Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff Predictor/Simulator (538): Colts #11 in AFC, and 38% of chance of playoffs

EastStreet

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

How is Baltimore not ahead of us in the playoff race when we are both tied at 8-6?? What happens if we have the tiebreaker over Buffalo, but the Ravens have the tiebreaker over us & Buffalo by the end of the season if we are all tied at 10-7? 

When more then two teams has the same record it goes to conference record. Or one of them would have to have a win over all the teams with the same record. Colts have best conference record of all of the 8-6.teams.

21 hours ago, chad72 said:

If that does not say MVP with our all star receiving cast (#sarcasm), I don't know what will.

252 yards in 3 games and he breaks the all time NFL single season rushing record of Erick Dickerson of 2105 rushing yards in a season. We need to get him that.

wow!  16 v. 17 games but still, that's impressive

Edit:  later posts (post posts?) clarified he is not near the record.  Still cool though

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

We will see. It would be Pittsburgh’s luck if they get KC short handed. Praying this doesn’t hit the colts.

Of course if the Titans lose, we win, the Pats lose and the Chiefs lose, we're only a game out of the #1 seed.  lol

27 minutes ago, #12. said:

If we win out, we will probably play the Ravens or Bengals.

If we win 2 of 3, it looks like the Titans.

If we win 1 of 3 and still make it, it will likely be the Pats.

Assuming you’re right….

I’m hoping for option #2.

The pent-up emotion and energy we brought to the Patriots game would be there in full force in a 3rd rematch with the Titans.   Beating the same team THREE times in the same season is a thing only when one team is dramatically better than the other.   But when the two teams are roughly equal, as the Colts and Titans are,  the odds of one team winning all three games is very, very small.  

I’m hoping for a Titans game 3.0!      :thmup:

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Assuming you’re right….

I’m hoping for option #2.

The pent-up emotion and energy we brought to the Patriots game would be there in full force in a 3rd rematch with the Titans.   Beating the same team THREE times in the same season is a thing only when one team is dramatically better than the other.   But when the two teams are roughly equal, as the Colts and Titans are,  the odds of one team winning all three games is very, very small.  

I’m hoping for a Titans game 3.0!      :thmup:

Actually I rather the the ravens or Bengals first . Hopefully bills beat pats and make them a wild card then they can go face the chiefs in the second round and one of them will eliminate the other

58 minutes ago, #12. said:

If we win out, we will probably play the Ravens or Bengals.

If we win 2 of 3, it looks like the Titans.

If we win 1 of 3 and still make it, it will likely be the Pats.

I think the Pats lose to the Bills. I do not think they are nearly as good as people are making them seem. We should of beat them by 15-20. The Bills lost largely because of terribly bad weather. 

I think Buffalo wins Sunday & takes control of the AFC East due to division record. 

I'm confident we win Saturday BUT...

If NE loses, the Chargers & Steelers

win, & the Colts lose, we will be temporarily out of the playoffs. 

20 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Actually I rather the the ravens or Bengals first . Hopefully bills beat pats and make them a wild card then they can go face the chiefs in the second round and one of them will eliminate the other

Ideally;

1.) Chiefs

2.) Tennessee

3.) Buffalo

4.) Bengals

5.) Colts

6.) NE

7.) Chargers

Divisional Round:

Chargers @ Chiefs

NE @ Colts

Chargers @ Colts 

This scenario is very realistic - it primarily just hinges on the Colts winning out & the Bills beating NE this weekend. 

It's entirely possible we get one or two HOME playoff games (granted we make it that far)

4 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Ideally;

1.) Chiefs

2.) Tennessee

3.) Buffalo

4.) Bengals

5.) Colts

6.) NE

7.) Chargers

Divisional Round:

Chargers @ Chiefs

NE @ Colts

Chargers @ Colts 

This scenario is very realistic - it primarily just hinges on the Colts winning out & the Bills beating NE this weekend. 

It's entirely possible we get one or two HOME playoff games (granted we make it that far)

That's not right in that scenario colts would face Bengals and titans the chargers Patriots buffalo. Assuming the colts Patriots and titans win. Patriots would go to chiefs colts would face titans. Then if colts beat titans they would face winner of Patriots Chiefs game. This is our best scenario

13 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Ideally;

1.) Chiefs

2.) Tennessee

3.) Buffalo

4.) Bengals

5.) Colts

6.) NE

7.) Chargers

Divisional Round:

Chargers @ Chiefs

NE @ Colts

Chargers @ Colts 

If Patriots are a wildcard team the earliest we could face them is afc championship

9 minutes ago, Stephen said:

If Patriots are a wildcard team the earliest we could face them is afc championship

I don't believe that is correct. 

In that scenario, the Chiefs play the lowest seed which would be the Chargers. 

The Colts & NE would be the remaining two teams. So, they would play in the divisional round.

12 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Not if the Pats are the six seed and the seven seed upsets the two.  Assuming the Colts aren’t the seven they would host the six seed in the divisional round if all the wild card teams win and the Colts are the five.  I would agree that’s probably not going to happen though.

31 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Ideally;

1.) Chiefs

2.) Tennessee

3.) Buffalo

4.) Bengals

5.) Colts

6.) NE

7.) Chargers

Divisional Round:

Chargers @ Chiefs

NE @ Colts

Chargers @ Colts 

The Chargers and Chiefs are the only team I feel worried about playing in the playoffs

1 minute ago, tvturner said:

The Chargers and Chiefs are the only team I feel worried about playing in the playoffs

I would worry about going to foxborough.  Yes I know the Colts just beat the pats but the pats don’t lose twice to teams in a season very often and they don’t lose at home in the playoffs very often.  Also, until that long run by Taylor New England had pretty much shut down the Colts offense in the second half and the Colts had no answer and the Pats had figured out the Colts D.

Archived