Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders are falling apart

Zoltan

2 hours ago, Zoltan said:

1st the Gruden thing

Then Henry Ruggs DUI

Now CB Arnette is released for brandishing a gun and threatening to kill people.

For the last two, maybe putting a team in Vegas wasn't the greatest idea

I wouldnt say Arnette was a Vegas thing, he had issues in college too, a reason so many teams passed on him. 

A young thug finds it really tough to grow up in Vegas. That being said, if he's in that video in his own place with the gun I have no problem with him. Apparently someone told him they were 5 minutes away from his place to kill him, so he got his gun out and filmed himself being ready. He wasn't in the street..

I’m not sure either is a Vegas thing as much as they may be character issues.   It appears the Raiders were aware of issues with both players and thought they could be handled.   

I think both young players were likely to have issues no matter where the Raiders played.  

That said….   I think any professional league that puts a franchise in Vegas is begging for problems.   Not a matter of if,  but of when.  

You want to play an all-star game there?   I’m good.   You want to hold a post-season awards show there?    I’m down with that too.   But putting a team in that city to play day to day, year after year,  is just an invitation to trouble.   I suspect this will be an unpopular view, and I’m fine with that. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m not sure either is a Vegas thing as much as they may be character issues.   It appears the Raiders were aware of issues with both players and thought they could be handled.   

I think both young players were likely to have issues no matter where the Raiders played.  

That said….   I think any professional league that puts a franchise in Vegas is begging for problems.   Not a matter of if,  but of when.  

You want to play an all-star game there?   I’m good.   You want to hold a post-season awards show there?    I’m down with that too.   But putting a team in that city to play day to day, year after year,  is just an invitation to trouble.   I suspect this will be an unpopular view, and I’m fine with that. 

What red flags did Ruggs have in college? I couldn't remember any real noise about anything at draft time, but that might just be me.

8 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

What red flags did Ruggs have in college? I couldn't remember any real noise about anything at draft time, but that might just be me.

Sorry, my bad.   I’m not aware of any….  But I thought I had read he seemed to have trouble once he got to the NFL.   Perhaps new baggage surfaced once he got money and freedom to do what he wanted?  

44 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry, my bad.   I’m not aware of any….  But I thought I had read he seemed to have trouble once he got to the NFL.   Perhaps new baggage surfaced once he got money and freedom to do what he wanted?  

Happens to a lot sadly. Young men do love to make bad decisions, with tragic consequences in this case. 

18 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

I'd be shocked it hey claimed a wildcard honestly......too much turmoil and not enough talent.

They are 5-3 and in the 5th spot in the playoffs right now.   They do have a tough schedule, but are still being given a 57% chance of making the playoffs.   

2 hours ago, Myles said:

They are 5-3 and in the 5th spot in the playoffs right now.   They do have a tough schedule, but are still being given a 57% chance of making the playoffs.   

48.3 % according to CBS Sports...multiple site gives odds and they vary greatly. If they beat KC this week it improves if they lose they are below the cut line of 7 seed most likely (Depends on multiple other outcomes).  Their schedule is brutal

Vegas will definitely have these issues in the future with today's look at me culture. 

Millionaire at 20 in Vegas?? What can go wrong? Lol

Granted it can happen in any big city, but was just pointing out on the Last Vegas aspect of it.

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I don’t think yesterday did anything to make me think raiders won’t fall apart still. Cowboys have a lot of covid issues. Was without two of its best wide receivers and several assistant coaches.

Also, the Cowboys are an overrated team. LIke look at their wins. Their only good win so far is the Pats and Chargers. Every other is against team that have been bad (Panthers with Darnold, Pats were still on their losing streak when the Cowboys won). Actually it is  funny. so far they have faced 8 AFC teams this year (including 3 preseason), they have won 2.  

Cowboys lost to a Broncos team that traded away their best player prior to the game and are in free fall themselves. Would have been nice to see a Cowboys win but I put zero trust in their squad. Raiders are at KC, at Clev,at Indy and play Chargers, they could get a win vs Wash though Wash playing ok of late and could be Denver. 2-4 finish for Raiders 8-9 for the year....

Archived