Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jack Ballard Had More Surgery, Giants To Take Fleener?

Colts will probably try to get a diamond in the ruff in later rounds then. I too would like a more proven TE but was Clark well known for his college game? Let's get a CB or NT in round 2 then.

well clark was a 1st around draft pick, so he had to of atleast had some decent college game.

Giants' TEs are required to block way more than receive, not sure if our TEs will be asked to do the same. Fleener is not a great blocker by any means, he might be marginally better than Dallas Clark and thus may not be as good a fit for the Giants. The Giants have needs at guard and right tackle too, so I expect the Giants to go O-line and not TE contrary to what fans think.

but out of all those guys who is really that great, bennett has under achieved, and travis beckum and pascoe were average at best last year.

But as stated earlier, they tend to go for Blocking TE's more than Receiving - even previously, Kevin Boss isn't exactly Rob Gronkowski is he. I think we've got a slight chance...

Why wouldn't we be looking at more than one potential player?

I've heard interest in a couple players, but never heard about Fleener. I mean we could be looking at him, and being secret about it. Seeing our owner would announce our playbook on twitter if he could. I doubt it.

The fans are the only ones who have expressed interest in Fleener. That's easily gathered by the fact that no one in the Colts org has said a word about him. Only the fans have. Everything else is fabricated wishlisting. Nothing wrong with that - 'tis the season. But it's a stretch to think that we are gunning for him based on the whole college teammates thing. I've never observed or read about that being used as a viable, or intelligent draft strategy.

The fans are the only ones who have expressed interest in Fleener. That's easily gathered by the fact that no one in the Colts org has said a word about him. Only the fans have. Everything else is fabricated wishlisting. Nothing wrong with that - 'tis the season. But it's a stretch to think that we are gunning for him based on the whole college teammates thing. I've never observed or read about that being used as a viable, or intelligent draft strategy.

I think the thought process is based around more than the college teammates idea - there's the issue that he's a late first/early second quality player, and our most established tight end is Brody Eldridge making it a position of extreme need.

its a need. when you have a need to look at the best possible option at where your drafting. you think us fans just choose out of a hat who we want? no. fleener makes the most sense for more reasons then just he was team mates with luck. hes big, has good speed and hands and we dont have anything at TE. for those who think the giants, broncos, or 49ers will take them, it doesnt make sense. 49ers need wrs not TEs, the broncos already signed two TEs and the giants need another RB because bardshaw wont be able to carry the load.

And besides Luck and a visit from Jenkins, who have the Colts said a word about?

And besides Luck and a visit from Jenkins, who have the Colts said a word about?

its a need. when you have a need to look at the best possible option at where your drafting. you think us fans just choose out of a hat who we want? no. fleener makes the most sense for more reasons then just he was team mates with luck. hes big, has good speed and hands and we dont have anything at TE. for those who think the giants, broncos, or 49ers will take them, it doesnt make sense. 49ers need wrs not TEs, the broncos already signed two TEs and the giants need another RB because bardshaw wont be able to carry the load.

So draft a TE in the 2nd round rather than the best possible NT/CB in the second because he was teammates with Luck? Sounds like a great idea. No, I rather get a TE in the 4th. I wouldn't be surprised if there are better TEs, who play at smaller schools or just had less publicity that we might even be able to pick up in the 4th round.

So draft a TE in the 2nd round rather than the best possible NT/CB in the second because he was teammates with Luck? Sounds like a great idea. No, I rather get a TE in the 4th. I wouldn't be surprised if there are better TEs, who play at smaller schools or just had less publicity that we might even be able to pick up in the 4th round.

He explicitly said "makes the most sense for more reasons then just he was team mates with luck", why are you making it out as if he gave that as the only reason..?

we have options at those positions. we have nothing a TE. we have mckinnely to play nose and we can add another NT later in the darft. we still have thomas and ruckers to develop so we dont have to go early on a CB. TE class this year is terrible. coby fleener is the only good TE this year

I've heard interest in a couple players, but never heard about Fleener. I mean we could be looking at him, and being secret about it. Seeing our owner would announce our playbook on twitter if he could. I doubt it.

We were at his pro day and I think our TE coach actually commented about him saying that they loved his athleticism.

I think we will take him if he is there at 34 but I'm not a huge fan of the pick. Most scouts when evaluating him equate him to Owen Daniels. That is pretty good but that isn't basically first round talent....which is what has been said all along. We definately need a TE but there are better overall nfl talent at 34 than Fleener in my mind. If we play it right there is pro bowl talent to be taken...and I don't see Fleener as that. Someone asked about Allen and he is expected to go mid 2nd round. Olsen the next prospect is expected at the beginning of round 3. I think we look to be more like the Giants. I think we go for big blocking TEs too and slip them out in the coverage. I like how the Giants utilize them. I would go for a TE later in the draft.

Even if the Giants don't want Fleener doesn't mean SF doesn't or he will even get by the Rams. There are other options for him..or even someone trades up to get him. Nothing is certain.

Fleener isnt a lock to be great... We need a TE for sure, but i think making the D the most dominant side of the ball this year makes more sense..

we have gotten plenty of pieces during FA for defense. what we need is to get luck weapons

But as stated earlier, they tend to go for Blocking TE's more than Receiving - even previously, Kevin Boss isn't exactly Rob Gronkowski is he. I think we've got a slight chance...

i know and thats exactly what i was saying. almost no chance and slight chance are basically the same thing in my opinion