore we should ignore those nasty defenses and impose our will.

Got it.

Your realize 31 would have been enough had they managed the game better?

Got it.

No that is the scheme they run.

They are actually pretty good against the run because Vita Vea and Suh are elite run defenders. And they have Devin White. 

But we actually matched up pretty well with them with our interior players.

Exactly. I said this earlier today. Pittman getting mossed, Pascal dropping ball after ball, TY not being any kind of serious threat. 

Yet all this was overcome because we simply shifted to the TEs. I know it's hard to stomach for many but we showed an offense that teams HATE to face. An offense that will kill you somehow, you shut down the WR and running game? Fine, we'll attack the middle with our TEs. It's not an easy offense to gameplan against, it is multiple.

Least of my worries was the offense.

I just hope we bring in a free agent next year obviously not a huge name but has some upside like Valdez-Scantling or Michael Gallup. Because with Campbell consistently getting hurt and Hilton/Pascal as free agents we are gonna need to add some people through FA and probably the draft. Then we may be stacked if Strachan develops but I'm not holding my breath

9 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

there is an interesting argument here

Do we always take what the defense gives us, or is that letting them dictate the game and playing right into what they want?

Rushing is our strength, while not even top 20 in passing yards

My main beef with throwing so much is they are not pass blocking very well

I dont know of a single successful team that didnt force their opponent to adjust to them.

7 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

We would have scored 45 but instead we only scored 31 because we a re stubborn.

31 wasnt enough though.  the bucs got more on fewer passes than us

I doubt many would have been mad if they tired to run out the clock with a lead rather than throw so much.  personally i dont trust fisher to pass block that much, there have been multiple times this year he gave up pressures that lead to turnovers and bad throws

pass blocking in general has not been good enough to get that pass happy imo 

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Here is the clip of Reich talking a shot at fans for saying we did not run enough. I loved it and laughed so hard.

Id say the bucs are better at play calling than him.  we wont face a team that good every week but that is the standard we should strive for 

2 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Id say the bucs are better at play calling than him.  we wont face a team that good every week but that is the standard we should strive for 

There are only 3 teams scoring more then we are. That’s Bucs, Bills and I can’t remember the third team. Bottom line we are top 4 in pts and you guys want him gone. It’s laughable. Only three teams have scored more and the difference isn’t even big. This was all after only being able to put up 16 pts first few games.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

and you guys want him gone

i dont though, i never once said that ever.  questioning play calls is different than saying i want this guy fired

He does get production out of this offense, he also blows leads against good teams.  that is a tread from last year too

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Here is the clip of Reich talking a shot at fans for saying we did not run enough. I loved it and laughed so hard.

Thats a lot of mumbo jumbo.

Look Frank can be whoever he wants to be. But his ideas have not worked against elite competition. His record is atrocious in these games. 

He can learn from it and do better. Or he can talk about how happy he is with the job he is doing while he racks up more losses. 

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

There are only 3 teams scoring more then we are. That’s Bucs, Bills and I can’t remember the third team. Bottom line we are top 4 in pts and you guys want him gone. It’s laughable. Only three teams have scored more and the difference isn’t even big. This was all after only being able to put up 16 pts first few games.

What about his record?

I dont want him gone I want him to learn from his mistakes. He continues to lose these important games and its inexplicable how he fails to see the part he plays in the losses.

7 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

31 wasnt enough though.  the bucs got more on fewer passes than us

I doubt many would have been mad if they tired to run out the clock with a lead rather than throw so much.  personally i dont trust fisher to pass block that much, there have been multiple times this year he gave up pressures that lead to turnovers and bad throws

pass blocking in general has not been good enough to get that pass happy imo 

Trust me, i got nothing against running the ball. I was as pleased as the next guy to see us bully Buffalo. With that said, forget the tactics and focus on the strategy. The Bucs set out their strategy....run blitz, stack the box, whatever it takes, stop the run. If we die by the pass then so be it. 

Our strategy in return? Same as always. We go into every game with the intent of being multiple however it's a sign of the regard Frank has for JT that we started this game intent on running. We wisely shifted to passing. The ability to shift strategy was EXCELLENT. The execution failed in spots and that was the difference. 

The point you make about Fisher is EXCELLENT. I think we have to trust the GM on that but for sure, he's cost us a couple games now. Without his screw up, i have no doubt we go up 31-14 and the game is over.

13 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I just hope we bring in a free agent next year obviously not a huge name but has some upside like Valdez-Scantling or Michael Gallup. Because with Campbell consistently getting hurt and Hilton/Pascal as free agents we are gonna need to add some people through FA and probably the draft. Then we may be stacked if Strachan develops but I'm not holding my breath

I'm on the Gallup train. He's a legit WR1 

Archived