Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Jags at Colts Post Game Thoughts

EastStreet

1. JT had several mentionable milestones today per the radio broadcast. He was again a beast, with 100+ and 5.5 per attempt. And had one negated by a Reed hold. 90+ yards in the 1Q... 
  2. Offensive play calling was garbage for large stretches of the game
    • effective the first two drives and went more or less into prevent offense with way too many short passes which Jax was ready for.
    • way too many 1st read forces to TY who is running mostly possession routes.
    • thankfully we started using slants/rub type routes over the middle and had 3 nice shots to Pitt, Dulin, and Pascal, even though Pascal's was negated by a penalty. 
    • Way too much passing to JT today... let him focus on running. Only 2 catches by Hines.
  3. Pittman while ignored play calling wise for long stretches still was great and was 5 for 5 including a clutch late catch. Still easily on track for 1000+
  4. Still not a lot of Mo.... WTX? Nice game by Doyle except for the hold that canceled out Pascals pass
  5. OL sucked for most of the game after the first couple drives. Reed holding killed a long run by JT. Other penalties by Fisher, Glow, Nelson, and Smith too.
  6. Not a bad day by Wentz given the constant pressure and 8 QB hits he took. He wasn't given the best plays to deal with after the start, and until the end.
  7. The D was not that good. Lawrence had about his usual day. Jax had 179 on the ground and 2 TDs... They average 17, and they scored 17... 
  8. Nice big hit by Sendejo, who also led the team in tackles. He also had a TFL
  9. Stallworth had another good day, with 3 QB hits, and sack, and a TFL
  10. Paye had his best game in terms of production. He also had 3 QB hits, a sack, and a TFL.
  11. Dayo was in on a sack, and got the forced fumble to help us seal the game
  12. Thought Moore, Rock, and Rodgers all had pretty good days at corner, even though Lawrence is a 36 QBR type of guy right now.
  13. We now have to play a harder stretch... 5 of the 7 teams we will play are playoff teams right now. And we really need to win 5, which means beating at least 3 playoff level teams.... beating Buffalo is a lot more important than beating TB or AZ.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was a ugly win but sometimes ugly is good. It builds character. Before the season started I had us at 5-5 through 10 games because of that asinine schedule we had to start with, then I had us finishing 11-6 and making the playoffs. Par for the course.

If we beat Buffalo next week we will no doubt go 11-6. Bucs are real beatable too.

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not exactly.  They started out rough but got their guys back and have been MUCH better the last six games or so.  To the point Wentz sacks are way down over that six game stretch and Taylor is now tied for the league leading in rushing yards.  You don’t do that with a bad line.  The Jags were stacking the box and sending one more guy than the Colts could block all day today and the Colts never did anything to adjust.  They just kept trying to run Taylor right into the blitz and throw screens until the last drive when they finally started to throw the ball down the field some and what do you know they drove the ball.  That’s one coaching not the line.

I agree with u some what. They blitz and cause pressure. I don't think our te's or wr's have much talent as they cannot separate. Teams blitz and play man and the tide of the game changes. Just seems once an opposing defence makes that change,  the Colts have nothing to counter them.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We all will find out what kind of team we have next week, that is for sure. Buffalo beat the Jets today 44-10.

Without a blocked punt for a td we lose to one of the worst teams in the league today. Us and the Texans are the only two teams in the AFC yet to beat a team above .500, its already week 10 going week 11. Im afraid we already have a pretty good idea of what this team is.

We played spotty and beat the Jags, last week Bills played spotty and lost to the Jags.

Granson is catching the ball solidly no juggling anymore we should see more of him

Badgely still perfect on all kicks for us and today was a pressure one, love me some Hot Rod but I sure am not changing right now

Stallworth flipped a switch these last 2 weeks...wow

Was nice to see Carrie back 

Sanchez punted us out of trouble multiple times, guy is one of the best in the league

21 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

there wasnt one passing play where he had time to throw .  its the offensive line they are playing so bad this year .

That's what happens when you constantly force the run on EVERY early down into the teeth of a defense committed to stopping the run after the first qt which set up a lot of 3rd and longs allowing the defense to pin its ears back.

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

Without a blocked punt for a td we lose to one of the worst teams in the league today. Us and the Texans are the only two teams in the AFC yet to beat a team above .500, its already week 10 going week 11. Im afraid we already have a pretty good idea of what this team is.

Had it not been for 2 missed FG's (1 blocked) we beat the Ravens and if Wentz doesn't screw up against the Titans we win that going away. It goes both ways. Ravens beating us was a complete fluke because of the miss kicks. Stuff happens but it evens out.

2 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

That's what happens when you constantly force the run on EVERY early down into the teeth of a defense committed to stopping the run after the first qt which set up a lot of 3rd and longs allowing the defense to pin its ears back.

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

We played spotty and beat the Jags, last week Bills played spotty and lost to the Jags.

Granson is catching the ball solidly no juggling anymore we should see more of him

Badgely still perfect on all kicks for us and today was a pressure one, love me some Hot Rod but I sure am not changing right now

Stallworth flipped a switch these last 2 weeks...wow

Was nice to see Carrie back 

Sanchez punted us out of trouble multiple times, guy is one of the best in the league

Forgot to mention Granson. He is looking pretty good. Starting to show a lot of promise.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Had it not been for 2 missed FG's (1 blocked) we beat the Ravens and if Wentz doesn't screw up against the Titans we win that going away. It goes both ways. Ravens beating us was a complete fluke because of the miss kicks. Stuff happens but it evens out.

Better coaching in both those games would have made a big difference..... 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No actually our swiss cheese secondary/scheme blew big leads in both those games. Allowed 30 points and 400 yards to the Jets 2nd and 3rd string QB then almost let the Jags win today after leading big again. Those are things bad teams do. We are a bad team. It sucks I know and hard to face but its reality.

4 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

But they made the blocked punt just like they made the strip at the end of the game to win it.  The Colts made the plays they needed too to win today.  I think everyone agrees this effort on offense won’t be good enough the rest of the way but it’s also A typical of what we have seen from the offense as of late. They are just coming off putting up 45 points and averaging over 30 points in their last six games.  They were due for a down game.  Just be glad it came against the Jags.  

All teams have down games.  Just like the Bills vs the Jags or the Titans vs the Jets.  It’s going to happen over the course of a 17 game schedule.  I am just happy they found a way to win when they played a down game.

Another one of those where you beat a bad team, but all the faults of your team are clearly visible in different moments of the game. A game where you realize your team doesn't really deserve a playoff berth. I cannot imagine this team being able to make any sort of a run in the post-season. There are just too many assumptions and low-probability events that need to happen...  :dunno:

3 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

No actually our swiss cheese secondary/scheme blew big leads in both those games. Allowed 30 points and 400 yards to the Jets 2nd and 3rd string QB then almost let the Jags win today after leading big again. Those are things bad teams do. We are a bad team. It sucks I know and hard to face but its reality.

Not the point, we make the kick in the end none of that matters. 

1 hour ago, bluephantom87 said:

For all the nice playcalling last week back to the same old same old. I guess Frank didn’t realize after the first two series that the Jags were NOT going to let them run all over the field. Up the gut, up the gut to no avail. Jeez! It took the last drive for the Colts to start passing downfield. I even heard the boo birds at home.

LOL, and folks complain when Reich doesnt pass, or run, or breaths...basically fans will do what they do

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Another one of those where you beat a bad team, but all the faults of your team are clearly visible in different moments of the game. A game where you realize your team doesn't really deserve a playoff berth. I cannot imagine this team being able to make any sort of a run in the post-season. There are just too many assumptions and low-probability events that need to happen...  :dunno:

so Bills don’t deserve a playoff spot either. Give jags credit. They did it two weeks in a row. I know it’s just easier to trash the colts then the team they played.

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

You know as well as I do all division games are tough. Look at how good the Texans played us last year and they stunk. Jags wanted this game badly to prove they are on the rise. When I predicted this game I only had us winning by 7, we won by 6.

Archived