Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Player Interest Thread Based on Visits or Confirmed Articles

chad72

QB

Andrew Luck, Stanford (should I provide links??? :))

CB

Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama (http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1175793&nid=6101821&fhn=1)

Keith Tandy, West Virginia (http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1175946&nid=5465708&fhn=1)

C

Gino Gradkowski, Delaware (http://sdg.scout.com/2/1175212.html)

I will try to update this list as the number of visits keep going up.

Please keep adding to this list as you get more confirmations.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QB

Andrew Luck, Stanford (should I provide links??? :))

CB

Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama (http://profootball.s...d=6101821&fhn=1)

Keith Tandy, West Virginia (http://profootball.s...d=5465708&fhn=1)

C

Gino Gradkowski, Delaware (http://sdg.scout.com/2/1175212.html)

I will try to update this list as the number of visits keep going up.

Please keep adding to this list as you get more confirmations.

Thanks. Maybe we can get this pinned?

Profootballtalk.com has a really good 2012 draft visit and workout tracker: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/29/2012-draft-visits-and-workout-tracker/

Right now he has these players for the colts:

Indianapolis Colts

Virginia defensive end Matt Conrath (4/11).

Vanderbilt defensive end Tim Fugger (4/?).

Delaware guard/center Gino Gradkowski (4/?).

+Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck (4/3, 4/10).

North Alabama cornerback Janoris Jenkins (4/10).

+Cincinnati tight end Adrien Robinson (?/?).

*San Diego State punter Brian Stahovich (4/?).

West Virginia cornerback Keith Tandy (?/?).

Illinois safety Tavon Wilson (4/?).

With

* = private workout only; not a visit to team facility.

+ = BOTH private workout and visit to team facility.

Offense:

QB

Andrew Luck, Stanford

C

Gino Gradkowski, Delaware

TE

Adrien Robinson, Cincinnati

Defense:

DE

Matt Conrath, Virginia

Tim Fugger, Vanderbilt

Tyrone Crawford, Boise State

CB

Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama

Keith Tandy, West Virginia

S

Tavon Wilson, Illinois

LB

D.J.Bryant, James Madison

Special Teams:

Punter

Brian Stahovich, San Diego State

Thanks, got it!!!

Offense:

QB

Andrew Luck, Stanford

C

TE

Defense:

DE

Matt Conrath, Virginia

Tim Fugger, Vanderbilt

CB

Chris Greenwood, Albion

S

Tavon Wilson, Illinois

LB

Special Teams:

Punter

I think the fact that we haven't done anything with Fleener suggests one or multiple of the following: a) they saw enough of him at the combine and Standford's pro day to feel confident in their evaluations, b) we aren't interested, and/or c) we don't expect him whatsoever to drop to us.

Edit: BTW, very interesting thread.

Miami (Ohio) Offensive Guard Brandon Brooks via twitter (@RavensInsider)

Aaron Wilson@RavensInsider

Huge kid! Here's a write up from National Football Post:

"Has experience playing left tackle and both guard spots, but his body type says more guard only in the NFL. He is a long armed guy for his size. However, possesses a physical make-up and carries his weight well. Struggles in space when asked to get out and pull. Looks a little top heavy, doesn't possess "plus" range when asked to get into the second level and lacks ideal balance when trying to breakdown and take proper angles. Has a tough time changing directions once he gets his momentum going and routinely will whiff into contact. Nevertheless, is a naturally strong kid in the run game as an in-line guy. Showcases good bend when asked to coil up into his stance. Did a much better job as a senior keeping his pad level down and running his legs through contact while staying engaged. Showcases quick hands off the snap. Doesn't have a real explosive first step, but is so powerful he can create a push in-line as a run blocker.

Does a good job sitting into his stance in the pass game. His size and natural power allows him to be a "plus" anchor player vs. the bull rush. Plus, his length again allows him to gain leverage into contact and he's really improved his punch as the year went on. Is an above-average athlete for his size and exhibits solid change of direction skills. But, isn't real technically sound with his footwork in pass protection at times. Doesn't stay real balanced, wants to be aggressive and get his hands on lineman, and will get caught lunging into contact. .

Impression: Is a big, strong kid who has some lateral quickness for his size but needs some technique work. Nevertheless, has some upside and can win consistently in the run game and pass game and looks like an NFL starter in an angle scheme to me."

Huge kid! Here's a write up from National Football Post:

"Has experience playing left tackle and both guard spots, but his body type says more guard only in the NFL. He is a long armed guy for his size. However, possesses a physical make-up and carries his weight well. Struggles in space when asked to get out and pull. Looks a little top heavy, doesn't possess "plus" range when asked to get into the second level and lacks ideal balance when trying to breakdown and take proper angles. Has a tough time changing directions once he gets his momentum going and routinely will whiff into contact. Nevertheless, is a naturally strong kid in the run game as an in-line guy. Showcases good bend when asked to coil up into his stance. Did a much better job as a senior keeping his pad level down and running his legs through contact while staying engaged. Showcases quick hands off the snap. Doesn't have a real explosive first step, but is so powerful he can create a push in-line as a run blocker.

Does a good job sitting into his stance in the pass game. His size and natural power allows him to be a "plus" anchor player vs. the bull rush. Plus, his length again allows him to gain leverage into contact and he's really improved his punch as the year went on. Is an above-average athlete for his size and exhibits solid change of direction skills. But, isn't real technically sound with his footwork in pass protection at times. Doesn't stay real balanced, wants to be aggressive and get his hands on lineman, and will get caught lunging into contact. .

Impression: Is a big, strong kid who has some lateral quickness for his size but needs some technique work. Nevertheless, has some upside and can win consistently in the run game and pass game and looks like an NFL starter in an angle scheme to me."

He is projected to be a third round pick. If we didn't have bigger needs, I would love to have this kid on our team.

He is projected to be a third round pick. If we didn't have bigger needs, I would love to have this kid on our team.

Yeah, too much of a reach for our low 3rd. Man, he would definitely not be on our old regime's radar!

Some of the negatives are his 'sluggishness' probably due to his weight and that he's not a great puller. But it sure would be nice to have a guy like that plowing the road for a change.

Yeah, too much of a reach for our low 3rd. Man, he would definitely not be on our old regime's radar!

Some of the negatives are his 'sluggishness' probably due to his weight and that he's not a great puller. But it sure would be nice to have a guy like that plowing the road for a change.

He actually sounds a lot like Jacques McClendon, who we drafted in 5th round and then never played at his position.

DE

Matt Conrath, Virginia

Tim Fugger, Vanderbilt

Conrath sounds like a five-tech/three-tech hybrid.

Fugger sounds like a OLB/DE prospect, with great athleticism.

Crawford is probably a five-tech prospect.

Sounds like we'll be doing something other than Moala at five-tech, to be sure.

Conrath sounds like a five-tech/three-tech hybrid.

Fugger sounds like a OLB/DE prospect, with great athleticism.

Crawford is probably a five-tech prospect.

Sounds like we'll be doing something other than Moala at five-tech, to be sure.

We could work out a bunch of guys, but it doesn't mean we'll draft em. Crawford is the only good 3-4 DE, with Fugger and Conrath being late round picks. I think Moala will start next year as he has the most experience in a 3-4 on this D-line, besides Reddding and MCKinney.

He actually sounds a lot like Jacques McClendon, who we drafted in 5th round and then never played at his position.

I thought the same thing. Weight and strength are great but unless you can move you aren't going to make it in this league.

Can someone tell me how well Carl Nicks and Jahri Evans pull as guards? I do not see them doing it that often. It is just not physically as easy for a 340 lb guy to pull easily as it is for a 310-320 lb guy, IMO. But then, they form a wall of pocket protection for Brees, who plays shotgun snaps more than he plays behind the center, it seems like. Then, running between the tackles is much easier too.

You have to run plays that give your O-line and offense the best chance of success. So, if you have to run less pulling plays and stretch plays, and more screen plays where your guys can latch on and hold on real well in space, so be it. Can an O-line guy tell me what kind of plays work better with bigger guards?

Brockers is 6'5" 322lbs, Haloti Ngata is 6'4" 330lbs.

He's bigger than a lot of NTs we've all been talking about... Hebron Fangupo, Mike Martin, Josh Chapman. He's about 20 some lbs shy of Poe/Ta'amu. I could see why they are looking at him.

Actually, Hebron Fangupo is 6'1", 323 lbs. Brockers has him in length.

http://www.cbssports.../hebron-fangupo

I have been a proponent of the fact that we dont need 350 lbs per se for the NT position. We mainly need a 320-330 lb guy that is athletic enough to begin with to hold the nose down and demand double teams.

The latest update:

Offense:

QB

Andrew Luck, Stanford

C

OG

Brandon Brooks, U. of Miami, Ohio

TE

Defense:

DT

Michael Brockers, LSU

DE

Matt Conrath, Virginia

Tim Fugger, Vanderbilt

CB

Chris Greenwood, Albion

S

Tavon Wilson, Illinois

LB

Special Teams:

Punter

Yeah Brockers is off the board definately. Always makes me wonder why we interview guys like that. Anyways all those guys mentioned look like very good fits for our team. That said they are all mid-late round picks. Haven't seen any real names that are likely to be our 2nd/3rd round pick except Jenkins/Fleener. Be interesting in the coming days to see where we go.

I also see it as telling in where they think our needs are. So far it looks like OLB/DE, CB, TE, G/C, S. I think that is very telling of where we are looking for help and what we anticipate being our needs. I don't think anyone was really think we had needs at OLB/DE but clearly that is an area we are looking at. Obviously secondary which we all thought and TE are needs just based on numbers in house. Interesting to see neither WR/RB on the list. I assume we look at UDFA/vet min. to give us depth at the running back (we only have 3 and that is too few to bring into camp). Also the WR we have are to few for camp as well so I thought we might be looking there (and especially with age/injury concerns we have).

I like the players on the list. Especially the CBs and OLB/DEs and the big ugly at G. Sure he might not be able to pull a lot but we might be getting away from the stretch and zone runs and going more straight ahead.

Yeah Brockers is off the board definately. Always makes me wonder why we interview guys like that.

We have a high second rounder (high in every round except the 6th, actually). So we could conceivably move back into the first round if we deemed it worth the cost. And then there's always a player or two who drop a little more than expected. If Brockers is there at #34, that's a good pick. Or he's there at #28, and we want to move up six spots, it might make sense.

We have a high second rounder (high in every round except the 6th, actually). So we could conceivably move back into the first round if we deemed it worth the cost. And then there's always a player or two who drop a little more than expected. If Brockers is there at #34, that's a good pick. Or he's there at #28, and we want to move up six spots, it might make sense.

I guess. He is projected to be early teens and late teens at the latest. See no way he falls back to a point it makes getting him feasable imo. Everyone has him going anywhere from 7-17..but definately no later. It would take a heck of a trade (that I don't think we can afford) to get him.

I know lots of teams do this but I guess I just am wondering what the thinking is.

I guess. He is projected to be early teens and late teens at the latest. See no way he falls back to a point it makes getting him feasable imo. Everyone has him going anywhere from 7-17..but definately no later. It would take a heck of a trade (that I don't think we can afford) to get him.

I know lots of teams do this but I guess I just am wondering what the thinking is.

Teams think beyond the draft when they meet with players. If they really like him and don't get him (and there's a lot more of those types), they'll continue to monitor his progress and he will eventually either be on his next contract or may be available for a trade.

You're right, there's no way we get him in this draft though.