Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Player Interest Thread Based on Visits or Confirmed Articles

chad72

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chad72, I have a request for you.

During the draft, can you update this thread when one of the players is taken, with the round and team? Or do it after the draft is over.

I think it would be interesting to see not only if we took any of these guys, but who we took instead of them.

Yeah, I can do that.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/04/15/rounding-up-eastern-washington-colorado-pro-days/

Representatives from eight teams gathered at the Eastern Washington pro day March 7. Prospects worked out at the facility of the AFL’s Spokane Shock, where they ran on old AstroTurf, a less-than-ideal surface.

Matt Johnson, S, (6-foot-5/8, 211 pounds) — He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.53 and 4.54 seconds. Johnson recorded a 38-inch vertical, a 10-foot-1 broad jump, a 4.07-second short shuttle and a 6.84-second three-cone. He also threw the bar up 18 times. Johnson, a first-team All-American in 2010, suffered a biceps injury that knocked him out for much of the 2011 season. However, Johnson surprised many by recovering quickly enough to have a great workout at his pro day. Since then, seven teams have brought him in for visits, and the Dolphins, Seahawks, Colts and Giants worked him out personally.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh oh...Another SS recovering from a biceps injury, and the Colts are scouting him! I've never heard of this kid before. CBS Sports has him ranked 23rd best SS and 518th overall prospect. Will Probably be UDFA looking for a camp invite.

In the third? He'll be there are end of 5th I reckon for our comp pick.

yeah a bit of an overstatement but my point being Ill take him hands down, Im actually taking wide receiver in the 3rd and Tight End in the 4th and Hicks in the 5th

I can only imagine how many UDFAs we give looks at this year. I think we could sign more to contracts than any other team and a lot could be better than some of the people on our current roster. I mean we by far have the worst roster in the nfl so I think we will give a lot of invites to camp.

QB

Andrew Luck, Stanford

RB

Cyrus Gray, Texas A & M

WR

Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma

Brian Quick, Appalachian State

OT

Dennis Kelly, Purdue

C

Gino Gradkowski, Delaware

OG

Brandon Brooks, U. of Miami, Ohio

TE

Adrien Robinson, Cincinnati

Defense:

DT

Michael Brockers, LSU

Nicholas Jean-Baptiste, Baylor

DE

Matt Conrath, Virginia

Tim Fugger, Vanderbilt

Tyrone Crawford, Boise State

Ryan Van Bergen, Michigan

CB

Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama

Keith Tandy, West Virginia

Chris Greenwood, Albion

Dwight Bentley, Louisiana-Lafayette

Trumaine Johnson, Montana

S

Tavon Wilson, Illinois

Matt Johnson, Eastern Washington

LB

D.J.Bryant, James Madison

Special Teams:

Punter

Brian Stahovich, San Diego State

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/web/COM1195540/30/index.htm

OG/OT Ryan Miller, Colorado University (Projected 6th rounder)

In Boulder, Colorado, offensive lineman Ryan Miller shrugged off a disappointing season and received positive reviews for his pro day effort. The big lineman concentrated on position drills and was thoroughly tested by the Indianapolis Colts. He displayed terrific power and hand punch, and moved better than many expected. Miller was highly considered after his sophomore season, but never truly improved his game. He could be a sleeper in the late rounds.

Measurables: 6’7 321 pounds, 33 1/8 inch long arms, 9.5 inch hands, 5.27 forty yard dash, 32 bench press reps, 28 inch vertical jump, 100 inch broad jump, 7.72 3 cone drill, 4.78 20 yard shuttle.

QB

Andrew Luck, Stanford

RB

Cyrus Gray, Texas A & M

WR

Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma

OT

Dennis Kelly, Purdue

C

OG

TE

Defense:

DT

Michael Brockers, LSU

DE

Matt Conrath, Virginia

Tim Fugger, Vanderbilt

CB

Chris Greenwood, Albion

S

Tavon Wilson, Illinois

LB

Special Teams:

Punter

just a suggestion...since we're switching (presumably) to a 3-4 or hybrid, could you create a new category for DE/OLB to separate guys like Matt Conrath and Ryan Van Bergen from Tim Fugger and Tyrone Crawford. I wish cbssports.com would do this too. That way we'd have a better idea of what we'd be using that person for in our new defense. :)

http://sportsillustr...40/30/index.htm

OG/OT Ryan Miller, Colorado University (Projected 6th rounder)

In Boulder, Colorado, offensive lineman Ryan Miller shrugged off a disappointing season and received positive reviews for his pro day effort. The big lineman concentrated on position drills and was thoroughly tested by the Indianapolis Colts. He displayed terrific power and hand punch, and moved better than many expected. Miller was highly considered after his sophomore season, but never truly improved his game. He could be a sleeper in the late rounds.

Measurables: 6’7 321 pounds, 33 1/8 inch long arms, 9.5 inch hands, 5.27 forty yard dash, 32 bench press reps, 28 inch vertical jump, 100 inch broad jump, 7.72 3 cone drill, 4.78 20 yard shuttle.

Another player I would love to have. He is a sleeper pick who could turn into a average nfl starter.

http://newsok.com/nf...article/3667228

S Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State University

Six NFL scouts were in Stillwater on Tuesday, representing the Titans, Colts, Jaguars, Patriots, Buccaneers and Falcons. All came to see Martin's individual pro day. And he performed relatively well, running a respectable 4.60-second 40-yard dash, jumping 34 inches in the vertical leap and looking smooth in position drills. All of this came six weeks after he had surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee...Finally feeling what he called “80 percent,” Martin decided to hold his Pro Day on Tuesday, nine days before the NFL Draft.

QB

Andrew Luck, Stanford

RB

Cyrus Gray, Texas A & M

WR

Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma

OT

Dennis Kelly, Purdue

C

OG

Ryan Miller, Colorado

TE

Defense:

DT

Michael Brockers, LSU

3-4/4-3 DE

Matt Conrath, Virginia

3-4 OLB

Tim Fugger, Vanderbilt

CB

Chris Greenwood, Albion

S

Tavon Wilson, Illinois

Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State

LB

Special Teams:

Punter

just a suggestion...since we're switching (presumably) to a 3-4 or hybrid, could you create a new category for DE/OLB to separate guys like Matt Conrath and Ryan Van Bergen from Tim Fugger and Tyrone Crawford. I wish cbssports.com would do this too. That way we'd have a better idea of what we'd be using that person for in our new defense. :)

Look at the latest list, I have separated 3-4/4-3 DE from 3-4 OLB body types (anyone 250 or less qualifies as OLB to me and anyone over 260 lbs and less than 280 qualifies as 4-3 DE to me, and higher would be 3-4 DE), so far it has been easy.

Look at the latest list, I have separated 3-4/4-3 DE from 3-4 OLB body types (anyone 250 or less qualifies as OLB to me and anyone over 260 lbs and less than 280 qualifies as 4-3 DE to me, and higher would be 3-4 DE), so far it has been easy.

Excellent. I'm going to print out the list before the draft.

I can only imagine how many UDFAs we give looks at this year. I think we could sign more to contracts than any other team and a lot could be better than some of the people on our current roster. I mean we by far have the worst roster in the nfl so I think we will give a lot of invites to camp.

I agree we have let alot of talent walk why not take a risk on UDFAs we have so many project DBs its unreal.And if Grigs and Pags are going with them and not drafting 1 or 2 higher.Then sign alot of UDFAs and let training camp decide who has talent and potential.

QB

Andrew Luck, Stanford

RB

Cyrus Gray, Texas A & M

WR

Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma

T.Y.Hilton, Florida International

OT

Dennis Kelly, Purdue

C

OG

Ryan Miller, Colorado

TE

Defense:

DT

Michael Brockers, LSU

3-4/4-3 DE

Matt Conrath, Virginia

3-4 OLB

Tim Fugger, Vanderbilt

CB

Chris Greenwood, Albion

S

Tavon Wilson, Illinois

Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State

LB

Special Teams:

Punter

Considering we are looking at so many late late round draft picks it is clear that some of these will probably go undrafted. To be honest I think we have a good idea where we want to go with the top half of our board. I think we are working out a lot of guys to decide which undrafted we want to bring in camp to compete. Its no lose on these undrafted guys. Nothing but upside and anyone that is rated 6th round or later could fall undrafted. We are definately looking at help in the secondary and OLB/DE. Clearly spots we have room for upgrades or will need to help transitioning (especially with Mathis/Freeney experiement and Freeney not being under contract after this year).

Oh and I like Hilton. Explosive player that could help our special teams and maybe in a couple years work his way into the receiving core.

Im just curious but does Jenkins really make it to the #34 pick. I keep hearing mid 1st to Cincinnati or Tennessee.

which Jenkins? really sounds like one will and maybe both in which case you take the Corner and then get a good wide receiver in the 3rd

TY Hilton is gonna be good.

Looks like a good KR guy with great speed. Kind of frail, which may be why he's projected 4-5 round.

The way the league is going, a guy who only returns kicks is a luxury since there are so few are returned. (Except by our guys who like to take a ball out that's nine yards deep, for a 12 yard gain.)

Looks like a good KR guy with great speed. Kind of frail, which may be why he's projected 4-5 round.

The way the league is going, a guy who only returns kicks is a luxury since there are so few are returned. (Except by our guys who like to take a ball out that's nine yards deep, for a 12 yard gain.)

I wouldn't say frail, but he has had some injuries that would be annoying. A lot of hamstring issues, which could be as simple as him working out the wrong way. Could also lead to tears, which is a lot more serious and requires a lot more recovery. But a simple pull can nag for months if you don't take care of it properly.

I also wouldn't restrict him to just a return man. He's quick and fast, and he runs better than decent routes. He'll be a good slot receiver in the NFL. I wouldn't mind grabbing him in the 4th round, but if we get a bigger, better receiver earlier, then he should come off our board, because he'd effectively be out of the four man rotation at receiver. However, as a kick returner, he would be better than anyone we've ever had.

http://newsok.com/nf...article/3667228

S Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State University

Six NFL scouts were in Stillwater on Tuesday, representing the Titans, Colts, Jaguars, Patriots, Buccaneers and Falcons. All came to see Martin's individual pro day. And he performed relatively well, running a respectable 4.60-second 40-yard dash, jumping 34 inches in the vertical leap and looking smooth in position drills. All of this came six weeks after he had surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee...Finally feeling what he called “80 percent,” Martin decided to hold his Pro Day on Tuesday, nine days before the NFL Draft.

I was the only one lobbying for this guy.

Chad - thought I'd use your list and add each player's round projection based on a few sources. Hope you don't mind, just thought it'd help people work out what type of players we're looking at.

QB

Andrew Luck, Stanford - 1st round (...duh)

RB

Cyrus Gray, Texas A & M - 3-4th round

WR

Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma 3-4th round

Brian Quick, Appalachian State - 3rd round

T.Y.Hilton, Florida International - 5th round

OT

Dennis Kelly, Purdue - UDFA

C

Gino Gradkowski, Delaware - UDFA

OG

Brandon Brooks, U. of Miami, Ohio - 3-4th round

Ryan Miller, Colorado - 6th round

TE

Adrien Robinson, Cincinnati - 7-FA

Defense:

DT

Michael Brockers, LSU - 1st round

Nicholas Jean-Baptiste, Baylor - 7th round

3-4/4-3 DE

Tyrone Crawford, Boise State - 4th round

Matt Conrath, Virginia - 7-FA

3-4 OLB

Tim Fugger, Vanderbilt - 7-FA

Ryan Van Bergen, Michigan UDFA

CB

Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama - 1-2nd round

Keith Tandy, West Virginia 6th round

Chris Greenwood, Albion 7th round

Dwight Bentley, Louisiana-Lafayette 4th round

Trumaine Johnson, Montana 2nd round

S

Tavon Wilson, Illinois 7-FA

Matt Johnson, Eastern Washington UDFA

Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State 3-4

LB

D.J.Bryant, James Madison - UDFA

Special Teams:

Punter

Brian Stahovich, San Diego State UDFA

Boise State outside linebacker Shea McClellin visited or worked out for a total of 11 NFL teams, according to a league source.

That included visits or workouts with the New England Patriots, Kansas City Chiefs, Buffalo Bills, Tennessee Titans, Indianapolis Colts and the Cleveland Browns.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1178816&nid=5817785&fhn=1

Chad - thought I'd use your list and add each player's round projection based on a few sources. Hope you don't mind, just thought it'd help people work out what type of players we're looking at.

QB

RB

WR

OT

C

OG

Brandon Brooks, U. of Miami, Ohio - 3-4th round

Ryan Miller, Colorado - 6th round

TE

Adrien Robinson, Cincinnati - 7-FA

Defense:

DT

Michael Brockers, LSU - 1st round

Nicholas Jean-Baptiste, Baylor - 7th round

3-4/4-3 DE

Tyrone Crawford, Boise State - 4th round

Matt Conrath, Virginia - 7-FA

3-4 OLB

Tim Fugger, Vanderbilt - 7-FA

Ryan Van Bergen, Michigan UDFA

CB

Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama - 1-2nd round

Keith Tandy, West Virginia 6th round

Chris Greenwood, Albion 7th round

Dwight Bentley, Louisiana-Lafayette 4th round

Trumaine Johnson, Montana 2nd round

S

Tavon Wilson, Illinois 7-FA

Matt Johnson, Eastern Washington UDFA

Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State 3-4

LB

D.J.Bryant, James Madison - UDFA

Special Teams:

Punter

Brian Stahovich, San Diego State UDFA

Excellent idea, Dan!!! :)

QB

RB

WR

OT

Steven Baker, East Carolina - Rounds 6-7

C

OG